Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Whats the best browser these days? I tried Dolphin and just don't like it!
    As for paying for apps, if you use it, it's well worth it. I paid for a good few that i found great (livescore, launcher pro, cabbage was all donations)
    Those 3 for less than the price of a couple of pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Paparazzo wrote: »
    As for paying for apps, if you use it, it's well worth it. I paid for a good few that i found great (livescore, launcher pro, cabbage was all donations)

I use Opera Mobile mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

keano_afc wrote: »
    Anyone know of any folder widgets that are any good?

I saw one in a screenshot that had icons in a circle on the home screen, similar to the folder organisation on the fruit phone.

A very good one is Folder Organiser
    There are both free and paid versions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

Paparazzo wrote: »

Boat Browser or Opera

Cheers. I'll give both of them a go.
    What's the difference between Opera Mini Web Browser and Opera Mobile Web Browser?

Edit: found it!
    http://www.opera.com/mobile/specs/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

vandriver wrote: »
    My 6 year old was playing Smurf Village,and she handed me back my phone saying 'what shall I press on this screen?'
    It was to authorise a purchase of Smurf berries of $99.99!
    Try this.
    http://support.google.com/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1626831

It's not a security feature as it can be removed by going into applications and clearing data but a 4 year old won't know to do that. It's meant to stop accidental purchases.

Try this?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hows about that. Multiple profiles (needs root)
    https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anybody know of an app that will allow me to use the old fashioned keyboard on my desire? The one with three letters per number type , not a qwerty one

Slunk wrote: »
    Anybody know of an app that will allow me to use the old fashioned keyboard on my desire? The one with three letters per number type , not a qwerty one

The T9 keyboard is built into the stock HTC one

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Google HTC_IME and that should get ya what ya want. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

wifi timer

when you switch wifi off, you get a popup with the ability to set the time for when it will come back on.
    i use tunein radio as my alarm in the morning so i swithc wifi off before i go to sleep and i can easily set the timer so that it comes back on a few minutes before my alarm goes off so that tunein can start the stream.

on that topic, does anyone know of an app like tunein that allows alarms but also has a snooze feature? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

subway wrote: »
    wifi timer

when you switch wifi off, you get a popup with the ability to set the time for when it will come back on.
    i use tunein radio as my alarm in the morning so i swithc wifi off before i go to sleep and i can easily set the timer so that it comes back on a few minutes before my alarm goes off so that tunein can start the stream.

on that topic, does anyone know of an app like tunein that allows alarms but also has a snooze feature? :)

Great use for it mate and very clever way of having an alarm in the morning ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pulse news app

Don't know if it's been mentioned but it's a brilliant app. Ability to filter what news feeds you want in a slick side-scrolling interface. Can even integrate Facebook if you want. All my feeds are sports and techy related and it's great to have them all in one place. Only minus i'd say is it might be a bit heavy on RAM for lower spec'd Android phones, but it works a dream on my Xperia Ray and Galaxy Tab

Ive been looking through this thread and found some very good apps. I got Power Amp Trial for my music and finding it pretty good but I need something for playing divx/avi files. Is there a universal player that will play everything?

Also something to boost the volume. Ive seen a few posts but not sure which to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Ive been looking through this thread and found some very good apps. I got Power Amp Trial for my music and finding it pretty good but I need something for playing divx/avi files. Is there a universal player that will play everything?

Also something to boost the volume. Ive seen a few posts but not sure which to go for.

Won't the stock Video player play all of your divx files etc?

Re boosting the volume - What phone have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've been using Mobo Player for my videos, no problems thus far...

I use moboplayer, from mobo team (think there's 2 mobo players, get the mobo team one)

I recently got it. A HTC Desire HD runnning cynagen 7 I think it is. I transfered a few avi files over and it wont play them. Ill try moboplayer

So just something for increased volume now.

Last thing, I see a few people putting up photos from their iPhone taken with differenet lens effects. Anyhting like that for android?

Also, this might sound dumb but for paid apps, will it be added onto my meteor bill or do I need to set up an account with the marketplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

I recently got it. A HTC Desire HD runnning cynagen 7 I think it is. I transfered a few avi files over and it wont play them. Ill try moboplayer

Last thing, I see a few people putting up photos from their iPhone taken with differenet lens effects. Anyhting like that for android?

Also, this might sound dumb but for paid apps, will it be added onto my meteor bill or do I need to set up an account with the marketplace?

The photobucket app, snapbucket I think, does that sort of thing

Also, google account deals with paying. You'll need to give google your details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Im on a galaxy s2 and use "voodoo louder", its pretty decent but you need to have the phone rooted first! And its a paid app, only around €1 if i remember correctly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cb.volumePlus

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.paintfx

or a paid option

https://market.android.com/details?id=slide.cameraZoom

Paid apps are tied to your Google Account so the payments are taken through Google Checkout [you set up a credit/debit card with it]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Thanks everyone, voodoo louder was not compatable, think its only for samsungs. Went with Volume+ and Snapbucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anybody else playing ShadowGun? I've been playing it for awhile now, excellent game and I'm just about to finish it when got an update, went to check the update and its a whole new bonus expansion pack for free, bonus!

Try camera 360. Check out the surreal and line sketch options, great app. It has a few add on apps which I haven't tried.

smackyB wrote: »
    World of goo is now out - I think only for tablets. Wouldn't offer to install itself on my Nexus One, only on the Asus Transformer. Great little game. There's a free demo as well. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.twodboy.worldofgoofull&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS50d29kYm95Lndvcmxkb2Znb29mdWxsIl0.

I got world of goo and it's great! Might even pay for the full version! Makes you feel like a structural engineer. Plenty of levels in the demo to decide if you want to buy it or not too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I see a few people putting up photos from their iPhone taken with differenet lens effects. Anyhting like that for android?
    IMO unfortunately none of the Android apps are as good as Instagram. They 'say' they are coming out with an Android version but its now been several months and Nothing!

Zascar wrote: »
    IMO unfortunately none of the Android apps are as good as Instagram. They 'say' they are coming out with an Android version but its now been several months and Nothing!

I hope it never comes out. Theres very few applications I hate more. Id say nearly every second picture I see on FB or Twitter has that fcuking filter!
    Rabble rabble rabble!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

for anybody who plays fpl fantasy football (fantasy.premierleague.com), fantasy football buddy is a fantastic little app, free version or ad free for one euro something i think. Great when your head is ringing on a Saturday morning and need to make that last second change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement