Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** General "points" thread **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

Craguls wrote: »
    I've now begun to panic. Yeay!

Just keep pressing F5. Hopefully it won't be long now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

For the love of God won't somebody please put me out of my misery !

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

ucd science ...385! wtf!
    ive science in nuig as my first choice, was 280 last year i got 370 and felt pretty safe, hope it doesnt go up as much as ucd.
    was going to sleep and all, and thought to check the thread one more time and now cant get to sleep.NERVOUS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

One would assume so... But most rises will pale in comparison to 85 for science:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

wow thanks so much to the times any chance i had of sleep was just killed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

im only here because i wanna see if my friend gets into gmit aswell!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

its like a bunch of 6th years waiting for santa CAO to arrive! sorry..!

Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

I was just about to go to bed... Then I read that article! Might aswell stay up till 6 now!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

sron wrote: »
    Just keep pressing F5. Hopefully it won't be long now.

I here ALT + F4 works too
    .Im a ****in troll lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Seriously, the Times are doing this on purpose.

RELEASE THE POINTS YOU DICKS!

Someone ring them and tell them to get their act together, I don't wanna go downstairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

Blue_Rose wrote: »
    I was just about to go to bed... Then I read that article! Might aswell stay up till 6 now!:)

yeah..im bricking it now :( was really confident too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Davidius wrote: »
    Everybody who put down my first choice is a jerk and I hate them.

You sure done got a lotta thanks boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

This sums up the entire Leaving Cert experience for me. All this build up and pressure and we're either going to get what we want or not.

Come on Irish Times ffs! Get your finger out of your arse and put us out of our misery so this horrible year (bar the sessions, of course) can be finally over and we can go on with our lives.

imagine makin a list of fake points and postin them up somewhere before the real ones are out!!!:rolleyes:

One of the Times' web guys is probably reading this thread with a massive grin on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was so sure I got Human Health and Disease but now I'm worried it'll go up really really high and I wouldnt be able to get it. It's possible if loadsa people who got 580-600 in the LC but didn't get enough HPAT points and put down HH&D as their 2nd choice. *bites nails*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

-has got what he wants-:)

Piste wrote: »
    I was so sure I got Human Health and Disease but now I'm worried it'll go up really really high and I wouldnt be able to get it. It's possible if loadsa people who got 580-600 in the LC but didn't get enough HPAT points and put down HH&D as their 2nd choice. *bites nails*

Whatever happens, I will always love you !!

I need to know my fate here !!!!!!!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Piste wrote: »

Honestly, I'd think it extremely unlikely that you won't get HHAD with your points :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

KeyLimePie wrote: »

well done:)

• Advertisement

someone buy a paper!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

KeyLimePie wrote: »

congrats!!!

everyone else here HATES you right now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
    ME ANGRY!!!!
    ME NOT HAPPY!!!
    ME DISLIKE IRISHTIMES!!!

I'd laugh if the Sun or The Mirror broke the results an hour ago and no-one checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

ho ho ho merry cao! im a poet and i didnt know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Can someone explain this to me, so that I know how it works. Even with the lovely sticky thread, and the reading of the website (www.cao.ie) I don't quite get it.

For example, UCD Arts is now at 360pts., according to the Irish Times.
    Is this 360pts. mark for the first round, as in to recieve a place tomorrow (Monday) you must have at least this (Minimum) or will you get away with the average?

My cousin got 350pts and is hoping for this course. Will he be lucky in the morning?
    I never went through CAO myself, so I don't know.

Can someone explain this to me, so that I know how it works. Even with the lovely sticky thread, and the reading of the website (www.cao.ie) I don't quite get it.

Is this 360pts. mark for the first round, as in to recieve a place tomorrow (Monday) you must have at least this (Minimum) or will you get away with the average?

My cousin got 350pts and is hoping for this course. Will he be lucky in the morning?

It means that the lowest scoring candidate who will receive a place in the course will have 360 points, so your cousin won't be offered a place, unless he gets a second round offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

*is very scared*

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

what time exactly will any indication of points for specific curses be out like between what time?

Pondering whether i should wait a while or have a miserable nights sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

sorry, 360 is the minimum. he is 10 points short:(

Advertisement