Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** General "points" thread **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    i have a newspaper in my hand right now!!!

I have one downstairs. But it's not tomorrows..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have to admit something... I'm Geraldine Kennedy and I actually know all the points.
    Have done for a few hours now.

But I'm not tellin ye :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

Need 520 and got 485 (DURRR, dont get me started - getting two rechecked) so I'm a good thirty five points away from my first choice.

Not that it makes much of a difference, English is english, UCD just means an extra bus journey (although their course is new so who knows where the points will be at!)

So yeah, its all up in the air over here. COME ON 6AM

phasers wrote: »
    I have to admit something... I'm Geraldine Kennedy and I actually know all the points.
    Have done for a few hours now.

But I'm not tellin ye :pac:

ALL THESE YEARS AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME??

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

efb wrote: »
    Lads I remember in my day (98) it was aertel at midnight, and mine had the dreaded * after it! Found out the next day i got it! Changed course after two years though!

Anyway good luck to all!

My day would have been 78! But I wasn't even thinking of college - back then, a nice commercial course would get you a reliable job as a typist.

I'm having mixed thoughts on this CAO mallarkey - in one sense, it's exciting, and my heart goes out to everyone. On the other hand, I'm thinking that this procedure is a load of old cobblers - and my heart goes out to everyone.

Best of luck to you all - and to my daughter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

apparently the points have been leaked

in DROGHEDA

Someone obviously tomorrow's Irish Times for a stack of KISS magazine or something

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Someone obviously tomorrow's Irish Times for a stack of KISS magazine or something

I accidentally the whole thing?

Oops XD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mr.S wrote: »
    Irish times should have it up later on at about 3 or 4.

but really theres no point staying up as your offers still going to be there at 6:)

I get my Irish Times Online News Digest email every night between 00:30 - 02:00 so it goes up around that time.

My last one for Saturday arrived 00:42. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

apparently the points have been leaked

in DROGHEDA

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Yeah, I'm going to bed, have to be in work at 6:30 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I know someone who works for the Irish Examiner. We used to get the points the day before from him. We'd find out what courses the people we knew wanted and get him to check the points the day before. Because so many people were doing this, they clamped down on allowing too many people see the points the day before.

In short, I am of no help whatsoever.

But good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

I know I don't have any chance of getting anything but I am still curious to what points they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Janey Mack, peeps - this is truly a cruel system.

Is there no way the E.U. can issue some directive to change this scenario?

It'd be thrilling, if it didn't involve real people - the youth of our dear old Emerald Isle.

Take heart from the tales of people who said their loved-ones eventually got their 10th choices, on the CAO, and went on to have a marvellous time in third-level, and ended up having fulfilling careers.

I dunno - but I suspect that if Dustin was running the country, there would be none of this balderdah.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

i know i wont get the points for my 1st choice (corporate law)but thats been known for quiet a while! so i'm 65 points over for 2nd choice, arts in nuig!:rolleyes:

Can we start a thread for what things would be like if Dustin WAS running the country?

That sounds like entertainment to me

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Think it'll be here when it gets updated:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/todayspaper/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Todays paper is up.

CAO points for science courses rise after surge in demand

Now to find the result sheet . . .

UCD science up 85!

UCD Arts Up 10!

At UCD, the points for science have increased to 385, up 85 points on last year. This is the first time in over a decade that points for UCD science have exceeded those for UCD arts, which now requires 360 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Some stuff mentioned in it:
    At UCD, the points for science have increased to 385, up 85 points on last year. This is the first time in over a decade that points for UCD science have exceeded those for UCD arts, which now requires 360 points.
    At the University of Limerick, architecture is down by 30 points to 460. Civil engineering is down 60 points at UCD to 410 points.
    Degree courses in law – once thought immune from annual CAO trends – also see a fall-off in points. At UCD, law is down 30 points to 470.
    UCD arts, the largest undergraduate course in the State with more than 1,100 places, is up by 10 points to 360. At NUI Maynooth, arts is up 20 points to 375.
    Nursing is up by 50 points to 390 at Dundalk IT, by 35 points to 390 at UCD, and by 35 points to 435 at UCC.
    Where's the full list?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

banjopaul wrote: »
    Where's the full list?!

This is what i get for staying up just a feckin teaser hopefully computer courses don't surge like the science ones did :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

why don't they just put up the full list!?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

****. dit computer science come on, let my 300 points see me through.

and now we wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Wow! Ucd science went up to 385! It was 300 last year! I hope tcd doesnt go up that much my friend really wants that course! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

UCD Science 385 (+85)
    UCD Arts 360 (+10)
    UCD Civil Engineering 410 (-60)
    UCD Law 470 (-30)
    UCD Nursing 390 (+35)

UL Architecture 460 (-30)

DIT Construction Management 305 (-55)

NUIM Arts 375 (+20)

DkIT Nursing 390 (+50)

UCC Nursing 435 (+35)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0817/1224252681093.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

ambyangel wrote: »
    why don't they just put up the full list!?:rolleyes:
    they are just teasing people for their own amusement!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Oh damn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Wow! Ucd science went up to 385! It was 300 last year! I hope tcd science doesnt go up that much my friend really wants that course! :(

Advertisement