Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

AntiRip wrote: »
    I've used all the launchers on the market and ended up with this one.

360 Launcher

Don't be put off by the Chinese language, it's all English. Definitely the best launcher I've used.
    Just downloaded it there, pretty cool. Will take some getting used to though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Just downloaded it there, pretty cool. Will take some getting used to though!!

Download the Android 4 theme and locker with it. I really like the folders (looks like the iphone when they open) and the different categories in the menu view. It will grow on you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

360 Launcher

Don't be put off by the Chinese language, it's all English. Definitely the best launcher I've used.

Love it so far! Big difference on me Galaxy Nexus!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

360 Launcher

Downloaded it there but it is all in Chinese. How do I change that do you know?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Downloaded it there but it is all in Chinese. How do I change that do you know?

AFAIK it was in English when I downloaded it, I think the weather widget is only for Chinese cities.

Was it in English for you madmoe or MagicMarker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

360 Launcher

I take it this is just for Android 4.0? Don't suppose they do a version for Honeycomb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Is there anything better than vlingo for driving controls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

360 Launcher

Thanks a million for that app. Have been having awful problems with Sense restarting 10+ times a day. This seems to be working great so far.

Found an APK in English. Feels nice so it does. Looking forward to customizing it. GoLauncher was beginning to piss me off a little. Time to clear out the phone a little now.

manual_man wrote: »
    I take it this is just for Android 4.0? Don't suppose they do a version for Honeycomb?

I'm on 2.3.6. Just says Android 4.0 but that's just the theme as far as I know.

The folders opens up like this

screenshot6uy.png

Few more screenshots of phone with launcher just to give you an idea.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4999/screenshot2fa.png
    http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9895/screenshot1qa.png
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2586/screenshot5yl.png
    http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3926/screenshot4pm.png
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2664/screenshot3ey.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If you want an iPhone UI why don't you just get an iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Because iPhones have a few nice UI elements but overall suck hairy balls

My phone's UI doesn't look nothing like an iPhone. If you look at the pictures I actually have a ICS theme with the HTC Sense background. There's nothing wrong with some of the iPhone features also and if you look back through this thread a few people have asked about organising their apps into folders. This launcher does that similar to that.

So don't be childish insulting me, I'm just trying to contribute to the thread, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭G1032

My phone's UI doesn't look nothing like an iPhone. If you look at the pictures I actually have a ICS theme with the HTC Sense background. There's nothing wrong with some of the iPhone features also and if you look back through this thread a few people have asked about organising their apps into folders. This launcher does that similar to that.

So don't be childish insulting me, I'm just trying to contribute to the thread, thanks.

Genuine question here AntiRip...............
    What does this launcher have that the likes of ADW, LPP or GO Launcher don't have?
    If you want a good folder organiser you should try the Folder Organiser app
    Zeam and Nemus are also v good launchers. Zeam isn't packed with features like some of the others but it's v smooth and fast.

G1032 wrote: »
    Genuine question here AntiRip...............
    What does this launcher have that the likes of ADW, LPP or GO Launcher don't have?
    If you want a good folder organiser you should try the Folder Organiser app
    Zeam and Nemus are also v good launchers. Zeam isn't packed with features like some of the others but it's v smooth and fast.

Nothing really bar the in built folder organiser, in ccleaner type widget and it has a video, music, pics organiser within the menu. I know you can do the same with all the other Launchers as well. It's just another alternative Launcher you can try out if you wanted to.

Next week I might be on another launcher who knows :) but I'm using this one a couple of months now and I find it good.

I'm using the iPhone theme with 360 but with my own backgrounds and stuff. I really like it!

I was using GoLauncher and really liked their widgets for Twitter, Facebook and Calendar so I was annoyed with myself for changing from them. However, I found Android Pro Widgets. It was exactly what I was looking for.

So don't be childish one Chinese for Mr ulting me, I'm just trying to contribute to the thread, thanks.

Language is in Chinese for me dudes?? Where to get the English APK??

Mate, I really like yours, any tips on how to get similar?

madmoe wrote: »
    Language is in Chinese for me dudes?? Where to get the English APK??

Mate, I really like yours, any tips on how to get similar?

You can download it from here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1345601

The poster asked not to link it directly elsewhere so you will find the link at the bottom of his post "Launcher_360_EN_Beta1.6.apk".

I'm using the Android 4.0 theme and Locker (You can get it by going into 'Theme' on the app)

My wallpaper is HTC Sense

Icon BG is Pine (The bit of pine under each icon)

There are many Desktop/Drawer effects, I'm using Crossfade.

Hope that helps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Jeez, you're easily insulted!

I asked a genuine question. There are a number of launchers and ROMs out there that seem to bring the whole UI closer to the iphone experience than Android. I just don't see the point.

As for folders, I mentioned Folder Organiser way back in this thread and found it very useful. I'm using an ICS ROM now so it has the folder feature natively.

You can download it from here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1345601

The poster asked not to link it directly elsewhere so you will find the link at the bottom of his post "Launcher_360_EN_Beta1.6.apk".

I'm using the Android 4.0 theme and Locker (You can get it by going into 'Theme' on the app)

My wallpaper is HTC Sense

Icon BG is Pine (The bit of pine under each icon)

There are many Desktop/Drawer effects, I'm using

Hope that helps ;)

Cheers mate, just got it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

manual_man wrote: »

It says Android 2.1 and above. Didn't try on previous Android versions as I'm on a leaked ICS.

193265.jpg
    Paint.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Can folders be created in the 360 launchers app drawer? If so colour me interested.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can folders be created in the 360 launchers app drawer? If so colour me interested.....

Yes it has four stock empty folders which can be renamed or deleted. And extra folders can be created also.

Yes it has four stock empty folders which can be renamed or deleted. And extra folders can be created also.

Works on tablets??

madmoe wrote: »
    Works on tablets??

Just checked it there on SGT. No landscape mode so looks pretty terrible on tablet. ADW EX is great on tablet. Has a nice application drawer at the bottom.

Just checked it there on SGT. No landscape mode so looks pretty terrible on tablet. ADW EX is great on tablet. Has a nice application drawer at the bottom.

Must give that a look mate :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

What's the best Internet browser out there? Always used the stock one but giving Dolphin HD a go at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Is there any app available to view premier league goals like ESPN goals ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

s_carnage wrote: »
    What's the best Internet browser out there? Always used the stock one but giving Dolphin HD a go at the moment.

Theres so many. I'm actually using one called UC browser now. I love it. I particularly love the way you can swipe the screen left or right to go to back or forward between pages. And its fast. The only thing that lets it down is when you zoom in on pages - its far from smooth. Hopefully they might be able to improve that in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I really like Ulysse Speedometer, which I've been using for a while. Upgraded to pro yesterday as they introduced a feature I've been looking for in an app for ages - speed overlay in other apps like maps and navigation, works really well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement