Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** General "points" thread **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Nothing on Irish times twitter, the intern that updates it must be gone for a smoke...

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

My guess it'll be around 480 in trinity, UCD going up by 85 is madness. Trinity is my first choice, be interesting to see what the points are, i got 550 so should be grand hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Just to let ye know the CAO website was updated with offers at 3:30 am last year... Take that info with a grain of salt though cause theres no gurantees it will happen this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

is the fact the primary school teaching wasnt mentioned...a good or bad thing???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

UCD Science up 85 points?

ouch :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 killman

lads just wondering is financial and acturial mathematics considered a science subject when they say points for science subject rose!

RandomIrl wrote: »
    is the fact the primary school teaching wasnt mentioned...a good or bad thing???????????

It means nothing, they've just taken a load of stats from the sheet to make an article. Might indicate no significant change though.

killman wrote: »
    lads just wondering is financial and acturial mathematics considered a science subject when they say points for science subject rose!

Would presume it'd be since yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

hmmm, I know I'll be offered real estate in LIT:rolleyes:
    Don't even know why I put it down, I have no intention of ever doing it!!
    I was sure I'd get at least 360 as I got 380 in the pre's - I ended up with 320:rolleyes:

No chance of getting my arts degree(mary I) or even early child hood ed.(mary I):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Oh dear. UCD science went up by 85 points :eek:.
    I'm 15 points short :(. What are the chances I'll get it the second round..? if any...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

I'd say good:)

It was my #1 but I think its safe to say that I will not be offered it!

HUNK wrote: »
    Oh dear. UCD science went up by 85 points :eek:.
    I'm 15 points short :(. What are the chances I'll get it the second round..? if any...

Always chance, stay positive:) cause its such a big course lots of people might not accept.

banjopaul wrote: »
    It means nothing, they've just taken a load of stats from the sheet to make an article. Might indicate no significant change though.
    normally teaching would get a mention though.........fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I would say that's a good thing. Expect little rise, possibly 5 points. The fact that they didn't mention it, probably means the points haven't dropped due to the big news of the education cuts in the system, a drop would be seen as big news I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

i didnt think things could jump up that high! In fairness, you'll probably need the grades for something like science... Not for everyone, you know?

Might be in the indo when it updates:
    http://www.independent.ie/todays-paper

Any idea what time that happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Everybody who put down my first choice is a jerk and I hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

Im going to stay up until 2 and then call it a night if nothing happens by then! I got 525 and only needed 440 so I think Im pretty safe. Although my course only has 15 places!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

UCD Science up 85 points!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Madness! Really shows you just how influencal the economy really is.

Got 430 myself. *Breathes sigh of relief*

Now where is that damn postman???!!!!:mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

Make that 1! Jesus I thought it was later than that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

Davidius wrote: »
    Everybody who put down my first choice is a jerk and I hate them.
    theyre only a shower of c**ts :mad:

80 points is some increase!! wow!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

no mention of trinity ??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I'm not even doing the LC this year and I'm exited to see the points.

UGH!! That's it. I'm going to Bedfordshire!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

Would I be too optimistic in assuming that any courses not mentioned in the Times' article will not have an astronomical rise in points?

sron wrote: »
    Would I be too optimistic in assuming that any courses not mentioned in the Times' article will not have an astronomical rise in points?

im on the optimistic boat too.......great trip hopefully with happy endings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

You could be right they would normally only post the extremes

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

oh god please say to god computer SCIENCE doesn't rise aobve 295 other wise im screwed!!!!!!!!!!if the say all science courses have surged does this include computer science in DIT?and would it really surge by 70 points??????

I am also thinking that computer courses probably would of been mentioned if they were about rise through the roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

sron wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on it. The Times would have been looking for anything that fell in line with the points they wished to put forward. Anything outside of this or where points didn't rise or fall generally may not have made the cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I've now begun to panic. Yeay!

Advertisement