Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Duffy 10 miler - call your time

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Race numbers should have been sent out for today/tomorrow. Got mine in the post today, 3250:D and the timing chip looks somehow different to the last one? maybe its just the housing around it that threw me off (you'll see when you get yours too):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

aero2k wrote: »
    +1

I dont think if you done 64.16 it would be close to 3 hours. I reckon its closer to 61.30. Only my opinion.
    I ran 62.32 in nmarch and 3.04 in april.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

gerard65 wrote: »
    I'll be happy with a sub 80min.
    Number came in the post today, same number as the 5miler, must be the same number if you enter the full series.
    The way the chip is attached seems a bit flimmsy. Their usually in a plastic bag. Hope it does'nt fall off:(

If you register for all three races together they give you the same number. Unlucky number 13 for me if it ehhh arrives this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

tunguska wrote: »
    Anybody know if they are going to split the race into predicted time sections?
    There was some talk of it on these boards but no real confirmation, anybody hear anything?

There will be 4 time zones at the start so you should enter the appropriate one that suits your predicted time. For the 10 mile race, there will be one start on the gun ( no wave starts ).

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

still no number for me?

should i be worried?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I haven't got mine yet either. There's still over a week to go, I wouldn't be worried *yet*.

I haven't got mine yet either. There's still over a week to go, I wouldn't be worried *yet*.

famous last words??!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Got my race number in the post today :):)

8ofSpades wrote: »
    still no number for me?

should i be worried?

No, if there is a problem with your address or something they won't post it out and will keep it at the help desk near the baggage area for you. If you don't receive by thursday just give the organisers a ring and they'll sort a number for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I haven't received mine yet either, just so ya know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

anyone know if there still taking late entries for this in lifestyle

No, the race is completely sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

As far as i know there are no more places left..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Woddle wrote: »
    anyone know if there still taking late entries for this in lifestyle
    :eek:OOPS, has someone forgotten to enter?

gerard65 wrote: »
    :eek:OOPS, has someone forgotten to enter?

:D
    No not me, a friend of mine, I registered long ago.
    Thanks for the replies

Woddle wrote: »
    No not me, a friend of mine, I registered long ago.
    Thanks for the replies

Oh yeah, the old "a friend of mine" story.

Seriously though, who's gonna take the photos?

Seriously though, who's gonna take the photos?
    Havn't a clue as I know stupid private is racing it to

Hmmmmm maybe I'll construct some sort of apparatus, similar to a carrot and stick, except instead of the carrot will be a camera facing me snapping automagically every 10 minutes or that. Might take in some of the other runners aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 "V"

I did 43' for the 5 mile so i hope to go under 1'30 and to finish really is my aim.
    Does anybody have any tips for training this week as this is first 10mile and only my second ever race. I was thinking of doing just a few 3/4 mile runs as i done a 9 mile run there on Wednesday and a 5 mile today so the distance should be ok. Any tips gratefully received.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Hi all,
    based on the info Jim Aughney sent out in the email last week I assume the following is a fairly accurate course map???

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3083478

• Advertisement

Finally got my number in the post this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Hi all,
    based on the info Jim Aughney sent out in the email last week I assume the following is a fairly accurate course map???

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3083478

Not a far off it, the start is actually on Chesterfield Avenue... Check out the official course map here, the only change is that lap 1 and lap 2 have been swapped, so down Chesterfield on the first lap and Kyber on the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

xebec wrote: »
    Not a far off it, the start is actually on Chesterfield Avenue... Check out the official course map here, the only change is that lap 1 and lap 2 have been swapped, so down Chesterfield on the first lap and Kyber on the 2nd.

Yeah, but if you keep the start and finish in the same place you are covering well over 10 miles.
    Was unsure where the start position is as I want to run it today or tomorrow to suss out the mile points for splits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

No, the race is completely sold out.

LOL, makes it sound like a U2 concert. Next thing you'll know, you can buy race numbers on the black market for €100 :cool:

The only thing I'm dreading is getting to the top of the Upper Glen road the first time and knowing that I'll be back later to tackle those hills again. If anyone can borrow a few thousand tonnes of dirt and a JCB to bring all that section up to the same height as the chesterfield road. I'll be grateful. Sure, I'll even show up with a rake to help level it off. :D

Aimman wrote: »
    LOL, makes it sound like a U2 concert.
    Tbh I'd rather go run 10 miles than look at Bono's ugly mug for 2 hours! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

I didn't do the "five" and in previous years I have used Castleknock College to park. Where is everyone else parking for this?

BTW my number arrived this morning so really looing forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eoinymc

<MOD EDIT>

This race is sold out and the organisers do not allow race number transfers. Swaps are also against the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Numbers aren't transferrable I'm afraid.

Were you charged for it? I assume you tried to enter online? If you've got proof you paid etc they might be able to do something for you.

• Advertisement

Finally got my number in the post this morning.

still haven't got mine
    am i alone?

Advertisement