Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

cabrwab wrote: »
    Can't wait to play this through!

Enjoy, your in for a treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Ill comment in 3 months time!!! :D

After i eventually have enough time to play it through built up!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

cabrwab wrote: »
    Ill comment in 3 months time!!! :D

After i eventually have enough time to play it through built up!

You cud do it in a day easily

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Just cleared this now.

I thought everthing was amazing and great until
    Bloody Titan Joker! who in the name of god came up with that, ruined the story!
    God I was really crapping myself playing the Killer Croc part, I'm so glad I didn't have to fight him proper!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Finished this now. Enjoyable enough I guess, but very, very repetitive. How many vents can you crawl through, I mean really? Boss battles are pretty similar too. Will be trading it soon, I suppose I had hoped for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Although I didn't find it repetitive, the vents were tedious. It wasn't so much crawling around in them, but pressing the X button started to hurt after a while. Far too much button button bashing for such a simple task

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OK.. so think I'm finally nearing the end of it now.

I actually do quite love this game.. the only thing is it's all a bit easy (I'm playing it on normal BTW).. there's one or two rooms where you've to beat 6 - 8 armed henchmen but that's about as difficult as it gets (so far anyways).

Don't think I'm far from the end.. stopped playing last night at
    Poison Ivy as the boss - I've her pretty much beat but played her once or twice and was killed when she had a sliver of energy left so should be another 1 - 2 attempts max.

I haven't really been trying challenge rooms or riddles.. might go back to them, might not!

All-in-all, a very enjoyable game and the first game in a long time I'm happy to have paid the full RRP for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Finished it yesterday and after a lot of headscratching I got all the riddles last nite
    Except for the last Amadeus Arkham thingy. Not sure where get that.
    Going to attack the challenge mode and once I have got that sorted I'll go back and play the game in hard mode and hopefully get my first ever platinum trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Finished it yesterday and after a lot of headscratching I got all the riddles last nite
    Except for the last Amadeus Arkham thingy. Not sure where get that.
    Going to attack the challenge mode and once I have got that sorted I'll go back and play the game in hard mode and hopefully get my first ever platinum trophy.
    Penitentary.Go to the last room with clayface where you left the warden.Go into the cell in the middle of the room the warden was in.Look at the floor and theres a circle with "batman" scratched in it.Use your detective vision on this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Have to say, I was a bit late on the bandwagon but I'm now officially hooked. I love the fact that they went back to classic Batman (Hamill and all!) with an original story, rather than trying to make a tie-in to the Nolan universe. There's nothing more fun than resting on a gargoyle and picking guys off one by one :)

In turn the game has made me go on a bit of a Batman splurge...in the last two days I've watched Batman Begins, TDK and the quite outstanding Mask of the Phantasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just finished it, awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭mmafan81

Late starter on batman,i had my reservations before but i got it two days ago and must say i'm loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭crxsi

great game. bosss were far too easy though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Damn this game to hell..

I came into work this morning and was immediately scoping out air vents, and high perch points where I could glide kick my colleagues from..

Oh you know who you are.. *glide kick!*..

So addictive, finished it, now going back through it again to complete the mysteries and riddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

There's another free DLC pack for Arkham Asylum coming today on the PS Store. Another two challenge rooms I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't really play the challenge packs, i just end up getting frustrated.

Yeah they can be really frustrating at times. I'm so close to 100% though it's killing me, I think I'm at 96% or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Polar101

I've played the demo and really liked it. So I was wondering, how many hours of gameplay (roughly) does the full game offer? 5/10/20/40 etc?

Polar101 wrote: »
    I've played the demo and really liked it. So I was wondering, how many hours of gameplay (roughly) does the full game offer? 5/10/20/40 etc?

I didn't count how many hours it took me to get through it, but it's not a short game and it has a lot of replayability. It's well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Not sure if I should have started another thread or not.

I started playing this tonight and so far have been quite impressed. It reminds me a little of ACII in terms of the combat.

I'm a bit confused about the Riddlers puzzles. It says there is 240 (I think) of them but I've not seen any yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I started playing this tonight and so far have been quite impressed. It reminds me a little of ACII in terms of the combat.

I'm a bit confused about the Riddlers puzzles. It says there is 240 (I think) of them but I've not seen any yet.

wouldnt be riddles if they were easy to find now would they ;) they're all over the place though, some of them are very clever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I think there's only 1 or two at the start of the game. It'll come to you eventually, best not spoil it here! Also it kicks the schnitzel out of AC2's combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I recently start playing this again aswell to try and get 100%.

Some of the riddles are very clever. There's plenty of guides out there if you get stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

This was game of the year for me last year, lots of replay going for the riddles and collectables and normally I hate that stuff but they really encourage you to explore and look about the island which is an amazing environment. was very sad to reach the end of it.

I'm trying to beat this on Hard but I've spent about 2 hours trying to beat Bane and I can't do it. Does anyone know if I drop the difficulty level lower will it have an effect on Trophies?

I'm trying to beat this on Hard but I've spent about 2 hours trying to beat Bane and I can't do it. Does anyone know if I drop the difficulty level lower will it have an effect on Trophies?

I'm pretty sure it does. It does in any other game I've seen difficulty related trophies/achievements anyway. I was in the same situation with Batman myself. Managed to get through it eventually and it's actually as hard as the game ever gets on hard I think because later on you have more abilities etc to get out o trouble.

Think I'll have to give up on this game. There doesn't seem to be an option to drop to a lower difficulty level during a game. Doesn't look like I'll beat Bane any time soon either.

Edit:

Some how I just got lucky a minute ago and beat him :-)

Think I'll have to give up on this game. There doesn't seem to be an option to drop to a lower difficulty level during a game. Doesn't look like I'll beat Bane any time soon either.

I went through the same thing with him, took me over an hour to beat him, but once you do it's much easier from there on out. Takes a bit of time and is frustrating, but it's doable. Takes a lot of swearing at TV to get through it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Edit:

Some how I just got lucky a minute ago and beat him :-)

Good one,

I was going to post this for you to follow , to see how he did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm just trying to get the riddles now and will be starting on hard after.

Advertisement