Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Combat is quite easy but it should be like that your Batman :D

I'm about 35% in now - it does get more challenging though in hand to hand combat you always feel powerful. You're Batman after all :). However, later on
    you use more stealth to take down larger groups of enemies
    and that is more satisfying IMO - you really end up feeling like Batman, terrorizing the thugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Worth buying or possibly just renting for the week?

jackncoke wrote: »
    Worth buying or possibly just renting for the week?

Hmm, hard to tell - I think a week is more than enough to complete the story mode (in fact, 2-3 days should be enough, if you can get a good session in each day) and find most of the hidden items/solve the riddles.

It's a great game though and I'll probably go through the Challenge Rooms a few times over so I'm glad I bought it - but you could get through most of it in a week IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How much is it in hmv?

J-blk wrote: »
    Hmm, hard to tell - I think a week is more than enough to complete the story mode (in fact, 2-3 days should be enough, if you can get a good session in each day) and find most of the hidden items/solve the riddles.

It's a great game though and I'll probably go through the Challenge Rooms a few times over so I'm glad I bought it - but you could get through most of it in a week IMO.

Sounds like a plan,thank god for shift work and this horrible weather :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

FYI

this is €45 in HMV. Excellent price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just got it at xtravision, got a free copy of batman the animated series too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

is this game good??
    any replay value?

is this game good??

Have you read any of the posts here? It's awesome! :)
    any replay value?

Not too much IMO - once done with the story, I'll probably try to get a decent score in the Challenge Rooms but other than that, I'm not too sure I'd be compelled to play the story mode again, even though it is very, very good.

Still though, it's a great game and by far the best Batman game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

got a good 3 hours play time last night was really enjoyable, the voice acting is spot on,combat is great fun, can see my self working at getting up the leader board when i unlock a few more challenge rooms,altogether a refreshing buy after a more than dissapointing summer release lineup,well worth the money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

J-blk wrote: »
    Have you read any of the posts here? It's awesome! :)

Not too much IMO - once done with the story, I'll probably try to get a decent score in the Challenge Rooms but other than that, I'm not too sure I'd be compelled to play the story mode again, even though it is very, very good.

Still though, it's a great game and by far the best Batman game ever.

nope didnt read the posts haha:D

cool!i may just buy it so!!

cool!i may just buy it so!!

Though I think it'll only take the average player less than a week to complete the main story, it's just so good that it deserves a buy rather than a rental.

I'm about 55% in myself at this point and will probably complete it today or tomorrow but it was totally worth getting :). Damn the need for sleep (otherwise I'd be up all night playing it)! :D

HMV is looking the cheapest so?
    Im still debating whether or not to buy this or just rent it for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I bought the special edition,the game is fantastic,all the other stuff is not,the Batarang is wooden and the game doesn't even have a proper box also no bonus bluray disc. I am now hoping Eidos does a free roaming Batman game similar to GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Wow this game is all sorts of great.!!

Its so much fun just taking the enemies out one by one an look at them get more and more nervous until they start taking pot-shots up at the rafters. Until theres just one goon left and you finish him off with a swift kick to the head.

I love this game!

Best superhero game ever In my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

really enjoying it so far. very atmospheric and makes me feel like i'm part of the batman universe.

very impressed with the
    scarecrow nightmare in the morgue at the start. completely unexpected and I really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

has anybody figured out the riddler puzzle in the office,its the one with the question mark on the window it just keeps saying solution not aligned what do i have to aligne it with.its in the intensive care section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

weiland79 wrote: »
    has anybody figured out the riddler puzzle in the office,its the one with the question mark on the window it just keeps saying solution not aligned what do i have to aligne it with.its in the intensive care section.

You have to
    line up the dot of the questsion mark with the question mark on the window. The dots on the wall north east of the window I think, so jsut move the right stick until it looks like a question mark. There's a few puzzles like that.

Took me ages to figure out those ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Am i the only person not bothering with the riddles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I love the Riddles!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Henrik_is_God

Finished it today ........didnt bother with most of the riddles though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yeah I finished it today too, but I'm going back through it to find all the trophies and riddles. It's miles easier to do it when you have the secrets maps

• Registered Users Posts: 43,823 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have had no time to play it all weekend..

Maybe it's because I'm coming down with a cold or lack of sleep, but sat down about 11.30 and I played absolute muck. Got killed 4 - 5 times in the area where you'll to kill a few henchmen silently in a room.

Just got a bit peeved and switched it off for the night. Tomorrow night maybe!

EDIT: By the way.. I played the demo on the 360, when you were up on a gargoyle on that, you had the option to hang from it. That's not on the PS3, is it? I never got given the option. (not to mention no 'Inverted Takedown')

Oh.. and I'm finding the killing of hencemen silenty pisses me off.. maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I'm using the gargoyles and then kick glide one but as soon as I hit the ground (don't even get a chance to do a 'Ground Takedown', the other henchmen hear me and come along shooting. Frustrating to say the least or am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

basquille wrote: »
    Have had no time to play it all weekend..
    EDIT: By the way.. I played the demo on the 360, when you were up on a gargoyle on that, you had the option to hang from it. That's not on the PS3, is it? I never got given the option. (not to mention no 'Inverted Takedown')

it's an upgrade

I got it as the first upgrade - it's very useful for those sections where you need to take down a whole group silently. Though do switch to detective mode and look around for grates, vents, etc - the gargoyles aren't the only way to clear a room undetected :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Oh.. and I'm finding the killing of hencemen silenty pisses me off.. maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I'm using the gargoyles and then kick glide one but as soon as I hit the ground (don't even get a chance to do a 'Ground Takedown', the other henchmen hear me and come along shooting. Frustrating to say the least or am I doing something wrong?

The Glide kick isn't silent, guards will hear you if you do it.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    So outside of the crouch and silent takedown, I'm sh*t outta luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

NotorietyH wrote: »

Yeah. Try knock them down with a batarang first, then glide over, ground takedown, and quickly go back up to the gargoyles. Or hit one with a batarag, then when the others are distracted, silently takedown one of the other ones

Yeah. Try knock them down with a batarang first, then glide over, ground takedown, and quickly go back up to the gargoyles. Or hit one with a batarag, then when the others are distracted, silently takedown one of the other ones
    Yeah.. watched a walkthrough of the demo and someone used that technique alright.

Will give that a go this evening - got 8 hours of work to get through first! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah.. watched a walkthrough of the demo and someone used that technique alright.

Will give that a go this evening - got 8 hours of work to get through first! :)

I was useless at it at first. But once you get the hang of it, and upgrade to get the inverted takedown, it becomes a lot easier. It really adds atmosphere to the game too. Swooping down, knocking someone out, then disappearing. The other guards slowly grow more scared the longer it goes on.

Can't wait to play it again this evening

Advertisement