Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Tour '10 - Ireland !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Now it's a long shot, but 1 headliner of Sonisphere UK, Maiden, have just announced a Dublin gig day before Sonisphere.

What ya reckon the chances of the other headliner doin the same :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

We have 2 hopes.

nohope_hires.jpg

and

Bob_Hope.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

im dissapointed in rammstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I was under the impression that Rammstein had been banned from performing in Ireland because of some concerns about their equipment

Some have also said that Till Lindemann plans to retire at 50 - he's currently 47

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

seen them in birmingham... im happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I think the annoying thing is the fact they mentioned on their website about planning a concert in Ireland.

I went to see them in Birmingham too and at Sonisphere Spain, when they finished playing in Spain I was watching the crew disassembling the stage. They looked like doozers on the stage there was that many of them and it took 1-2 hrs to complete the job.

I thought they may do an outdoor gig here this summer with the closeness to Sonisphere UK so maybe the insurance cost was the factor in them not playing here.

I see they have added dates for Latin America and I would say the states are after that. I knew Till was planning to retire so hopefully they will do one more round of gigs in Europe before he does. In fairness with his presence on stage he looks like he could go on for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Saw them at Sonisphere on Saturday, will never see as good a live band in my life again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nea wrote: »
    I think the annoying thing is the fact they mentioned on their website about planning a concert in Ireland.

I went to see them in Birmingham too and at Sonisphere Spain, when they finished playing in Spain I was watching the crew disassembling the stage. They looked like doozers on the stage there was that many of them and it took 1-2 hrs to complete the job.

I thought they may do an outdoor gig here this summer with the closeness to Sonisphere UK so maybe the insurance cost was the factor in them not playing here.

I see they have added dates for Latin America and I would say the states are after that. I knew Till was planning to retire so hopefully they will do one more round of gigs in Europe before he does. In fairness with his presence on stage he looks like he could go on for years.

Some gig eh? I was really familiar with the new album by the time of the gig but i really wanted to see more of the older stuff even just Tier or Buch Dich (actually all of sehnsucht would be great).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I was under the impression that Rammstein had been banned from performing in Ireland because of some concerns about their equipment

Some have also said that Till Lindemann plans to retire at 50 - he's currently 47

To be honest Crue - I would find that very hard to believe, especially if they were trying to plan a concert for here, unless Promoters wouldn't take out the Insurance on them I can't see a problem..........the only other things stopping a show here would be venue ? where would the play - would Rammstein fill the O2, I would say the only reason they wouldn't have a date here would be simply lack of fanbase.......

will have to get out to see them on the next tour so - I really wish they hadn't mentioned Ireland being in the planning, stopped me looking elsewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Awh man, I saw this thread ressurected and got my hopes up that it meant they were coming here :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would have loved if they did a date here but can see the reason that would they fill the O2 (but it was the only place they could play since the size of the rig they use) would they be as big as Kiss are over here cause Kiss got a decent crowd size

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would have loved if they did a date here but can see the reason that would they fill the O2 (but it was the only place they could play since the size of the rig they use) would they be as big as Kiss are over here cause Kiss got a decent crowd size

Its annoying cos some gigs are put on in there and its obvious they wont sell out. I thought they would have ahd a big enough fanbase to do a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

Mushy wrote: »
    Its annoying cos some gigs are put on in there and its obvious they wont sell out. I thought they would have ahd a big enough fanbase to do a show.

you have to remember that they don't need a huge fanbase here because people always travel to see them. so the 02 has 14 thousand people.. 2-3 thousand come from abroad maybe more.. so thats 10 thousand for us to fill.. i mean they would at least have that amount to cover it or sell it out, then you have to think of the people who don't really listen to them but would love to see them because they have never played here before.. it's all word of mouth from rammstein fans to other people who are not rammstein fans but would still go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

trey99 wrote: »
    you have to remember that they don't need a huge fanbase here because people always travel to see them. so the 02 has 14 thousand people.. 2-3 thousand come from abroad maybe more.. so thats 10 thousand for us to fill.. i mean they would at least have that amount to cover it or sell it out, then you have to think of the people who don't really listen to them but would love to see them because they have never played here before.. it's all word of mouth from rammstein fans to other people who are not rammstein fans but would still go.

Tickets prices would have to be reasonable to get the tag alongs to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

trey99 wrote: »

Yeah I know, thats why I thought it'd happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

man i'd go to ram stain they are hilarious if nothing else. O2 stage is made for their massive cock props and the like

not payin over €100 a ticket though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

are they actually playing here or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Star Bingo wrote: »
    man i'd go to ram stain they are hilarious if nothing else. O2 stage is made for their massive cock props and the like

not payin over €100 a ticket though..
    are they actually playing here or what?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 synyster

are they going to play in Ireland at any stage next year???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Rammstein confirmed they were going to do over 200 gigs in the next two years. So far in the UK they have done what? 4?

There will definately be a bigger and longer UK tour before the cycle for this album ends. And then they should play Ireland. If not that's a bit silly....

• Advertisement

Deadly if they do..
    have been waiting so long to see them live

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If I can find a drummer, keyboardist, bass player and 2 guitarists, Ireland can have the next best thing, a Rammstein tribute band.

Alas, I know it'll never happen :(

you ain't looking for much to start your tribute band are you?

be pretty awesome if there was a tribute band tho

synyster wrote: »
    you ain't looking for much to start your tribute band are you?

be pretty awesome if there was a tribute band tho

Well since I'm gonna be doing vocals, I'd consider that amount of people to be not too many and not too few! ;)

so you can naill the vocals??

fair play to you!! not an easy task

specially in German ;)

Yup! I've been into them since I was 11, I'm now 24. Did German in secondary school and college and basically studied their lyrics and learned them all off over the years in an attempt to get a band started. It was all in vain so far!

no fooling you on the German front so..!
    jeez i could barely do English in school
    if it was cars or sports I'd pay more attention :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any more updates on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think we can just accept that it's not happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Don't give up yet peeps, i had all but done such until i saw this on affenknecht:

In an interview with Colombian Rockombia site, Flake Lorenz reveals some information about the tours planned for 2011.

After touring Australia for the Big Day Out, the band revert by the United States from the spring, a big European tour will begin thereafter.

The year 2011 promises to be rich in Rammstein, after announcing the Live DVD, and the Best of tours to come.+

Apparently this is the source, unfortunately i dont beat either the lingo spoken nor subtitled

Advertisement