Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Tour '10 - Ireland !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RexBanner316

My bet is marley park, saw metallica there twice and its pretty cool venue, was gonna head to manchester to see them but cant wait for this!!!! also it may be the last time they play here cos rumour is the band kinda hate eachother now, their travellin in seperate tour buses! i think id wet myself if i saw them play sonne live...... better not stand near me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

My bet is marley park, saw metallica there twice and its pretty cool venue, was gonna head to manchester to see them but cant wait for this!!!! also it may be the last time they play here cos rumour is the band kinda hate eachother now, their travellin in seperate tour buses! i think id wet myself if i saw them play sonne live...... better not stand near me!

Don't think they're big enough for Marley Park. I mean when Metallica and about 4 other bands play there think of the numbers, Rammstein would get nowhere near that many.

I didn't hear that about the band, I remember they were like that after Mutter I think, they mention it in the making of Reise,Reise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The thing about rammstein is they can pull a fan base from all around europe. When i was originally getting a ticket for the frankfurt show i noticed that most of the other dates sold out fairly sharp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

dont know much about the band but by fcuk they make some great music videos :)

Just saw one there last week "Rammstein - Pussy" cant post the link because its a bit on the saucy side :cool:

PM me if you want the link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Was lucky enough to go to the gig in Basel on Wed night and it was fúcking unbelievable. I can't imagine them getting away with the show in Ireland but I live in hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

What are the chances of them playing on Feb 1st? Seems to be the only date free...

OMG! THAT DEFINATELY MADE MY ****TY WEEK! I wonder who will support them (Combichrist would be nice =D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

What made your week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

there's no date announced and at this stage I would very very much doubt there will be.....with transport/travelling I just don't see them squeezing us in.......pity they really got out hopes up mentioning Ireland on the site.....

maybe it's just still being organised, can only hope so at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Fudge them anyway, i gave up, swallowed me pride and am Manchester bound to see them in February

An Irish gig would still surely be hit up should it come along though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dj357

I'm pretty confident, though it pains me to say it, that we will not see Rammstein in Ireland in 2010. A post on their website back in October said that their dates for the first quarter of 2010 were closed, and even now there is no date for Ireland. I wish it were so, but I severely doubt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Very unlikely that they will be booked for February but there's no reason why they can't play the O2 during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dj357

Very unlikely that they will be booked for February but there's no reason why they can't play the O2 during the summer.

2 reasons: a) they already said on their website they're not planning on adding any more dates b) pyrotechnical displays of the magnitude rammstein use are what has been preventing them from coming here before, why would it suddenly not be a problem anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I always thought outdoor RDS would be better venue for them to play because of the pyros.

Regulations for pyros will probably be heightened now with the unfortunate loss of life in Russia last week.

I got tickets for Birmingham as I feared they wouldnt come here in Feb but hopefully a summer gig will arise. I was also looking at the Nova Rock festival in Austria which they are confirmed to play. It had a great line up last year. Doubt they will play Download now as its the same weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

No more word?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭alois

Was lucky enough to go to the gig in Basel on Wed night and it was fúcking unbelievable. I can't imagine them getting away with the show in Ireland but I live in hope.

was at the one in geneva, great ****ing concert, foam machine during 'pnssy' :rolleyes:
    great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Speaking of Rammstein, their new vid is out.

http://www.visit-x.com/rammstein

(Yeah, it's at the same place as the Pussy video, and yes Till's microphone is a dildo)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just tune into Phatom there a little too late. There were people thanking the DJ for news about the Rammstein gig. Trouble is I missed the news. Anyone hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Jako8 wrote: »
    Speaking of Rammstein, their new vid is out.

http://www.visit-x.com/rammstein

(Yeah, it's at the same place as the Pussy video, and yes Till's microphone is a dildo)

saw em years ago, laughed hard but this is just grotesque. so on this tour what will the general feeling upon leaving a er - Rammstein show, stitches in your side? mortification?! metal will be dead unless there's a sincere revival of thrash at grassroots i'm sorry. no costumes, no ill humour, just beer, rage and inciting riots like it was and should be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

-here's a video of the UFO's planet ramstain will be beaming themselves up onto on this tour..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNyI4A629yw

hence no O2 (dublin). terrific modern arenas i take it these guys are the current equivalent of KISS or something? all spectacle / no substance. gigantuan shiny new supercapacity arenas for farcical german bondage metal, sold out well in advance. enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Star Bingo wrote: »
    -here's a video of the UFO's planet ramstain will be beaming themselves up onto on this tour..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNyI4A629yw

hence no O2 (dublin). terrific modern arenas i take it these guys are the current equivalent of KISS or something? all spectacle / no substance. gigantuan shiny new supercapacity arenas for farcical german bondage metal, sold out well in advance. enjoy

What are you going on about? Most of those arenas are comparable in size and functionality to the O2. The O2 is state of the art, there's not many shows that it's not capable of hosting.

So I don't see any technical reason they cant bring their show to Ireland if its an indoor tour and they could always play outdoors. So the only real reason I could think of is that they don't think they have a big enough audience here.

robby^5 wrote: »
    What are you going on about? Most of those arenas are comparable in size and functionality to the O2. The O2 is state of the art, there's not many shows that it's not capable of hosting.

So I don't see any technical reason they cant bring their show to Ireland if its an indoor tour and they could always play outdoors. So the only real reason I could think of is that they don't think they have a big enough audience here.
    Gotta agree here, the O2 is a fantastic venue with great sound. The stage is also very large and the Ceiling is high so they could bring there full elaborate set there no problem.

Unfortunately i doubt they will :(. Its a shame really, even if they didn't have enough irish fans to fill the venue I could see a lot of people from other countries flying over to check them out as most of the other dates are sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Has anybody going to the UK gigs received their tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Patricide wrote: »
    Gotta agree here, the O2 is a fantastic venue with great sound. The stage is also very large and the Ceiling is high so they could bring there full elaborate set there no problem.

Unfortunately i doubt they will :(. Its a shame really, even if they didn't have enough irish fans to fill the venue I could see a lot of people from other countries flying over to check them out as most of the other dates are sold out.

Dunno, I've been to the o2 twice and both times the sound was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Blame the bands sound engineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Was there once for Cirque du Soleil which is amazing. There was a live band playing the music for it on stage and the sound was great. Heard every nuance in the music. As Mossy said, I would pin the blame there firmly on the sound engineers

I was there for priest feast and it sounded terrible, due to the fact the main sound engineer was rushed off to hospital just before the gig started.

Was there for muse recently, sound was top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I was there for The War Of The Worlds....which is still visually worth seeing, so we stuck it out.

Then I was there for UB40, and left half way through because of how bad it was.

Am heading there ofr KISS in June and am terrified that it will suck.

Sound engineers....I can accept that reason, but I thought the whole point of this revamp, or atleast half of it....was that the sound would be good regardless?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

I thought the whole point of this revamp, or atleast half of it....was that the sound would be good regardless?
    You expect the sound to be good regardless of the sound engineers?

Advertisement