Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Anky2930

Really like the information you all have shared and some more applications I want to share is:
    1.Gallery lock
    2.Application lock
    3.Floating images etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Football Manager will be released on Android next week, April 11th.

AWESOME.

CAN'T WAIT!

Waiting not so patiently for this.
    Any word on it yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

For the oldies amongst us.. not perfect, but Elite anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

JustinOval wrote: »
    If you're into ringtones and wallpapers, Zedge is a must-have app.

I downloaded this ages ago and never used it. Is a great app! Nice for wall papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Football Manager will be released on Android next week, April 11th.

AWESOME.

CAN'T WAIT!

any news on this mitch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    For the oldies amongst us.. not perfect, but Elite anyone?

holy sh1t

my favourite game when I was a kid on my Speccy 48k :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Headshot wrote: »
    any news on this mitch?

From the FM message boards...
    Its been 'delivered' to the store - we're waiting on propagation to the outside world now, as I mentioned last night we've no experience of how long this will take as FMH is our first Android product ... so please be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,034 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Miles Jacobson said he expects it on the store by around 6.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If it's on the store then they should have a direct link to it that they can publish and people can start downloading, so I'm guessing that it being on the store is a lie.

It takes 1 - 2 hours max for it to start showing up in searches then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I daresay I shall be downloading this... Looking forward to dossing at work... :D

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    If it's on the store then they should have a direct link to it that they can publish and people can start downloading, so I'm guessing that it being on the store is a lie.

It takes 1 - 2 hours max for it to start showing up in searches then.

Would that apply to paid apps also which this is?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sigames.fmhi

Released. $9.99 on the US store, can't see it on the Irish store yet...

dulpit wrote: »
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sigames.fmhi

Released. $9.99 on the US store, can't see it on the Irish store yet...

It is available now. 7.99 sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ludo wrote: »
    It is available now. 7.99 sterling.

I see 6.99

€7.99 on my phone here...

And 15 5 star reviews, from people who at best might have had 2 minutes playtime... :o

Would that apply to paid apps also which this is?

Yes, once its on the market the direct link will work immediately. Interested to see what people think once they've got a go at it. The 15 5 stars are likely to be the developers putting in on their own devices :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

AdAway.

Blocks ads on webpages and in apps. Requires root. Supposed to be better than AdFree.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

Nolimits wrote: »

I've already fallen in love with this. A cool way to navigate fancy blogs and american magazine sites. It combines the functionality of Google Reader with a touch-oriented web interface.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

For anyone that likes puzzle games, one touch drawing, is a great game. It will keep u busy for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Reckless Racing 2 ..if it hasn't been mentioned already.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.polarbit.RecklessRacing2

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Football manager is very nicely done so far, havent started a match yet thou

Can anyone tell me how I sell my players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I've already fallen in love with this. A cool way to navigate fancy blogs and american magazine sites. It combines the functionality of Google Reader with a touch-oriented web interface.

Wow, Google Currents has much improved from previous versions. The sync is now automatic and doesn't take forever now, 7 times faster according to Google.

News360 is also a very nice news app for both tablets and phones

For Phone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.news360.news360app&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5uZXdzMzYwLm5ld3MzNjBhcHAiXQ..

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Anky2930 wrote: »
    Really like the information you all have shared and some more applications I want to share is:
    1.Gallery lock
    2.Application lock
    3.Floating images etc

Which gallery lock do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Headshot wrote: »
    Football manager is very nicely done so far, havent started a match yet thou

Can anyone tell me how I sell my players?

How many MB does it take up on the phone once you've downloaded everything if you move to SD?

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    How many MB does it take up on the phone once you've downloaded everything if you move to SD?

It all goes to SD automatically once downloaded and installed fully....leaves 72KB on internal memory (68KB app and 4KB data in my case so far).

Anymore substantial reviews of FM? Is it worth the 8 quid? Missing anything substantial? Any bugs/crashes? Does it need connectivity for anything?

draffodx wrote: »
    Anymore substantial reviews of FM? Is it worth the 8 quid? Missing anything substantial? Any bugs/crashes? Does it need connectivity for anything?

Well I have only played it for an hour so no in-depth review yet here...only first impressions really.

Playing on a new Sony Experia S and it is very quick and does not seem to use a lot of battery power. No connectivity required that I can see once a large download completes on first load of the game. It does not take up the whole screen though which is a pity.
    The buttons are a bit unresponsive sometimes. You click one and you see it click but nothing happens so you gotta click it again.

No haptic feedback when dragging players around on tactic/selection screen. This is a bit annoying as it can be hard to tell if you are actually dragging someone or if you "missed".

I haven't even tried buying/selling anyone yet...I just ploughed ahead to matches to see how the current West Ham squad get on. The matches are nice...kinda like FM a few versions ago...overhead dots moving around in the key moments.

I do like the interface. Didn't take long to get used to it at all and it is very intuitive. Some people have complained that the android back button dumps you back onto your android homepage but I quite like this to be honest as the game is played in landscape mode anyway so back button would be in wrong place if they used it in the game.

No bugs (other than the buttons mentioned above) or crashed yet.

Overall I think it is well worth the few quid so far. I can see myself playing it for quite a while and if you like FM then it is well worth it.

Disclaimer: I have played every version of Football Manager since it first started as Championship Manager way back in 92/93 and used to be completely addicted to it so I may be biased ;)

• Advertisement

It does not take up the whole screen though which is a pity.

Just on this point, I have read that the devs went went 2 or 3 screen resolutions to begin with, and they will review the downloads/etc to see what the common resolutions are, and they'll then push an update to fix this...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement