Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Cabbage only works with your webtexts. And you get charged if you send an international one:(

You can send international webtexts with Vodafone - whether it's worth your while to switch is another issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You can send international webtexts with Vodafone - whether it's worth your while to switch is another issue.

Would'nt touch Voda with a mile-long pole never mind a 40ft one:D Have ayce data with Three, which I'm very happy with. I could use Jaxtr to send texts to UK via data for free, now they are charging, initially at 1c(US) n, which still made it a no-brainer, but now they've gone up to 10c(US).:(. Therefore would like to get something similar to the original jaxtr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just downloaded TeamViewer for Remote Control, it allows you to log on to your PC/MAC remotely. It's marketed as something you can use to support friends/family if they have tech issues, but tbh, I think it'd be pretty handy just if I have my laptop on the other side of the room connected to the TV, if I'm streaming stuff I can control my laptop without having to get up!! :)

I just tried it there and it worked quite well, although it did remove my desktop picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Any alternatives to Temple Run for until it gets released on Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Any alternatives to Temple Run for until it gets released on Android?

Run Like Hell

Different perspective but still fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hmm, actually it does work but it's not very responsive, works about once out of every ten attempts or so.

Have had this issue a lot as well and especially on my tablet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Patsy fyre wrote: »

International texts with Vodafone and O2 are free from Cabbage.....well at least for me as long as I have been using it and that's years now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

madmoe wrote: »

International texts with Vodafone and O2 are free from Cabbage.....well at least for me as long as I have been using it and that's years now!
    Yeah unfortunately meteor or e mobile don't allow international texts, annoying.

Yeah unfortunately meteor or e mobile don't allow international texts, annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Anyone see the Apps list part 2 in the Sunday Times? Was really good.

I think I missed part 1 last week though. Going to check the recycling bin for it later, should be there.

Tried get a link for it online but it's only for subscribers I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

subway wrote: »
    on that topic, does anyone know of an app like tunein that allows alarms but also has a snooze feature? :)

AlarmDroid has an option to enter an Internet Stream as the ring tone, I tried it with a Today FM address but it didn't work, I may not have the right address though. It also has loads of other options such as letting you snooze by flipping the phone over, and having to do a maths calculation to stop the alarm. It'll also read out the weather forecast for you if you want.

Thanks for the headsup on wifi timer, I got woken at 4:30 recently when some randomer spammed me on Skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

budgemook wrote: »

I think I missed part 1 last week though. Going to check the recycling bin for it later, should be there.

What categories were there this week? Can you remember any good apps from this weeks list?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

wheres my water is very addictive it seems like a childs game but you will be hooked in no time also i think im late catching onto cut the rope but thats also very good.

What categories were there this week? Can you remember any good apps from this weeks list?

I only glanced over it really. I still have it so can reply to this properly when I've read it properly? I remember there being a Games section, with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit standing out and also a travel section. There was a Health section too.

Any good categories from part 1? Hopefully I still have that in the recycle bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I only glanced over it really. I still have it so can reply to this properly when I've read it properly? I remember there being a Games section, with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit standing out and also a travel section. There was a Health section too.

Any good categories from part 1? Hopefully I still have that in the recycle bin.

Any chance you can scan them in ?
    Missed it both times knew nothing of these till now.

Ste- wrote: »
    Any chance you can scan them in ?
    Missed it both times knew nothing of these till now.

Maybe, dunno, mightn't be able. Will see can I do it at work. Part 2 was a really big article, I assume Part 1 was too.

If anyone finds it online, outside the subscription site, be sure to post it (unless that's not allowed).

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any app for turning off packet data ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Headshot wrote: »
    Any app for turning off packet data ?

Apn on/off widget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Is there any ICS widget for switching between 2G/3G/Auto?

I know it wasn't possible in GB without having a custom ROM. Just wondering if it can be done in ICS?

Cheers, BN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I actually thought it was a bit disappointing both weeks. Nothing particularly new and if you spend anytime in this thread you will be aware of most of the good apps that they mentioned.

I actually thought it was a bit disappointing both weeks. Nothing particularly new and if you spend anytime in this thread you will be aware of most of the good apps that they mentioned.

Yeah now that I've read it I'm a bit over it. Some good stuff in there but here is better. The big one I want to try I read in the paper is Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Has anyone tried it? I should mention I'm not into playing things like GTA3 on the phone as I find it too hard to control. The review says NFP is easy to control but I'm sceptical.

Also, I can't see myself scanning it. It's 40 newspaper sized pages....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone trying out transparent screen? It has a free and full version. Basically it's for idiots like me who now cant text and walk since the invention of the touchscreen. It uses the camera to give you a transparent image of what's in front of you. Havent got to try it outside yet though it does seem to slow my Galaxy S2 so I'd say it's high end machines only atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Anyone trying out transparent screen? It has a free and full version. Basically it's for idiots like me who now cant text and walk since the invention of the touchscreen. It uses the camera to give you a transparent image of what's in front of you. Havent got to try it outside yet though it does seem to slow my Galaxy S2 so I'd say it's high end machines only atm.

Thats an amazing idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

ShooterSF wrote: »

Good idea. Tried it out but a little slow on my desire HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Works fine on my sensation, provided I set the resolution to the lowest setting. Bit gimicky, but fun to use :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is there any ICS widget for switching between 2G/3G/Auto?

I know it wasn't possible in GB without having a custom ROM. Just wondering if it can be done in ICS?

Cheers, BN

Data enabler widget does this for me perfectly on my GN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

That just seems to turn packet data on/off. I want a widget to change Network Mode between 2G/3G/Auto.
    5starpool wrote: »
    Data enabler widget does this for me perfectly on my GN.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Oh right, I've no need for that so no idea from me anyhow.

• Advertisement

widgetsoid should do what you want

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement