Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Try dolfin hd browser. pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

I found dolphin to really slow down from what it used to be.

I use opera now.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ghandee wrote: »
    Don't think its got a mention yet, but can knock down will take hours of your life!

Damn you Ghandee :D I did not need to know this game existed. Its strangely addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Zascar wrote: »
    Using the new Swiftkey beta and I really like the way it can work out misses spaces as I'm always doing that, but I really really do not like how they have removed the seperate punctuation marks for full stop, comma and questions mark, and replaced with a push, hold and slide. It just takes longer and seems like its slowing me down. Very annoying. Also for me the heptic feedback does not work, not sure why. I also cannot find the setting to decrease the time of the long press response. Gone back to the old one for now. Pity I really liked the space correction.

They made the space bar bigger but they didn't really need to with the new space correction feature.

You can change the haptic feedback timing in the menu, go for 20/25 for similar feel to the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any one have any good apps for profiles for rings tones. Just say like power controlled style app where I can change to work and then back to normal in one motion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭jaykay74

jayteecork wrote: »
    Fúck Sony's Wisepilot.

Update had it going from 2mb to about 17MB of internal phone memory and I can't delete the fkn thing. Can't put it on SD either.

Have to keep uninstalling the update as I'm out of phone memory.

You can't delete it but you can remove the updates to restore it to the original state of 2mb. Just go into the app as if you were going to delete there should be an option to remove updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Another browser I use sometimes is ICS Browser+, like stock with improvements.

Another app I've been using recently is Plex, not free but it's very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Any one have any good apps for profiles for rings tones. Just say like power controlled style app where I can change to work and then back to normal in one motion?

Audio Manager Pro.

Enables you to set your various volume levels (Alarm, Media, Alerts, Ringer, System, Voice Call), create profiles with different audio and create shortcuts for the profiles, so that you can change with a single tap.

Doesn't let you change the actual ring tone, it that's what you are after, but it's one of the most useful apps I've ever installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Wouldn't exactly call this must have, but I've been using Quick ICS Browser for the past few days and it's lightning https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.virifi.android.quickbrowser&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Ste- wrote: »
    Another browser I use sometimes is ICS Browser+, like stock with improvements.

Another app I've been using recently is Plex, not free but it's very handy!

What does Plex do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

madmoe wrote: »
    What does Plex do?

Stream media from your desktop to your phone.
    Very handy as I'm not always at home when I want to watch some of my Movies/TV Shows.
    There are a few apps that do this but this was the easiest to set up.
    Worht the few quid imo.
    Transcoding on the fly for 3G too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Audio Manager Pro.

Enables you to set your various volume levels (Alarm, Media, Alerts, Ringer, System, Voice Call), create profiles with different audio and create shortcuts for the profiles, so that you can change with a single tap.

Doesn't let you change the actual ring tone, it that's what you are after, but it's one of the most useful apps I've ever installed.

This just reminded me of Hide It Pro. It's an app that appears in your app drawer as an Audio Manager but if you know what you are doing, you can access a hidden vault where you can hide pictures, videos, audio or apps away from prying eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jackobyte wrote: »
    This just reminded me of Hide It Pro. It's an app that appears in your app drawer as an Audio Manager but if you know what you are doing, you can access a hidden vault where you can hide pictures, videos, audio or apps away from prying eyes.

if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

I use Vaulty, it's a bit slow though and I think it only hides pictures
    I'll try Hide It Pro:)

Brilliant!! Just what I was looking for ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I hope none of your wives or girlfriends know your boards usernames!!! :p

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

There is even a emergency pin feature which will bring you into an empty vault on the off chance that someone recognises the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

What browser are people using? Just started using chrome and it seems rapid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    What browser are people using? Just started using chrome and it seems rapid.
    Used to use Dolphin HD. Very good browser, I loved the gestures.
    Just started using chrome as well and I like it. Pretty quick, but is it just me or does it have problems with flash?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there a Chrome browser for Android?
    If there is has anyone got a link? Its not showing up in play store for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is there a Chrome browser for Android?
    If there is has anyone got a link? Its not showing up in play store for me.
    You need to be on ics...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No good here so. Thanks anyway.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Audio Manager Pro.

Just seen the reply there going to give it a shot now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Just started using chrome as well and I like it. Pretty quick, but is it just me or does it have problems with flash?

Chrome doesn't support flash. Must give it a try though as was using Opera for the past month but got hugely frustrated with it as it takes a age to open and is quite slow.

Gone back to stock since I've upgraded to ICS and must say it's speedy enough. Just a shame you can't organise your bookmarks into folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

You can just stick a file called .nomedia in the folder with the pictures, videos etc you want to hide and then it won't show up in Gallery etc.

This file is in a lot of the system folders, fust copy and paste, it stops android scanning that folder for media

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

s_carnage wrote: »
    Aodan83 wrote: »

Chrome doesn't support flash. Must give it a try though as was using Opera for the past month but got hugely frustrated with it as it takes a age to open and is quite slow.

Gone back to stock since I've upgraded to ICS and must say it's speedy enough. Just a shame you can't organise your bookmarks into folders.
    I installed this today. It's lightning fast. I'm very Impressed with it. Shame about the lack of flash support though because no matter what they say, flash isn't going away for some time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I installed this today. It's lightning fast. I'm very Impressed with it. Shame about the lack of flash support though because no matter what they say, flash isn't going away for some time yet.
    In relation to mobile it is. Adobe is abandoning development

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

s_carnage wrote: »

Was thinking that alright, it's not a huge deal to be honest though. I quite like how Chrome syncs your bookmarks and stuff, very handy if you use it as your main browser on PC as well (although admittedly Opera does this too I think).
    I tried Opera Mobile and Opera Mini for a while as well. They are both pretty good, though Mini is a bit snappier I felt. Always reverted back to Dolphin though until Chrome came out.
    Kind of trying to decide between Chrome and Dolphin now though, Chrome is good but I liked how Dolphin managed tabs over how it's done in Chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

In relation to mobile it is. Adobe is abandoning development

I'm aware that Adobe is abandoning mobile development but any website with embedded streaming video is using flash and they are not going to change in a hurry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement