Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Duffy 10 miler - call your time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Finished it. Haven't checked my chip time yet, my own watch said 1:45. Didn't really enjoy it. I had a dodgy tum last night and if it was a regular lsr this morning instead of the race, I wouldn't have done it. Still, as OH said, if I can get around the course feeling as bad as I did, that's a good thing right?!
    edit: just checked my chip time - 1:44:56

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

66:47 for me. Happy enough with that. 20 or so seconds faster than last year. Good to have met a lot of you (some for the first time). The boards singlets are handy for spotting each other. We gotta get more people into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

75:40 chip time. Started way too fast with the first two miles in under 7 mins. Struggled on the second lap with the 9th mile very tough. Happy enough with the time but would have been nice to go under 75mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

figs wrote: »
    Results of Frank Duffy 10 up already... must be a record!

http://dublinmarathon.ie/results.php

Today's race restored my faith in the Adiddas series. A better course than last year but still most of the hills. Starting pens worked very well and in the main people kept to their standard. Results up at 1:15 pm - excellent! Goody bag was better. The finish area worked well. Plenty of water on the course.

All in all the organisers have made noticeable improvements and this added to the enjoyment of it. Well done!

Suggested further improvements -

Move the route for all the Addidas races to the north side of the park. Its much flatter and as far as I am aware only blocks one entrance to the park. The half goes up there (North Road) at the start. Its a four mile circuit. Add in the Ordance Survey and Furze Roads I am sure a course could be construed.

Sack the person who choose the pink colouring for thr tee shirt. Ugh!

I am sure that there are other suggestions that people have so lets hear them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Well done krankykitty thats fantastic. Bet you're chuffed. Did you finish ahead of the pears? I saw them on my way out of the park they were at about 8.5 miles then.

Thanks, yeah am delighted but beginning to feel sore now! Finished a bit before the pears, I could see them coming down Chesterfield as i was walking back out. Fair play to them, I don't know how they managed it in the suits.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

geld wrote: »
    Today's race restored my faith in the Adiddas series. A better course than last year but still most of the hills. Starting pens worked very well and in the main people kept to their standard. Results up at 1:15 pm - excellent! Goody bag was better. The finish area worked well. Plenty of water on the course.

All in all the organisers have made noticeable improvements and this added to the enjoyment of it. Well done!

Suggested further improvements -

Move the route for all the Addidas races to the north side of the park. Its much flatter and as far as I am aware only blocks one entrance to the park. The half goes up there (North Road) at the start. Its a four mile circuit. Add in the Ordance Survey and Furze Roads I am sure a course could be construed.

Sack the person who choose the pink colouring for thr tee shirt. Ugh!

I am sure that there are other suggestions that people have so lets hear them!

I like the hills to be honest, they've never caused me as much of a problem before as they have this year. They make the course nice and challenging ant the Marathon takes in one of them doesn't it? Which is probably why they have it in the series aswell.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Chip time 1:37.44. HUGE negative split - went through 5 miles in over 51 minutes :eek:

Delighted with result, even though I'd only planned on treating it as a training run with a t-shirt at the end I still ended up going for it after 5 miles because my knee was behaving itself. Passed an absolutely ridiculous number of people in the last 3 miles too. Next time I do a 10-miler I'll be shooting for 1:30, assuming I'm not injured!

My major complaint for today? Water. Bottles please, cups are really, really ****ing annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Got home in 71.14, disappointed with the time. Went through first 5 in a shade over 34mins and second half took 37. Really struggled on the hills second time round, legs felt really heavy.

It was a well organised race, the starting pens were a good idea and it was as congested as it normally is at the start. Finish area ran very smoothly, not sure if I will be wearing the tee shirt to often. Just finished my spar lunchbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I like the hills to be honest, they've never caused me as much of a problem before as they have this year. They make the course nice and challenging ant the Marathon takes in one of them doesn't it? Which is probably why they have it in the series aswell.

Yea the hills on the back of the park are good....didn't bother me too much today at all...they really aren't that long....

The DM route for the past few years has had the park near the start of the route, so you don't do any uphills in the park as such... they save that for when you just leave the park, cross the liffey and head up to sarsfield road :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Chip time 1:37.44. HUGE negative split - went through 5 miles in over 51 minutes :eek:
    Its still a good time, and well done you:)
    My major complaint for today? Water. Bottles please, cups are really, really ****ing annoying.
    +10000000000

First cup of water: half of it on my face not in my mouth

Second cup of water: same as above

Third cup of water: same as above with a slight twist...this time it nearly washed a contact lens from my eye:mad:

Congratulations to all by the way, hope you all ran a good race:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Racoon, in the marathon the race goes down the Lower Glen Road - not up:D as in the 10, and the half.

I really enjoy the IMRA races but for some reason I hate hills in my road races:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

wow - chip times up already - that was quick!
    i was hoping for sub 1h40m (first time doing 10miles) but somehow managed to come home in 1h22m! - nearly 20 mins faster than what i was aiming for!

felt really good at the end too - think I could have ran the half mara today with no issue.

really went for it the last 3 miles so feeling a bit tired and stiff now!

any good tips for post race recovery?

apart from lots of water now and lots of beer later :)

thought the race was very well organised today - I'm used to hills a LOT worse from my training so they didn't bother me.

Looking forward to the half marathon now!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Finished in just over 1:41 today, very happy, enjoyed it but it was tough! I thought it was much better organised than the 5 miler, really really well done to all involved and all who finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Finished in 59:45 - 30 seconds slower than last year, but given that I couldn't walk on my right leg on Wednesday, it's not too bad. The only problem is that I now can't walk on my right leg again, which isn't ideal 5 weeks out from the Berlin marathon....

Well done to everyone who took part - huge numbers again and I thought the organisation went well this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jenfer

what a well organised race, starting pens worked really well as did collecting goodie bags at the end. Fair play to the organisers! would agree though that water in cups are a pain. And the sun shone eventually!:cool:

Chip time of 1.29 am delighted, as I didnt think I would manage sub 1.30 and mc millan had me down for 1.32. Found mile 8+9 tough going but have done a reasonable amount of training on hills which did help me a bit.Looking forward to the half now.

Fair play to all those going for beers now - am only fit for the bed!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Forgot to say, well done to everyone ! Those are some very impressive times ye all got and it's something for me to aim for in the future. Was funny getting lapped by the fast people at 38 mins or so :-)

geld wrote: »
    Racoon, in the marathon the race goes down the Lower Glen Road - not up:D as in the 10, and the half.

I really enjoy the IMRA races but for some reason I hate hills in my road races:confused:.

Yeah, I thought about it for a while and couldn't remember at all what way the DCM goes through the park, all I remember is the mucky/smelly part at the back of the Zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

i agree that the organisation was a lot better today, but the kitchen ,may be overrun with spar lunch boxes by the time i finish this series. thought the wind on the two hills was a killer, but the rain slower was a blessing in disguise. did 25 seconds quicker than mac millian, and was dead happy with 5th. the lunaracers got blooded but i forget to vasaline up, so i'm walking oddly now. i thought the support from other runners as we passed the final couple of miles was really good. roll on the 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

again I can echo the comments about the organisation being way better than the 5 mile. I did a pb of 1.16 so delighted with that :) didn't have an easy run either

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Well organized race. Finished in 181st place in 66:15 (i think). Heading to the bar in the airport, for beer #2. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zeptar

Hey my first proper race. Really enjoyed it. Surprised at how much energy you get just from running with other people! Was hoping to do it in under 100mins but did it in 88mins(chip time) or 91(finish time). Delighted!! Just wondering which is my proper time? I would assume (and hope!!:D) it's the chip time... am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Official stats as follows for Race number 2950:):

Overall place: 856

Place in category (MS) 433

Chip Time: 01:17:27

Overall Time: 01:18:10

People on here may have noticed me as the guy in white adidas gear playing loud, heavy metal (motivation music) through my headphones:pac:
    Great running. I would have been aiming for something similar had i not gone on holidays for 2 weeks recently. I'l be back for the half though.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Did 1h18 not a pb but pretty close. Was happy cos I just went at a pace that felt nice, after going to hard for the first two miles.:)

At mile eight I saw a guy on the ground being helped, either a faint or a heart attack. Anyone hear was he ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

emerald007 wrote: »
    i agree that the organisation was a lot better today, but the kitchen ,may be overrun with spar lunch boxes by the time i finish this series. thought the wind on the two hills was a killer, but the rain slower was a blessing in disguise. did 25 seconds quicker than mac millian, and was dead happy with 5th. the lunaracers got blooded but i forget to vasaline up, so i'm walking oddly now. i thought the support from other runners as we passed the final couple of miles was really good. roll on the 1/2.

Well done there super running

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Daithi BC wrote: »
    Finished in 59:45 - 30 seconds slower than last year, but given that I couldn't walk on my right leg on Wednesday, it's not too bad. The only problem is that I now can't walk on my right leg again, which isn't ideal 5 weeks out from the Berlin marathon....

Well done to everyone who took part - huge numbers again and I thought the organisation went well this time.

Well done Daithi, you mustve been just behind me. I have to do a little public hat eating here because my predicted time was 57mins but I came home in 59:20.
    Not disappointed though because it was a tough course. I mean look at the times from last year(winner josef boit: 49:20) and compare to this year(winner josef boit: 51:40!!!). Theres something up there, over 2minutes of a difference. Plus Maria mc cambidge came home in 1:00 and she did a 58:16 last year. Theres no way josef boit and maria have taken that much of dip in form. So Id say it was definitely tougher than last year.

Well done to everybody. It really was well organised so thanks to the organisers, had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Did it in 69min44sec :) Very happy. Good flow, nicely organised. not too keen on the chhese sandwich but love the spar lunchbox!!

No.3484

Got to 5 miles aroun 37ish. really want to thank the guy from mile 8 on in the blue. paced off him and come 9 mile i went all out for it to mak the 110 mark

oh and some good mexican waving there guys and gals

Oryx wrote: »
    Did 1h18 not a pb but pretty close. Was happy cos I just went at a pace that felt nice, after going to hard for the first two miles.:)

At mile eight I saw a guy on the ground being helped, either a faint or a heart attack. Anyone hear was he ok?

Was being put in an ambulance as I passed. Looked in a bad way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

1h25m08s was me, delighted with that timw, could have gone faster aswell, but really happy to hit below 1h30mins

Well done to everyone, had a few conversations along the way so if you were one of them(i was wearing a black liverpool top) thanks for talking back :) it looks odd when i talk to myself

Heres my run if anyone is interested

http://bit.ly/1awFYT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Oryx wrote: »

Deffo wasn't a heart attack, the guy was too young and there's no way the St John's guys woulda left him in the position I saw him in if it was. Looked like a fainting/exhaustion. At least he was running with someone - girl with "I'm so sad" on the back of her red shirt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

xebec wrote: »
    Deffo wasn't a heart attack, the guy was too young and there's no way the St John's guys woulda left him in the position I saw him in if it was. Looked like a fainting/exhaustion. At least he was running with someone - girl with "I'm so sad" on the back of her red shirt...

he was flat on the ground with his face down on the ground when i passed, i thought they were strapping or massaging his knee??

hope he is ok

Advertisement