Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** General "points" thread **

Options
  • 16-08-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

as above, on the off chance that i cant sleep , would it be worth my while switching my laptop on to see the points at 4am?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

6 am I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I just had a look there for myself an hour ago, I remember last yaer the points were online before 6am on either the times or the indo website, but there seems to be no option to read the paper online.........but it wouldn't hurt to check if you can't sleep :)

And my shop gets the papers in before 7am, so the papers defently get the points the night before at least

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    I just had a look there for myself an hour ago, I remember last yaer the points were online before 6am on either the times or the indo website, but there seems to be no option to read the paper online.........but it wouldn't hurt to check if you can't sleep :)

And my shop gets the papers in before 7am, so the papers defently get the points the night before at least
    :eek: they do?????????????? now i wish i knew someone who worked in the paper place:p
    if the cao have the offers arriving by post tomorrow, doesnt that mean they were posted on friday? or maybe they have some kind of special post thing:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭rois!

im going out tonight to ****...wouldnt be able to sleep anyway so might as well get wasted.....

leesmom wrote: »
    :eek: they do?????????????? now i wish i knew someone who worked in the paper place:p
    if the cao have the offers arriving by post tomorrow, doesnt that mean they were posted on friday? or maybe they have some kind of special post thing:confused:

Well....................it is teh government:) they can do magic things ! =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I woudl think given the quantity the CAO would drive up to the Mail ctr in athlone and drop them off at the dock.

Would have to be done before 11pm to ensure delivery.

But I'm sure these days the points are known on LC day and the rest of the time is spent checking they are right before release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

In the name of God would you ever get a grip! You're honestly so nervous that you won't be able to sleep tonight?

I've never understood how people can go so over the top about things like this.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get what you want. It's way too trivial to be losing sleep over

JW91 wrote: »
    In the name of God would you ever get a grip! You're honestly so nervous that you won't be able to sleep tonight?

It's not the end of the world if you don't get what you want. It's way too trivial to be losing sleep over

We all know you're not going to college =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Ever hear of the phrase "to each their own?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭rois!

ouch harsh words dude...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Craguls wrote: »
    Ever hear of the phrase "to each their own?"

isn't it 'each to their own' ??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

Irony. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

same difference really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I worked in a newsagents the Summer after the LC, we got our papers delivered at about 5am, as I wanted to know the cutoff points the owner let the three of us interested in and we opened up the bundle and began ringing and texting early! Some petrol stations get them really early, as do airports and trainstations...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    We all know you're not going to college =p

Actually I got 550 points so I wouldn't be so quick with the old assumptions.

With those points I should manage to find some college to accept me

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Well yeah, you are probably ok so (I am too, but that's not the point) with very high points. Most of my friends got exactly the points that were needed last year for their first choice courses, some got 5 or 10 less. They were first choice for a reason (ie they really want to do this or that). I'm not nervous but I can understand very well why they would be. You can say it's not a big deal, but the next 3 or 4 years, and in a roundabout way the next decade or so of their lives will be decided by the points released tomorrow.

EDIT: Congratulations btw, 550 is an amazing result!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I think they're on the ol' Teletext at 4am tonight too guys. So I hear.

Almost certain they're on the Times website at 4 though, yeah.
    Follow the Irish Times on twitter, you'll be tweeted when all the articles are published. Dead handy ;)

I'm really nervous. I just don't know like...
    I know my points are pretty good, but do i have enough for Medicine?
    It's pretty hard as there's not really much of an indication. Yeah.
    C'monnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

The Irish Times' website is normally updated with that day's newspaper anytime between 00:30 and 02:00. It could be worth checking out!

http://www.irishtimes.com/todayspaper/

ok , firstly i have a two year old who wakes up about 10 times a night, that would explain the lack of sleep, not that i am so nervous that i cant sleep.

secondly, if you have nothing to say in regards to the title, please dont say it at all.

i was just asking a simple question not for criticism.

Actually I got 550 points so I wouldn't be so quick with the old assumptions.

With those points I should manage to find some college to accept me

But practically saying the CAO is no big deal is kinda silly though, I stayed up for the whole night before my results and CAO last year cause I really wanted a graphic design course !

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »
    I think they're on the ol' Teletext at 4am tonight too guys. So I hear.

Almost certain they're on the Times website at 4 though, yeah.
    Follow the Irish Times on twitter, you'll be tweeted when all the articles are published. Dead handy ;)

I'm really nervous. I just don't know like...
    I know my points are pretty good, but do i have enough for Medicine?
    It's pretty hard as there's not really much of an indication. Yeah.
    C'monnnnnn
    id imagine the most anxious people tonight are those waiting to see what the points end up being for medicine.
    with most courses you have an idea what the points will end up being.
    seems crazy to see people getting 600 points and not being guaranteed medicine.
    anway good luck to everyone ,hope you all get what you deserve:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

ok , firstly i have a two year old who wakes up about 10 times a night, that would explain the lack of sleep, not that i am so nervous that i cant sleep.

secondly, if you have nothing to say in regards to the title, please dont say it at all.

i was just asking a simple question not for criticism.

Last year i had that view but this year is completly different and i will definatley not be getting much sleep tonight.

illiop wrote: »
    Last year i had that view but this year is completly different and i will definatley not be getting much sleep tonight.
    of course im thinking about it but getting nervous this evening isnt going to change what offer i get, i just really hope i do get the course i want;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

woops I quoted the wrong post! ....ugh i'm too lazy to edit it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

no point in me staying up to check them!
    I got a bit fat 155 less than what my 1st choice was last year, 65 less than my 2nd choice and 15 less my 3rd choice and I don't want to do my 4th choice!

ambyangel wrote: »
    no point in me staying up to check them!
    I got a bit fat 155 less than what my 1st choice was last year, 65 less than my 2nd choice and 15 less my 3rd choice and I don't want to do my 4th choice!
    you never know, you may still get one of your first three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

you never know, you may still get one of your first three

nah,I'd say they will all go up!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

I'm pretty confident!last year it was 230 points and i got 300 roughly so im pretty safe ill be up early to check points/offers!

does anyone know if computer courses are going to rise by a massive amount?or can i breath pretty easy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I thought they were in tomorrows papers? If so, will the Dub's not have them around 11PM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

I thought they were in tomorrows papers? If so, will the Dub's not have them around 11PM?

where do u buy a paper at 11pm?

Advertisement