Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****UFC 100 all Spoilers go here****

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

As much as I like Akiyama, Belcher was robbed! What the hell happened? 30-27? I guess leg kicks don't count for much in some referees eyes.

Watching Bisping get KTFO was one of the most satisfying moments I've ever had as an MMA fan, especially on the follow up punch when Henderson actually floated through the air and landed on Bisping's face with his fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Valmont wrote: »
    As much as I like Akiyama, Belcher was robbed! What the hell happened? 30-27?

dont think he was robbed but really cant see how one judge gave it 30-27

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

I remebering seeing this and thinking Dan was pretty vicious:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8tx-dwRFo

but at least he's consistent I don't think it was a personal thing with Bisping.

almost exactly the same..this is what the man does

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

paulieeye wrote: »
    dont think he was robbed but really cant see how one judge gave it 30-27

Well that judge was a woman and it was Sexyama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

rovert wrote: »
    UFC 100 Payroll

Mir needs Bisping's agent. :eek:

That has to be a misprint ? :confused:
    Have to laugh at all the haters of fighters, slagging off Mir and Bisping for their attitudes and hype pre fight.

What do you expect them to say, " I don't have a chance" -it's testament to them to have that bravado and self belief.

Credit to anyone who gets in the Octagon. What worries me is that if Lesnar is the template for future champs, ie incredibly strong and wrestling skills, are we going back in time to ground and pound?

And will there be a rubber fight between Mir and Lesnar - or will i change my user name : )
    suppose i have to agree, i still don't like bisping though!!

anyway, do you really, hand on heart, think there's any point of another fight between them?? i don't!!

Was there much need for a Lidell/Couture "rubber fight" ?
    I'd say if Mir wins his next fight and looks good then they'll have another go.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    That has to be a misprint ? :confused:

It is only fighters base pay Mir's PPV bonus will put him over a million easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I still think it was bad sportsmanship on Hendersons side not to check Bisping once 2 c if he was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

UFC 100 Payroll

Mir needs Bisping's agent. :eek:

Was just looking through that earlier , frank mir got 45k that has to be wrong i thought. But then did some digging.

Frank Mir: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus) def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $250,000
    Frank Mir: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Brock Lesnar: $250,000
    Frank Mir: $66,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Antoni Hardonk $8000
    Brandon Vera ($40,000) def. Frank Mir ($30,000)

Now i know why Brock got 400k for the fight win or lose but man, Mir really does need to fire his agent looking as bispings payouts :D

Edit seeing as we are in a counting mood Brock has nearly $2mil from 4 fights lol

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

i was thought bjj was a great leveller for smaller guys against big lads, but Lesnar might make me change my mind and I'll pack up the Gracie t shirts and hit the weights instead.

Thought you already did that years ago bish? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well that judge was a woman and it was Sexyama

I've noticed that there's been a few judges' scores that I haven't agreed with lately that were scored by a woman. I don't know if it's the same woman, but I take notice of it when a female name is read out because it's rare. I'll have to pay attention to see if it's all women judges who I disagree with :pac:

Frank Mir would have signed his current contract a long time ago, before the first Brock fight. Think of how he ranked in the company back then, maybe before his win against Hardonk. You can see how $45,000 is perfectly justifiable. But as said already, he earned a hell of a lot more through bonuses for his recent fights

EDIT: Oh, and Dave Meltzer's bad grammar, the man writes an insane amount of stuff every week, if he had to stick to perfect grammar he'd never get it done! It adds to his charm :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i'm new to UFC and the world of mma but **** me what a show that was put on for UFC 100. Brilliant i will be watching more i feel the early stages of gettin sucked in on 1 hand i love it on the other i've a lot to catch up on.

Either way excellent show i hope to see more like this

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

calex71 wrote: »
    Edit seeing as we are in a counting mood Brock has nearly $2mil from 4 fights lol

He has far more than that from 4 fights, i'd say its at least 6million with PPV money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

hunter164 wrote: »
    Mod edit- Hunter164 banned for a month

Seriously, in a forum used by fighters and moderated by at least one fighter - thats a totally fvcked up & retarded thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Bisping's pre-fight carry on far from demonstrates his "Bravado and confidence" it's just annoying and I'll always relish that knock-out as the "he had it coming" one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Just got to see the prelims last night. Coleman looked very fit and basically smothered Bonnar to claim the win, im delighted for the old guy. Three fighters went to sleep from Guilotines, two with arm in and one with arm out. It was that sort of a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Last of Danas blogs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKRH3HxpU9w&feature=channel

You can see Stefan Bonnar looks well upset with the loss. You would have to wonder how long he has left before he gets cut.Pity for the man who set the UFC on their way.

Advertisement