Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****UFC 100 all Spoilers go here****

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Anyone have a link to the post match press conference?

edit: it's ok, I found it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBEs130CjYI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

royler is at ring side too. i wonder if eddie bravo will try get a photo with him

Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

in fairness to lesnar he did apologise in his press conference
    He came off very well in his post-fight interview too. So maybe it was just pure adrenaline and a huge desire to get revenge followed by extreme ectasy at pulling it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Good to see Lesnar in the post fight conference apologising, as was said he came across very well just hope the next time he win's or loses he shakes his opponents hand and shows class. I think it's a must after the fight for this sport. To the WWE fans talking about heels and stuff, that **** stops right after the bell in MMA, or it should anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Did Bonnar win?

Lost a lot of respect for Hendo after he smashed Bisping on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Did Bonnar win?

Lost a lot of respect for Hendo after he smashed Bisping on the floor.

No, he lost a unamimous decision to Coleman (I wonder how many accumulators he wrecked?).
    All the results are on the UFC site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

The replay is on tonight @ 8pm on Setanta.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/

Lesnar's act afterwards reminded me of how Mike Tyson would be after a fight. The press conference is worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Actually found a bar in laganas that was showing it. there from 5 in the morn till 8. Lotta the english weren't too impressed when bisping got KO'd. All were sayin it was a lucky shot.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm surprised that Brock is getting so much more abuse from people for being disrespectful than Henderson is for saying that he hit Bisping with that second punch when he knew he was out. Although in a way I guess I shouldn't be surprised

I had Belcher winning, it cost me winning around 120 :pac: Although I love Akiyama so it's not all bad

GSP's fight was like a Couture fight, where you're just willing him to get the takedown

For the people asking who's next for Brock, it'll either be the winner of Couture vs Nogueira next month or the winner of Carwin vs Velasquez in October, I think. I suppose it'll be whichever winner looks more impressive

And the inevitable Mir rematch if they both win their next two/three fights will be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I lost a lot of respect for Henderson after that fight too, i wanted him to knock Bisping out but that second punch was out of line and he didn't once even check on him when he was flat out cold for 2 minutes. Took the gloss off a cracking performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I dont think Henderson deserves abuse for keeping going till the referee stopped it. (those are the instructions to fighters) To be honest there is a lot of poor positioning by referees in the UFC and in the right position the referee could have dived in to stop the second punch. Henderson is in fight mode and isnt going to risk a recovery or a sham like Matt Brown vs Pete Sell happening,nor risk a recovery and a Matt Hamill sham decision scenario, he fired off one more punch, job done, stopped as soon as the referee stepped in, didnt have to be restrained in anyway etc etc
    At the back of it there has to be some genuine dislike for Bisping running his mouth. You reap what you sow and this was never going to go any other way, they are different class fighters, Bisping is one of the weakest TUF winners IMO. A mouth with not a lot of class behind it, a little less active of a mouth this morning I would say. I dont think he will be gunning for Anderson any time soon.

GSP is the epitome of professional fighter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Lesnars post fight celebration was hilarious!

GSP class as always..

Hendo is maybe too honest for his own good, plenty of fighters give their opponent 1 extra for good measure. Its heat of the moment stuff.. Joe shouldnt have even asked him the question..

Coleman is an inspiration!

Overall f*cking great card that totally lived up to expectations. Interesting that Dana said that the fedor v lenar fight will defo happen in d press conference too.

Brock will be Fedors greatest test if he gets by barnett.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I thought all the prelim fights were going to be available for free on the UFC site, but you have to pay for them. I really want to see that Coleman fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jesus christ what a brilliant card!

Akiyama vs Belcher was a great fight, i must say i was suprised to see Akiyama get the win on points.

Bisping dug his own grave really, i wanted him to win but knew he wouldnt after the 1st round. He was asking for Hendo's right, and he got it, big style. You could hear him talking to the doc: "What happened?" - You got knocked out. "Did I?... ****, what round?". The replays of that 2nd shot sent shivvers down my spine, so nasty.

GSP was immaculate.

I lol'd at Lesnars interview with Joe Rogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hendo has more in the tank than I gave him credit for. After the first few minutes you could see that shot was coming. The shot to the jaw was on the money, the canvas made sure and the second shot from Hendo just for good measure. I was worried for Bisping, that was nasty.

GSP - wow he just dominated the guy. His takedowns are unbelievable and even closed the fight out with an injury in the 4-5. He's gotta move up, nothing left for him at welter.

I fell asleep for the HW fight, by the sounds of things Frank was dominated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Davei141 wrote: »
    Good to see Lesnar in the post fight conference apologising, as was said he came across very well just hope the next time he win's or loses he shakes his opponents hand and shows class. I think it's a must after the fight for this sport. To the WWE fans talking about heels and stuff, that **** stops right after the bell in MMA, or it should anyway.

Tell that to the "mark" fans booing :p
    I dont think Henderson deserves abuse for keeping going till the referee stopped it. (those are the instructions to fighters)

Agreed but Dan let himself down by not showing concern/respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

T-K-O wrote: »
    GSP - wow he just dominated the guy. His takedowns are unbelievable and even closed the fight out with an injury in the 4-5. He's gotta move up, nothing left for him at welter.

You could hear the reaction of the crowd when Joe Roegan suggested GSP vs Anderson Silva. That would be some fight!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You could hear the reaction of the crowd when Joe Roegan suggested GSP vs Anderson Silva. That would be some fight!

It's the only fight for GSP. I've always like BJ for having the balls to test him self at the heavier weights now its up to GSP to do the same.

He can stay a welter and beat everyone up but the fans will tire of that, just like fans are bored with Silva at middle weight.

I couldn't believe how dominating GSP was in that fight, I suppose credit to Alves, he never looked discouraged and gave it his all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bisping was his personal Douchebag. The end was great I loved it and your being naive if you think Bisping didn't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Agreed but Dan let himself down by not showing concern/respect.

Bisping was awake pretty quick, it wasnt like Belfort v Lindland in Affliction, so no immediate need for concern, doctors were dealing with it. As for respect, not too sure Bisping gave Dan any. Karma sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

T-K-O wrote: »
    It's the only fight for GSP. I've always like BJ for having the balls to test him self at the heavier weights now its up to GSP to do the same.

He can stay a welter and beat everyone up but the fans will tire of that, just like fans are bored with Silva at middle weight.

I couldn't believe how dominating GSP was in that fight, I suppose credit to Alves, he never looked discouraged and gave it his all.

Agreed.

GSP v Anderson should happen on either the new years show or the superbowl weeknd one. This would give both the fighter a rest and GSP time to prepare himself for 185.

Bisping was in way over his head. He was never that good and is being used as a marketing tool. The guy used to really get on my nerves, I kinda warmed to him watching TUF.

I thought his Hendo would decision him and easily. A prime Hendo KO's him.

Hendo rolls back the clock and produced a great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Hendo did nothing wrong. It'a a fight for christs sake, not chess. Lesnar is a complete c*nt.

Kazooie wrote: »
    Lesnar is a complete c*nt.

Nah he just plays one on TV

Kazooie wrote: »
    Hendo did nothing wrong. It'a a fight for christs sake, not chess. Lesnar is a complete c*nt.

So talking a bit of trash makes you a cúnt, but punching a clearly unconscious man full force and then bragging about it is fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

So talking a bit of trash makes you a cúnt, but punching a clearly unconscious man full force and then bragging about it is fine?

Maybe Hendo was playing up to the crowd?...his second punch would have been instinctive but in an attempt to please the crowd he said what he said.

Playing up to the crowd is one thing, but he did the same in the press conference too.

Playing up to the crowd is one thing, but he did the same in the press conference too.

Listened to that and facepalmed

rovert wrote: »
    Listened to that and facepalmed

I'm sure the New York State Athletic Commission are rushing to legalise MMA as we speak :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I thought all the prelim fights were going to be available for free on the UFC site, but you have to pay for them. I really want to see that Coleman fight.

I think the deal was that the Americans who bought the show on UFC.com get to see the prelims afterwards. It wasn't part of the deal with our free viewing of the show on the website

Advertisement