Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

manual_man wrote: »
    for anybody who plays fpl fantasy football (fantasy.premierleague.com), fantasy football buddy is a fantastic little app, free version or ad free for one euro something i think. Great when your head is ringing on a Saturday morning and need to make that last second change
    Is that an officail app or what? Is there anything you cant do, in terms of functionality/transfers/info that you can on the web? I've been having connection issues with their website on my phone so this could sort it out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

for anybody who plays fpl fantasy football (fantasy.premierleague.com), fantasy football buddy is a fantastic little app, free version or ad free for one euro something i think. Great when your head is ringing on a Saturday morning and need to make that last second change
    Is that an officail app or what? Is there anything you cant do, in terms of functionality/transfers/info that you can on the web? I've been having connection issues with their website on my phone so this could sort it out for me.

not official as far as i know. only real thing you can't do is view list of gameweek fixtures, though each player has opponent team in brackets for present gameweek, plus by clicking on player info you can see next 3 fixtures. So it's not really an issue, unless you were playing your wildcard, in which case you might want to use the main site to study fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

I got the lite version there. Had a quick look, seems to work fine so far.

Handier than using the site if you've a small screen.

Heres link if anyone else is getting it

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.giddyant_software.premier.fantasy.free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Is there a tablet market? For specific tablet apps and that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

niallo24 wrote: »
    Is there a tablet market? For specific tablet apps and that?

If you go to the market on PC there's a link for staff picks for tablet apps on the first page.

Does it not just show compatible apps when you browse the market on the tablet? I don't have one so I'm not sure about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Is there an app that lets you send Meteor webtexts quickly and easily? I see this one, but it only has 3 reviews so not sure if it's legit?

edit: cabbage seems to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Zascar wrote: »
    IMO unfortunately none of the Android apps are as good as Instagram. They 'say' they are coming out with an Android version but its now been several months and Nothing!

Magic Hour is pretty good IMHO, but doesn't have the web hosting option of Instagram, although with Android you don't need it. ;)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kiwiple.mhm.free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I always use their mobile site and find it great. Was updated big time this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Re the 7 digital app.

I'm a 7 digital customer but only downloaded their app yesterday after reading about it here.

Buying an album today and noticed you can't use paypal on the app.

Or am I missing something?

budgemook wrote: »
    Re the 7 digital app.

I'm a 7 digital customer but only downloaded their app yesterday after reading about it here.

Buying an album today and noticed you can't use paypal on the app.

Or am I missing something?

Linked to your Google account as far as i know. Same for nearly all other paid Android apps. Do you not have a card linked to your Google account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

They've just updated it and integrated a widget that lets you see your players and score without opening the browser. Handy. You can even set the refresh interval and do manual refreshes from the widget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

bobby10_10 wrote: »
    I was always of the belief that games on phones were a bit silly , until i discoverd stickyman golf & iRunner :D

such simple but brilliantly made games that keep you entertained . People downloading the likes of gta and modern warfare i still think is a tad nonsensical but each to their own .

I only have four games ; Stickyman , i runner , angry birds & word feud .

God blast you, you've ruined my life

They've just updated it and integrated a widget that lets you see your players and score without opening the browser. Handy. You can even set the refresh interval and do manual refreshes from the widget.

That's savage. They really are always trying to improve it fair play!

Has anyone used the Easy Battery Saver app? The reviews in the market are all veey positive but Im a bit skeptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Cianos wrote: »
    Has anyone used the Easy Battery Saver app? The reviews in the market are all veey positive but Im a bit skeptical.

Turn brightness down and manually sync data and you be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

seanybiker wrote: »
    For geeks: flash cyanogenmod and adjust brightness levels manually depending on current ambient lux level.
    That's how it looks: http://firszt.eu/boards/cyanogenmod-manual-brightnes.png

seanybiker wrote: »

I want emails to hit my phone when they're sent, so manual data sync isn't an option. Granted, email is the only thing I care about in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Hey all, I'm looking for an app to watch streamed movies, I know about netflix but there is a monthly fee for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hey all, I'm looking for an app to watch streamed movies, I know about netflix but there is a monthly fee for that.

So you want an illegal streaming app?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

Can't find it on the android market. Search for Fantasy football buddy doesn't show anything. has it been renamed or anything?

• Advertisement

dave13 wrote: »

Can't find it on the android market. Search for Fantasy football buddy doesn't show anything. has it been renamed or anything?

Thats very strange. It seems it might have been removed. Maybe on request of the PL. The app is still working, thankfully

Try this one instead. Before it disappears!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.homemade.ffm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,466 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.giddyant_software.premier.fantasy.free&hl=en

Looks like it might have been removed, probably at the request of the official site

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Thats very strange. It seems it might have been removed. Maybe on request of the PL. The app is still working, thankfully

Try this one instead. Before it disappears!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.homemade.ffm

Guys in relation to the app ive linked above, does anyone know how to get ones hands on a previous version of the app? its now v1.1.6 but i want v1.1.4! (had ability to see future fixtures - since removed in latest version)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I've got an app for that that was taken off the app store for obvious reasons but since Netflix came out I haven't looked at it.

Seriously, pay the 7 euros it is well well worth it. Dexter, Breaking Bad, 24 and some excellent documentaries and some good movies obviously. Much better than sh11ty streaming sites waiting forever to buffer at 240p compared to Netflix.

Shows you that when the Movie Industry does do something right they can put a dent on illegal ways of obtaining material besides the foolish road they're going down now i.e SOPA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Filmon tv is decent enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Otacon wrote: »
    [QUOTE=Theimpro
    ver;76882064]Hey all, I'm looking for an app to watch streamed movies, I know about netflix but there is a monthly fee for that.

So you want an illegal streaming app?[/Quote]

Basically yes :)

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Filmon tv is decent enough!
    Have it, looking for something with more up to date movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,858 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads can anyone recommend some apps for the Galaxy S2, iv been out of the android scene for such a long time, iv no idea what apps are a must have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Basically yes :)

ebb22674_not-sure-if-serious.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement