Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Scribblenauts looks good but GH5 and F3? Ugh, and i was beginning to think you had good taste :P

(Only reason i'm hating on F3 is because all the 12 year old 360 fanboys be saying that F3 is gonna be better than GT5... ye...)

Ok now I can understand your hate with GH5 as Rock band is of higher qaulity only I'm not all big into the beatles.

But Forza no way! 2 was all sorts of greatness! I didnt reallythink prologue was all that...

My taste is exelant btw... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Prologue was exactly what it said on the tin! Aka "Glorified Demo" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Prologue was exactly what it said on the tin! Aka "Glorified Demo" :P

Well Ill get both anyhow. :)

Anywho back on topic... Batman is a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Wow that was a pretty good demo :). Actions did seem easy to pull off but hopefully there will be tougher enemies to deal with in the full game and it seems so, given how the demo ends... Inverted takedown while hanging from a gargoyle was just awesome :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good fun. Looks great too. I may pick this up in a few months after the price comes down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

decent demo :) loved the arkham asylum comic book, so had high hopes for the game! hope the fighting style doesnt become repetitive....................meh it looks so damn cool so who cares :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Inverted takedown while hanging from a gargoyle was just awesome .
    I thought that was excellent. The first inverted takedown I did, he just dropped the guy to the ground. The second, he left him hanging from a wire. Can't wait for this to come out.

Does any body know how many trophies you can find in the demo? I got two, but there's a ventilation shaft in the lab before you takout Zsasz thats too high up and I couldn't figure out how to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I found two but I saw the one before zas and there's another vent on the left of the exit to the last roomin the demo.

There is also a room a wall that can be blown up but I couldnt do it :(

Did you notice that if you can snap the ropes with a batarang?, then the Goon's go mad looking for you.

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is another riddler trophy in the first room you where you learn how to fight (look for a vent).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think since there is the wall in the room with Zsasz that can be blown open that ya will be doubling back through these areas in the future with extra abilities and equipment, maybe you come out of some of the vents ya cant reach from a different part of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tlev

This demo was awesome...cant wait for the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Must give this a download later.. is it a big demo?

basquille wrote: »
    Must give this a download later.. is it a big demo?

It's about 1460mb.
    Took mine about half an hour to download, so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Decent demo, gives a nice taster but the combat is hopefully a bit deeper than what was on offer, some ninja gaiden style combos would be nice as opposed to a 2 button assasin's creed snooze-fest.

The visuals are amazing as is the voice acting. Long time fan of TAS so having Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reprise their roles really makes the game that much better.

I just hope the full game is not as simplistic as the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Demo was amazing, but does anyone know what the Riddler trophies are for

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

Game looks good.....

my question is why are there gargoyle inside the building? shouldnt they only be outside

I love the detective view .....make you feel like the Predator

Very nice look at some of the gadget's you get to use in the new trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

When is this out?is it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tomorrow in the US, here on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Played it last night also, at first I thought the camera was feckin ****e, but it seemed to only be an issue when in smal rooms, it would get up close as it should, but to close and then you couldnt see anything, but ya. It's looking to be a great game, I got in on that hut pre-order and snagged it for 28euro. I do have one nagging question....wtf cant batman JUMP, grapple sure, glide sure, but why no jump.

C|F

Where did you get it for €28 Euro...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

padair wrote: »
    Where did you get it for €28 Euro...?

He said he got it from the Hut, so probably here:

http://www.thehut.com/hut/thehut/games/inspiration/batman-arkham-asylum.list

Seems to be around €39 for the PS3 version now, still if the game is as good as the demo/reviews seem to indicate, that's a very good price still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

got the £22 deal from the hut, they sent email yesterday saying it had been dispatched :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kef

Doubt anyone knows any shops that have broken the street date.....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Keith C wrote: »
    got the £22 deal from the hut, they sent email yesterday saying it had been dispatched :)

how did u get it so cheap? its says 35 pounds atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

How many more times is this going to be delayed :(

PC version release has now been put back to the 18th of September for Europe.

New trailer ! If you pause at 1:42 you get to see
    scarecrow! Ign had picks of him but i think this is the first time you see him in game

If you havent read any of the reviews and your trying to stay away from plot points etc, dont bother watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Zavvi.co.uk just email saying they've sent out my copy. I'll hopefully have it by start of next week. Came to €39.86 so I probably saved €10 from buying in Smyths or Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Same as myself, I love zavvi and the hut :)

BTW you can download the Joker's challenge maps from the US psn store for free right now.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

CombatCow wrote: »
    Same as myself, I love zavvi and the hut :)

BTW you can download the Joker's challenge maps from the US psn store for free right now.

CC

DLC is region locked though ain't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ohhhh yeah, good point :o

CC

Advertisement