Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Duffy 10 miler - call your time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

paulusdu wrote: »
    I'm with you on that garlad, i'll be happy to finish due to the lack of training thanks to a football injury. But weather should be ok, windy but no real rain, and there should be a fair bit of shelter on the course.
    Hopefully i can pull in around 1:50

have fun tomorrow lads, thats the main thing.

Same here. Only run I've done is the Great Ireland one a few months back. Did it in 55 mins.

I'm more concerned with finishing it than gettnig any time.

Can't wait for it - enjoy dudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 clonsillarunner

I was in Galway last Saturday. It was a nice run in perfect conditions. Managed 35 04 without killing myself. Looking forward to tomorrow. Will hopefully go round in sub 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Putting my race number in my bad as we speak. No. 3484. Off to bed soon as i have to get a 5.35am train from Limerick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

garlad wrote: »
    I'm with you Peanuthead. Only started running this year. Did the Great Run in an hour, Docklands and 5 mile both around 45.
    Been struggling with shin splints/ankle injury for last month, so havent got the training in I was hoping for. Aiming for 1hr40, and will be really happy to finish.
    Gotta start somewhere, right !?

Exactly!! My aim is to take part in the Dublin marathon next year, do the 5 and 10 this year, and do them all next!

See how it goes... I'm going to be wrecked tomorrow evening, I just know it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Best of luck to everyone. Even if the weather isnt the best, there should be a great buzz around the course. Looking forward to the post race chat on the forum. Hopefully, it will be all good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

enjoy the race tomorrow folks.
    first time running 10miles.
    spent the past 3 weeks getting back into the running with a view to doing the Dublin Marathon after a 5 week layoff with the dreaded plantar faciitis.
    Food is holding up pretty well at the moment.
    Ran 8 miles very comfortably last Sat in 1h.20m so gonna push for 1h30m tomorrow but would be happy anywhere below 1h45m

then if the foot doesn't fall off it's on to the half mara and possibly the big one!

must. avoid. urge. to. get. beer. from. fridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

. Bit nervous now .

Best of luck to everyone. Hopefully see some of you at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

gmurran wrote: »
    . Bit nervous now .

Best of luck to everyone. Hopefully see some of you at the finish.

+1

best of luck everyone, looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Hi All,

First post on the boards!! Mac Millan says 87 mins but I have my doubts. hopefully 90 all going well. Hate the rain - throws me out completely having to put on contacts etc!!

Good Luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

i've had the same dilemma with the shoes, nike marathoner or lunaracers. mission controls is going with lunaracers, since they are newer and still all shiny. haven't really felt in the groove this week, and the easy session and couple 150m strides on thursday seems to have left me in worse condition. first time i've called a time on here, but here goes - sub 55 min is the target tomorrow.

good luck to everyone tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I place no faith in McMillan. It has me down for 62 tomorrow and 3:01 marathon. There's no chance of that.
    I'm thinking 66 and 3:20.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,501 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I place no faith in McMillan. It has me down for 62 tomorrow and 3:01 marathon. There's no chance of that.
    I'm thinking 66 and 3:20.
    What time did you plug in? I wish it told me I was good for a 62!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Best of luck tomorrow to everyone running.

My mistake. It said 64 and 3:01. That was based on last week's 30:36 8K in Galway. 64 tomorrow is improbable. It would exceed expectations....especially as I have a beer in my hand right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Good luck everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,501 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

My mistake. It said 64 and 3:01. That was based on last week's 30:36 8K in Galway. 64 tomorrow is improbable. It would exceed expectations....especially as I have a beer in my hand right now.
    Damn, I have no beer left. No more carb-loading for me. I'm heading to the airport straight after the race, for a sun holiday... Wait, this is the ART off-topic thread, right?

Good luck tomorrow, everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

ct_roy wrote: »

must. avoid. urge. to. get. beer. from. fridge :)

Avoid??? I've had four pints of German Weissbeir already tonight. My secret to loading with Carbs and relaxing before the race.

There's been many a night before a marathon when I drink the wheaty beers to keep me going :cool:

To make me run faster, I pour another cold pint and leave it on the table. The longer it takes me, the warmer it gets, and I hate warm beer, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

Aimman wrote: »
    Avoid??? I've had four pints of German Weissbeir already tonight. My secret to loading with Carbs and relaxing before the race.

There's been many a night before a marathon when I drink the wheaty beers to keep me going :cool:

To make me run faster, I pour another cold pint and leave it on the table. The longer it takes me, the warmer it gets, and I hate warm beer, haha.

ahh so what you're saying is that an aul weissbier will actually assist with the carb loading process - he he - think I have a HB Oktoberfest special in the fridge - it might just get drunk now!

I'm getting on grand with my corona. I'm sure 2 or 3 bottles can't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Nothing like early morning noodles!Looks like some of the less dedicated might be giving it a miss after looking out the window,may just be cleared by racetime though : http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp .Best of luck to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

hawkwing wrote: »
    Nothing like early morning noodles!Looks like some of the less dedicated might be giving it a miss after looking out the window,may just be cleared by racetime though : http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp .Best of luck to all
    Good more room for the rest of us:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

A bit of rain never hurt anymore. Sure we're not made of sugar. I'll be wearing a lovely black rubbish bag until we get going, tis all the rage this year!

The cheapest 2 hour wet t-shirt competition in town :P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

****ing vile weather... urge to stay in bed rising...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

****ing vile weather... urge to stay in bed rising...

Get up out of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Hmmmm. Why did i start back running...?
    Looking at them earlier posts make we think i should have had a few beers too last night..
    Ah well, it could be worse - could be running a cross country race in hailstones in the middle of nowhere...
    Feck it...may as well give it a lash!
    Best of luck people..

Oh I really don't want to do it now in this weather .... I'm really susceptible to bad sore throats and colds... any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

You can't catch a cold from being cold, grab a black plastic bag, pop a hole in it and get down the start with the othre 6,000 life affirming souls.

Good luck all.

Thanks from the encouragement, I won't be cold though, just worried about being soaking wet and exposed to the wind for the best part of 2 hours!!

Okay I'm ready, signing out and heading off...

good luck all

• Advertisement

peanuthead wrote: »
    Oh I really don't want to do it now in this weather .... I'm really susceptible to bad sore throats and colds... any advice??

If i had a choice between this yrs Cork marathon weather (20c+) or the 2008 Bupa (5-6c with Hailstones) or today (16c,wet but little wind) i would be delighted with todays!!:)

Advertisement