Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone have the AIB app

any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

What is the best TV guide App that shows UPC digital channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Is there any app available to view premier league goals like ESPN goals ?

setanta own the rights for ireland and there app is for apple only.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Headshot wrote: »
    Anyone have the AIB app

any good?

It's not bad - doesn't work on ICS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

robo wrote: »

It's imaginatively called "TV Guide" but works a treat. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vaudauxruth.tv.ireland&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS52YXVkYXV4cnV0aC50di5pcmVsYW5kIl0.

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I use TV Listings .https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vaudauxruth.tv.ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Ceramic Destroyer is another addictive game. Think they got a few ideas from angry birds.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.game.CeramicDestroyer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭G1032

s_carnage wrote: »
    What's the best Internet browser out there? Always used the stock one but giving Dolphin HD a go at the moment.
    I've always found Dolphin very slow no matter what ROM I've been on. Try Boat browser or Mirren or Opera or Maxthon. But as manual man said, there are loads of them out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

manual_man wrote: »
    Theres so many. I'm actually using one called UC browser now. I love it. I particularly love the way you can swipe the screen left or right to go to back or forward between pages. And its fast. The only thing that lets it down is when you zoom in on pages - its far from smooth. Hopefully they might be able to improve that in the future

I used this for months on an old Nokia E51 Symbian phone. Had forgotten the name until now. Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

irishgeo wrote: »

It exists alright but reviews aren't great. Granted there are only two.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bpl&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5icGwiXQ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's essentially just a browser hardwired to the AIB site. May as well just open it in your browser tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Minstrel27 wrote: »

It exists alright but reviews aren't great. Granted there are only two.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bpl&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5icGwiXQ..
    Jesus 4 euro. The ESPN app is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

It's not bad - doesn't work on ICS though.

Works fine on ICS here, whats not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm really tempted to get it for €4. Didn't know they had released it for Android.
    Also, the ESPN app is region locked and wont work here in Ireland. Only some basic funtions will work here but no videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm really tempted to get it for €4. Didn't know they had released it for Android.
    Also, the ESPN app is region locked and wont work here in Ireland. Only some basic funtions will work here but no videos.

If you do let me know how you find it

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

god's toy wrote: »
    SkyGo now on android!

(No Root or ICS Support yet)

Doesn't work for me. After logging in and picking a show, it just sits on the 0/100 0% screen and does nothing. Not sure why having a rooted phone would be an issue?

Edit: For rights reasons Sky Go is not supported on any Android device that has been rooted.

Boo. Uninstalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Mr E wrote: »
    god's toy wrote: »
    SkyGo now on android!

(No Root or ICS Support yet)

Doesn't work for me. After logging in and picking a show, it just sits on the 0/100 0% screen and does nothing. Not sure why having a rooted phone would be an issue?

Edit: For rights reasons Sky Go is not supported on any Android device that has been rooted.

Boo. Uninstalled.

Surely there will be a workaround

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Installed Sky Go and it works nicely. About time Sky. According to the Sky forums Sky Go will not be compatible with ICS. If this is true then it will be a massive **** up on Sky's behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Installed Sky Go and it works nicely. About time Sky. According to the Sky forums Sky Go will not be compatible with ICS. If this is true then it will be a massive **** up on Sky's behalf

Just going to try it now, I am rooted though so not much hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Boo. Uninstalled.

I don't understand it either, especially when it works with jailbroken ipods and iphones!

I think it's that Sky don't understand what rooting is, and are afraid of it somehow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I can't even get it to sign in. says I need a wifi connection, even though I have one.

EDIT - Not supported on my device!! Grr

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I don't understand it either, especially when it works with jailbroken ipods and iphones!

I think it's that Sky don't understand what rooting is, and are afraid of it somehow :D

Yeah I don't think they fully understand it. You need to be a sky customer and have an account on their website to use the app. Rooting your phone isn't going to change this or affect access (or allow non-sky customers to get access).

Yeah I don't think they fully understand it. You need to be a sky customer and have an account on their website to use the app. Rooting your phone isn't going to change this or affect access (or allow non-sky customers to get access).

I agree!
    It's a simple minded solution to a problem that doesn't exist!

Over at xda, they are trying various things to get it working by changing values in the build.prop file, but we really shouldn't have to go to this length in the first place :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm guessing they're afraid if you have the device rooted you can install some app that'll capture the incoming high quality stream and save it to the memory card or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

JohnK wrote: »
    I'm guessing they're afraid if you have the device rooted you can install some app that'll capture the incoming high quality stream and save it to the memory card or something like that.

You're probably right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Having sky go limited to just 2 devices per household is annoying though. I live in rented house with 5 other people!

JohnK wrote: »

You're not helping my arguement!! :D

I see your point though, but then why allow jailbroken idevices to use it? I'm no iexpert, but surely the same thing could be done here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Doesnt work for me, continually says its not possible to watch content whilst roaming. I am not fupping roaming. Tried Wifi, 3g, different sim. Stupid fupping app!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone notice a difference in the quality of movies on Netflix for Androd Vs. Netflix for iOS apps.....why is this guys?

Cheers,
    M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement