Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Stick with it Basquille, It's worth it. If your getting killed alot just take your time! The inverted take down isent silent but you can use it to draw people over to the area you want em at. Also you can use take downs through the glass on top of the house type thingy in the middle or even under the floor. Loads of ways to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers lads.

I wasn't aware the Inverted Takedown was an upgrade.. I just picked the first one or two upgrades when I was prompted.

That'll teach me to not pay attention..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

basquille wrote: »
    Cheers lads.

I wasn't aware the Inverted Takedown was an upgrade.. I just picked the first one or two upgrades when I was prompted.

That'll teach me to not pay attention..!

A thing I just learned now is that you can use the Explosive Gel on a bit of glass you are standing on, and detonate it at no harm to yourself. It allows a man to drop through the ceiling and strike terror into the hearts of criminal scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also, hanging from a ledge, if the guard walks over you can do a takedown there too. Although you're pretty visible to others then if you're hanging from a ledge.

Haven't tried the glas one yet. Will come in handy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

You can also do takedowns from corner cover (you're prompted to enter corner cover at suitable spots when crouched near them) too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

For anybody that uses playstation home, you can now have a batcave "Featuring the BATMOBILE, BATWING, and tons of other nice features.."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/08/31/batman-ps3-exclusive-batman-arkham-asylum/

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Also, hanging from a ledge, if the guard walks over you can do a takedown there too. Although you're pretty visible to others then if you're hanging from a ledge.

Haven't tried the glas one yet. Will come in handy though.

I've also pulled walls down on people, but that's a bit riskier, and you need to beef up the batthingy for it. It's good hearing other people shout 'THAT COULD HAVE KILLED ME!' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Explosive gel traps FTW!!!!!! Hang a guy upside down and and spray gel under him,the others will hear him scream and KABOOM.

RAIN wrote: »
    Explosive gel traps FTW!!!!!! Hang a guy upside down and and spray gel under him,the others will hear him scream and KABOOM.

YES, what a tactic, I'm gonna use that one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Finally thought I had found all trophies and solved all the riddles but cannot for the life of me get 100%.

Simple fact is because I have to find those chatter teeth. I need 3 in the medical building, 4 in the intensive treatment and 3 in the mansion.

I've searched every single square inch of those places but can't find them.

Anybody have any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Finally thought I had found all trophies and solved all the riddles but cannot for the life of me get 100%.

Simple fact is because I have to find those chatter teeth. I need 3 in the medical building, 4 in the intensive treatment and 3 in the mansion.

Anybody have any ideas?

Don't they show up on the riddlers maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Amazing game, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

aaronh007 wrote: »

Anybody have any ideas?
    Id say the mansion ones you missed are the same that drove me mental for ages last night.Theres a second floor in the wardens office and theyre at the back of the filing cabinets.
    Dunno bout the others

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

where's the 'got my slim' thread .. gloat. nice monochrome black mirror platinum.. who said it was brushed aluminium?! darker, quieter, this game goes disc in drive w/ it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished the game last night
    Thought Titan Joker was fairly easy to be honest. Found it harder beating the two small titans and normal goons before it. Was disappointed we didn't get a proper Killer Croc fight. But overall, great game. Really impressed

But overall, great game. Really impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Need a bit of help
    When ivy takes over the place, how do you get back into the mansion? (tree in front of door)

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Need a bit of help
    When ivy takes over the place, how do you get back into the mansion? (tree in front of door)

Cheers :D
    Vent above the alcove :)

Hmmmm not sure about the tags.Ah well
    SPOILER TAGS FOR ALL
    :pac:

u like your spoilers.. lucky i have the power of resistance...

slick as it is, i think this game shows up more than most that these games need to be made in 1080p already

won't happen til PS4 though will it.

only 4% complete :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

finished it last night, loved most of it.

hated
    the joker boss battle. when i finished it i said out loud "is that it?". really out of keeping with the rest of the game. the boss battles in general in the game where annoying. also enemy AI was a bit crap.

best bit of the game?
    without a doubt the third scarecrow nightmare. i thought my ps3 had broken initially!brilliant. and as you walk slowly down and the corridor becomes the alley where bruce's parents were killed. and then all of a sudden you're controlling young bruce wayne. it was absolutely brilliant, and one of the best moments i've ever had in gaming. i wish to god there was a mission select so i could play through it again

very enjoyable on the whole though. dunno would I play through it again, might trade it in while the going's good.

looking forward to the inevitable sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Roar wrote: »
    finished it last night, loved most of it.

hated
    the joker boss battle. when i finished it i said out loud "is that it?". really out of keeping with the rest of the game. the boss battles in general in the game where annoying. also enemy AI was a bit crap.

best bit of the game?
    without a doubt the third scarecrow nightmare. i thought my ps3 had broken initially!brilliant. and as you walk slowly down and the corridor becomes the alley where bruce's parents were killed. and then all of a sudden you're controlling young bruce wayne. it was absolutely brilliant, and one of the best moments i've ever had in gaming. i wish to god there was a mission select so i could play through it again

Agree totally about the best bit. Pure quality. I was up in arms initially thinking my PS3 had finally kicked the bucket, but a wave of relief when it started up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Finished it there,is it just me or was it very very short?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

jackncoke wrote: »
    Finished it there,is it just me or was it very very short?

yeah i thought that too. as much as i loved it i don't think i'd play through it again. thinking of trading this and ghostbusters in for Madden 10

nothing's worth playing through the campaign again. i feel i have barely even sat down to play it yet, yet i'm at 11%.

may well be short

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I played it through again on hard and it was a really quick playthrough. Have since platinumed it and I can't really justify holding onto it, so will no doubt trade it in

is platinum within grasp here? ..

MAY play through again.. gutted i couldn't get what appeared an easy platinum on FN4 due to WC title glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Very much so. I don't normally go out to platinum anything, but Batman is very doable

only realized recently trophies can be a sort-of game within the game to justify the price a little more

potential for interesting secrets too like the Amsel guards trophy on COD5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Enjoyable enough so far but a bit repetitive - I havn't crawled through as many vents since Syphon Filter 2.

TelePaul wrote: »
    I havn't crawled through as many vents since Syphon Filter 2.

u said it

.. christ what a jammy 2-1. but then a remarkable acheivement w/ NO central midfield :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Picked it up this evening.....
    After infamous.
    Got to play it for 30 mins seems good, not sure about the camera angle but some good games this year.

This is up there graphics are amazing i think, they shudder a little in the cut scenes.
    So far the voice acting has being amazing.
    Can't wait to play this through!

Advertisement