Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

sky go for Android due out "end of February 2012"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

irishgeo wrote: »
    sky go for Android due out "end of February 2012"

I heard from someone working at Sky that it was supposed to be out on the 8th of February unless there was a problem.

Must have been some sort of issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Ridiculous having to wait for so long for sky go, I mean the netflix app came out overnight for all platforms.
    Really annoying.

@ Headshot,

The app I mostly use are, Netflix,
    world newspapers,
    filmOn TV
    Super Stickman
    Fantasy Football Buddy
    Whats App
    Paddy Power
    SwiftKey
    Speaktoit Assistant
    Pulse
    Vlingo
    Tune In Radio
    Rugby news
    FotMob
    Feedly

Thats all I can think off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,858 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks Patsy ill enjoy trying those out

Headshot wrote: »
    Thanks Patsy ill enjoy trying those out

Some other apps which are fun to mess around with:

camera zoom FX
    Flashlight (strobe lighting :D?
    Paper Toss
    Sketch n draw
    Hey tell
    Scanner radio
    Talking Tom
    Iris

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Ridiculous having to wait for so long for sky go, I mean the netflix app came out overnight for all platforms

I heard on the sky forums that they (sky) were waiting for apple's exclusive rights to run out. Don't know if it's true or not but judging from sky's love affair with iPad I'm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

dave13 wrote: »
    Can't find it on the android market. Search for Fantasy football buddy doesn't show anything. has it been renamed or anything?

According to their twitter feed its been removed because of an issue with the team kits - hopeful to have it back up soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just downloaded the Remote for itunes app, pretty cool!! I have absolutely no need for it but it's still pretty cool. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Snake '97 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Vignette, way better than any stock camera app I've seen and its got a whole bucketload of "instagram-esque" filters and frames to boot. Transformed my x10's camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Is there any apps out there to combat spam? Ive installed a few games but I am getting notifcations about winning an iphone etc. Anything I can get to stop this apart from removing the apps themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Slunk wrote: »
    Is there any apps out there to combat spam? Ive installed a few games but I am getting notifcations about winning an iphone etc. Anything I can get to stop this apart from removing the apps themselves?

I'm not sure you can stop that. alot of apps have ads built in. alot of them though have an 'ad-free' version, which you have to pay for, obviously (usually not much though)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm not sure you can stop that. alot of apps have ads built in. alot of them though have an 'ad-free' version, which you have to pay for, obviously (usually not much though)

I am 90% sure there is an Adverts blocker app in the Market but not sure which of them is the best one. Anybody have any advice on them?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

madmoe wrote: »
    I am 90% sure there is an Adverts blocker app in the Market but not sure which of them is the best one. Anybody have any advice on them?

Cheers,
    M

AdFree is very good. Only works on rooted phones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Slunk wrote: »

Airpush detector will show you what apps are causing the ads so you can uninstall them.

If you want to keep the apps but block the ads get airpush blocker, think its called that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

bandit197 wrote: »
    AdFree is very good. Only works on rooted phones though.

+1

Works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Cheers,
    M

If you like the app then why not pay for the non ad version and support the developer instead of cutting off their revenue?

draffodx wrote: »

Cheers,
    M

If you like the app then why not pay for the non ad version and support the developer instead of cutting off their revenue?
    I'm sure they make more money from advertising rather than the sale of the app.

Lads does anyone know how to remove the swiftkey x keyboard after you've finished writing something? It's a pain in the arse if I've written a post as the keyboard is in the way so I can't read what I've just written!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hit the back key on your phone or swipe the keyboard down the way.

• Advertisement

Nice one thanks, hitting back sorts it (kinda obvious now that I think of it!) but swiping doesn't do anything.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nice one thanks, hitting back sorts it (kinda obvious now that I think of it!) but swiping doesn't do anything.

You sure swiping doesn't work. I just tried it on mine and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You sure swiping doesn't work. I just tried it on mine and it worked fine.

And on mine, swipe down and it goes away.

Hmm, actually it does work but it's not very responsive, works about once out of every ten attempts or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Hmm, actually it does work but it's not very responsive, works about once out of every ten attempts or so.

In settings go to advanced, then gestures then lower the sensitivity to about 10%, working much better for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hey, Folks JaxtrSMS sent free texts to any no. whether the recipient had the app installed or not. They have started charging now. 10c(US) to any Irish or UK no. Does anyone know if there's any other app that will do what jaxtr used to? WhatsApp requires the recipient to have it as well. Skebby charges & is half the price of Jaxtr. Is there anything floating around that will send a sms free over phones internet?

Hey, Folks JaxtrSMS sent free texts to any no. whether the recipient had the app installed or not. They have started charging now. 10c(US) to any Irish or UK no. Does anyone know if there's any other app that will do what jaxtr used to? WhatsApp requires the recipient to have it as well. Skebby charges & is half the price of Jaxtr. Is there anything floating around that will send a sms free over phones internet?
    Cabbage

Cabbage

Cabbage only works with your webtexts. And you get charged if you send an international one:(

Cabbage only works with your webtexts. And you get charged if you send an international one:(

Have you tried text plus ?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gogii.textplus&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nb2dpaS50ZXh0cGx1cyJd

• Advertisement

Yea,I've had a look at a pile of them. In most cases the free texts are app to app., no free to any phone, national or international.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement