Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Microsoft have release their one note app to the android market. This was already released to ios snd windows app stores

Its more or less basic functionaly lets you create notes and sync them to and from yoir one note pc app. Note that you need a windows live login.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.microsoft.office.onenote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Cheers DaCor, but that's only a shortcut to the setting.

Quote from developers description:
    "2G/3G (Shortcut to mobile settings)"

There are loads of apps that provide a shortcut, but none that just fast switch between the Network Modes.

From reading other forums, it was because of a limitation in GB. I'm hoping that ICS has this limitation removed.

There is an app that can do this - link on xda here. But as I say, it's for custom ROMs only.
    widgetsoid should do what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Looking for a camera app as the original camera on my HTC sensation is no good for taking pics in bad lit up areas and when I use the flash the pic does not come out that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looking for a camera app as the original camera on my HTC sensation is no good for taking pics in bad lit up areas and when I use the flash the pic does not come out that great.

100% Vignette. Its an effects app but the actual cam drivers in it rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Anyone trying out transparent screen? It has a free and full version. Basically it's for idiots like me who now cant text and walk since the invention of the touchscreen. It uses the camera to give you a transparent image of what's in front of you. Havent got to try it outside yet though it does seem to slow my Galaxy S2 so I'd say it's high end machines only atm.
    Immediately thought of this...
    2Kasl.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

BeyondPod Podcast Manager

Just found this if you like your Podcasts and looks beautiful especially on a tablet

Executive Assistant

An all-in-one interface for quickly reviewing your Gmail, Calls, SMS, Twitter, Facebook even from your lookscreen. Really nice app also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

For the music lovers out there.

"Shazam" is class for identifying a song. Use it alot in clubs and pubs if I want to find out the name the song. Never lets me down.

"tunee music" imo now the best app for downloading music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Tunee is great other than the airpush ads. They get annoying very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,359 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    For the music lovers out there.

"Shazam" is class for identifying a song. Use it alot in clubs and pubs if I want to find out the name the song. Never lets me down.

"tunee music" imo now the best app for downloading music.

We were out one night, tried Shazam and Soundhound at same time, soundhound won...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

dulpit wrote: »
    We were out one night, tried Shazam and Soundhound at same time, soundhound won...

Tested both myself in various conditions from a noisy Burger King to a band playing in a pub and yes Soundhound won too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,359 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Anyone know what is the best Dublin Bikes app?

Webapp http://beta.dublinbikes2go.com/?utm_source=MobileSite&utm_medium=HeaderLink&utm_campaign=Android
    I use it all the time, the trend graphs are good for knowing your chances of getting a bike at a certain time

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dulpit wrote: »
    draffodx wrote: »
    Tested both myself in various conditions from a noisy Burger King to a band playing in a pub and yes Soundhound won too.

3 for soundhound \o/
    Much prefer its interface aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

subway wrote: »
    Webapp http://beta.dublinbikes2go.com/?utm_source=MobileSite&utm_medium=HeaderLink&utm_campaign=Android
    I use it all the time, the trend graphs are good for knowing your chances of getting a bike at a certain time

This is excellent, thanks

I find that Shazam picks up music better at lower volumes, Soundhound is probably slightly faster and has the live lyrics.
    There both very good but the name "SHAZAM" does it for me:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Tried both aswell and found Shazam better, but that was just for music on the radio in the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

3 for soundhound \o/
    Much prefer its interface aswell

4 for Soundhound. Not saying Shazam is poor or anything but Soundhound edges it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anyone know of an app to revisefor the drivers theory test. A few uk ones in the market but is there any specific for Ireland. Would be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

Anyone know a good free e-reader with text-2-speech included?
    I find moonreader excellent as an e-reader but text-2-speech isn't included in the free version.
    If I find text-2-speech a useful function I'll probably upgrade to the pro version of moonreader anyway but I'd like to try out text-2-speech as a concept first.

Edit: Found one, FB Reader with a TTS add-on

Edit2: Forget it, listening to Stephen Hawking reading a book isn't tolerable for more than a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Cool reader is free, and has TTS - give it a try sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Slunk wrote: »
    Anyone know of an app to revisefor the drivers theory test. A few uk ones in the market but is there any specific for Ireland. Would be handy

The data bank of questions is not publicly available I'm afraid so it would have to be an official (presumably paid) app.

Looking for an app for downloading music

Slunk wrote: »

Being Ireland, you have to send a premium rate text to get a sample test app. Details are on the dtt site.

Tunee music, just make sure you have some sort of airpush block

subway wrote: »

Tunee music, just make sure you have some sort of airpush block

Airpush block??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Airpush block??

+ 1:confused:

Ghandee wrote: »
    + 1:confused:

Ad Blocker.!

There are very view adds on the version I have installed though compared to some of the other music downloading apps like MP3 music download.

Air push notifications are very intrusive ads. They appear in the notification bar like an SMS and give an alert etc.
    Tunee uses them and they can't be turned off. You can get blockers so install one if you use Tunee.

Also they have google on the Internet now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I've used all the launchers on the market and ended up with this one.

360 Launcher

Don't be put off by the Chinese language, it's all English. Definitely the best launcher I've used.

Alternative Download (If you're only getting Chinese)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1345601

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement