Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Okay, Hard cleared. (what an absolute joy to play through again, I think its the only ps3 game i played through twice!)

2 combat challenges stand between me and the platinum.

Shock & Awe extreme and Rumble in the Jungle extreme.

Trying rumble in the jungle 1st. Keep getting 45000 to 47000. Can't get the 50 even though I know I can, driving me mad!!

YEEESSSSSSS

Platinum is mine!

That was the most rewarding trophy ever. Really can't see how Arkham City will top this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

sheehy83 wrote: »
    YEEESSSSSSS

Platinum is mine!

That was the most rewarding trophy ever. Really can't see how Arkham City will top this game.

+1 best plat ever because you wouldn't truly feel like Batman unless you get the platinum

I never want to see another challenge room for the rest of my life!! or until arkam city comes out anyway. now what to play!

Combat challenges were frustrating especially when you missed out by 100 points or your combo broke for no reason but the predator challenges were awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TheTosh wrote: »
    Combat challenges were frustrating especially when you missed out by 100 points or your combo broke for no reason but the predator challenges were awesome

At least for most people, after you finished the challenges you'll be starting the game on hard (unless you've done so already) and another run through this great game is delightful bonus.

Varik wrote: »
    At least for most people, after you finished the challenges you'll be starting the game on hard (unless you've done so already) and another run through this great game is delightful bonus.

absolutely flew through the game on hard, only annoying bit was crocs lair and creeping around took ages but even then it wasn't so bad. Playing through on Hard actually helped my fighting skills in the challenge room.

Such a class game, I tried watching The Dark Knight today and turned it off 30 mins in thinking both Batman and Joker don't come anywhere near their counter parts in arkham asylum. Made me just wish I was playing AA again!

I tried watching The Dark Knight today and turned it off 30 mins in thinking both Batman and Joker don't come anywhere near their counter parts in arkham asylum. Made me just wish I was playing AA again!

Watched Batman: Under the Red Hood a while ago and as soon as the joker spoke i knew it wasn't Mark Hamill, i do like the coke addict joker that Heath Ledger did but i still prefer the sadistic and whimsical Hamill joker, the laugh is unapproachable by any other actor. I would have had a harder time dealing with Harley if Arleen Sorkin hadn't done the voice.

I'm glad both are going to be in the next game and in the D.C online game as well.

Agreed, Hamil is the ultimate Joker. Pity Arkham City will be his last performance!! Hope they send him out with a BANG!!

I got Under the Red Hood today and Batman: Gotham Knight. Was it any good?

Agreed, Hamil is the ultimate Joker. Pity Arkham City will be his last performance!! Hope they send him out with a BANG!!

I got Under the Red Hood today and Batman: Gotham Knight. Was it any good?

He's comments are kind of odd, he said he wanted to make the great game of AA his last but who knew it was going to be any good in the first place, i'm sure he didn't know.

Under the Red Hood was a bit condensed but i liked it, the jokers voice is not bad but it just ok and Nightwing was good and he's played by Neil Patrick Harris. Gotham Knight is ok i saw it a good while ago and it's worth seeing but not that special.

• Advertisement

NPH FTW!! Mad for a batman fix, even re-read The Killing Joke again
    I always thought Batman kills Joker in that last caption but I read today that he doesn't, they are both just laughing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Got AA again last night. Doing a hard play through, the amount of Detail you miss the first time you play through is unbelievable. Heard a phone call where the Joker tells a woman that he has the head of her security guard husband on his desk :) awesome.

RAIN wrote: »
    Got AA again last night. Doing a hard play through, the amount of Detail you miss the first time you play through is unbelievable. Heard a phone call where the Joker tells a woman that he has the head of her security guard husband on his desk :) awesome.

I heard that the second time i played when i was paying attention and looking for teeth at the start.

One of my favourite bits in the game was when you are in a predator challenge or the story the says to Batman over the intercom ''I want you to hurt thes guys(henchmen) Bats.'' Imagine being one of the henchmen and hear your boss say that, you'd be like ''ah man''

Joker has so many great lines and the delivery from Hamill is absolutely perfect. One of my faves is - (loose quote) "Didn't I tell you? While you were fighting i've had your whole family murdered...only joking" The delivery is just classic!

I like the way goons talk back as well "Will he ever shut up? blah blah blah, kill the bat, we get it!"

Or when you're in a predator challenge and only 2 guys left and he says ''Now there's only 2 of you's, I bet you're wondering whose next I know I am!.''

TheTosh wrote: »
    Or when you're in a predator challenge and only 2 guys left and he says ''Now there's only 2 of you's, I bet you're wondering whose next I know I am!.''

The one i got the most in the combat challenges was
    Joker wrote:
    He's just one man! One man dressed like a lunatic and armed to the teeth. [laughs]

the very sinister
    Joker wrote:
    Play you like a violin then cut your strings

And some of my favourites
    Joker wrote:
    Hey Hey Hey kids! it's your friendly Uncle J. Whoever kills the Batman wins the grand prize: A night out with Harley. I may even tell her, but why bother! It will be a nice surprise for her.
    Joker wrote:
    I set a trap... And you sprang glooooriously!
    Oracle wrote:
    The police found one of Joker's 'bombs' in the city... It was full of marzipan and kittens.
    Joker wrote:
    its just you and the bat, but don't worry, you might win, i mean its statistically unlikely, but you never know!

Unfortunately even some of the brilliant lines will grate your nerves after restarting shock and awe extreme for the 30th time!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time.

Hamill is amazing as the Joker

"Dr Bat, paging Dr Bat, is there a Dr Bat in the room?"

• Advertisement

"I want everyone to know that I really appreciate all the hard work. You know, watching you guys is like a night in, watching my favorite movie. What was the name of that movie again? Oh, yes. Attack of the stupid bungling idiots who can't find an bigger idiot running around dressed like a bat! Now get to it!"

I'm really enjoying this game, It's one of those games that has a great learning curve and keeps things fresh with new stuff even when you're backtracking through areas you've already been in. I can tell there will be loads more to find on a second play through with more equipment.

There are a few niggles with it, the scarecrow levels are a bit out of place with the flow of the game, and the control scheme can get SERIOUSLY annoying when you're trying to be quick and stealthy, especially in some of the predator challenges, like there are too many options for the buttons you've got. Several times I've been shot to bits because batman did something random instead of taking out a henchman when I wanted him to.

Overall though, if they sort that out, number 2 should be a must buy. I hope the joker as voiced by luke skywalker makes it in again, he's superb in it.

I'm really enjoying this game, It's one of those games that has a great learning curve and keeps things fresh with new stuff even when you're backtracking through areas you've already been in. I can tell there will be loads more to find on a second play through with more equipment.

There are a few niggles with it, the scarecrow levels are a bit out of place with the flow of the game, and the control scheme can get SERIOUSLY annoying when you're trying to be quick and stealthy, especially in some of the predator challenges, like there are too many options for the buttons you've got. Several times I've been shot to bits because batman did something random instead of taking out a henchman when I wanted him to.

Overall though, if they sort that out, number 2 should be a must buy. I hope the joker as voiced by luke skywalker makes it in again, he's superb in it.

Great to see this thread alive again. Yes, it is a brilliant game! Mark Hamill will be returning to voice the Joker but it will be his last time. He definitely was the best Joker in the Batman universe, can't wait for Arkham City!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

May get back to this, i agree with everything you said.

Bat-m-an-Arkham-As-yl-um
    ----M----arkHam
    ill

Coincidence, yeah probably.....

Great to see this thread alive again. Yes, it is a brilliant game! Mark Hamill will be returning to voice the Joker but it will be his last time. He definitely was the best Joker in the Batman universe, can't wait for Arkham City!!

He's doing the DC online game as well and so is Arleen Sorkin(Harley)

He's doing the DC online game as well and so is Arleen Sorkin(Harley)

I'd love to play DC Online but no way am I paying monthly to play a game!

I'd love to play DC Online but no way am I paying monthly to play a game!

Never paid a sub for a game but if i do it'll be this or Old Republic.

Never paid a sub for a game but if i do it'll be this or Old Republic.

Last I heard, Old Republic was getting slated!

Anyone else hear you won't get to control the batmobile in Arkham City. Fine by me as driving bits in Batman games are usually tacked on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

The voice acting in the game was a high point made me go get the cartoons from the 90s they were brilliant. As most of the cast were to be from that.

It was the Batman game id being waiting years for, its excellent, I still throw it on everyone and then to try play the challenges great fun.

• Advertisement

cabrwab wrote: »
    It was the Batman game id being waiting years for, its excellent, I still throw it on everyone and then to try play the challenges great fun.

I just discovered the free DLC stealth challenges last night. Sweet. That's a whole lot of value for a game I got online for €13.

Advertisement