Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Tour '10 - Ireland !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 xYazbombx

Thats deadly.. I was gona go portugal this november to see them but now i dont have to woohoo B-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Leaked picture from new album (Could be a video capture from a music video, but the general opinion is not) :

4921412070902.jpg

That looks like a Gottfried Helnwein job; worked with Rammstein before and lives(d?) in Ireland, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

It would be great if they were to come, but so far all we have to go on is one sentence on the Rammstein website. So i'll take it all with a pinch of salt until they announce a concrete date.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

djScarey wrote: »
    That looks like a Gottfried Helnwein job; worked with Rammstein before and lives(d?) in Ireland, I believe.

I actually think it's more Eugenio::

http://www.rammsteinshop.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_42&products_id=287

He did that landscape (orientation) poster of Rammstein for Rosenrot. There is a touch of Helnwein about the LIFAD one too. He did the artwork for Sehnsucht, although it's more Eugenio style to use black make-up around the eyes than Helnwein. He lives in Kilsheelan, Clonmel. Marilyn Manson got married on the grounds of his castle. Helnwein also did artwork for manson's Golden age of grotesque album (the whole mickey mouse thing was his idea as he has a piece which he did a long time ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cool picture, and yep he still lives in Tipperary. So says Google :)

And so says einheisserschre :P

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Cool picture, and yep he still lives in Tipperary. So says Google :)

And so says einheisserschre :P

I know him so I know he still lives in Kilsheelan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

I Googled it and turns out it is in fact a Eugenio.

And so says einheisserschre tongue.gif

I Googled it and turns out it is in fact a Eugenio.

And so says einheisserschre tongue.gif

Haha thanks for that scarey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They've just been announced as Headliners of Rock am Ring, which means they'll be doing the Euro Festival circuit, prob also a headlining slot at Donington too.

I reckon they'll play outdoors, prob RDS, in mid June

• Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

scudzilla wrote: »
    They've just been announced as Headliners of Rock am Ring, which means they'll be doing the Euro Festival circuit, prob also a headlining slot at Donington too.

I reckon they'll play outdoors, prob RDS, in mid June

That RAR video is simply epic:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I wonder what the story is with Ireland and the tour. When they announced they were planning concerts for the first quarter of '10 all have been announced from that list apart from us and Russia. In looking at the tour dates we could be slotted in before the UK dates. All standing ticks are gone for Wembley so I will be peed off if nothing is announced for here.

Nea wrote: »
    I wonder what the story is with Ireland and the tour. When they announced they were planning concerts for the first quarter of '10 all have been announced from that list apart from us and Russia. In looking at the tour dates we could be slotted in before the UK dates. All standing ticks are gone for Wembley so I will be peed off if nothing is announced for here.

Not all! They still have a lot of January and March, not to mention what's left of February to announce dates :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Rammstein are on MTV 2 (Sky channel 355) tonight playing "live" at 12:00.

By "live" I mean a live performance from a few years back, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

My most popular topic everrr :P

Unfortunately, I don't bet on them coming to Ireland now for a few reasons.

(i) Look at the timeline for dates up to and after the UK dates.
    (ii) A very good source has told me not to bet on them coming, and I trust that source.

I've got my UK tickets anyway ;)

Ofcourse don't take this as gospel, just friendly advice :o

My most popular topic everrr :P

(ii) A very good sourse has told me not to bet on them coming, and I trust that source.

I've got my UK tickets anyway ;)

Ofcourse don't take this as gospel, just friendly advice :o

If they are trying to come to Ireland they will certainly run into a lot of problems regarding their pyro.

And for Rammstein, no pyro = no show.

How much did the UK tickets cost you?

Jako8 wrote: »
    If they are trying to come to Ireland they will certainly run into a lot of problems regarding their pyro.

And for Rammstein, no pyro = no show.

How much did the UK tickets cost you?

Yeah, Wouldn't want them to come here with no pyro.

LIFAD could be there last album too, quite a possibility.

They cost me 65 sterling each I think. Didn't get them on the Monday. Ticket to London with ryanair is 30 quid return :D and 20 return if its on the same day :cool:

Yeah, Wouldn't want them to come here with no pyro.

LIFAD could be there last album too, quite a possibility.

They cost be 65 sterling I think. Didn't get them on the Monday. Ticket to London with ryanair is 30 quid return :D and 20 return if its on the same day :cool:

That's actually pretty good value :eek:

God damn you. :p

Just edited it, EACH , 65 each:D

Volkerball is the concert that's playing on MTV 2 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

(ii) A very good source has told me not to bet on them coming, and I trust that source.

It seems like it. The O2 is booked throughout January so unless they add more UK shows the only date available is February 1st, which could be a squeeze logistically. Anything after is definitely too tight as the band must travel on to the continent. Plus I highly doubt Rammstein will consider an Irish show later on; it doesn't make logistical sense unless we are among a group of UK dates.

If a spring date fails to materialise I have a feeling they will headline Download next June and opt to play The O2 then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It seems like it. The O2 is booked throughout January so unless they add more UK shows the only date available is February 1st, which could be a squeeze logistically. Anything after is definitely too tight as the band must travel on to the continent. Plus I highly doubt Rammstein will consider an Irish show later on; it doesn't make logistical sense unless we are among a group of UK dates.

If a spring date fails to materialise I have a feeling they will headline Download next June and opt to play The O2 then.

That doesn't mean it won't happen.
    Their last tour began in the UK, then progressed to the rest of the world, then went back to the UK.

Not tour related but here are the first snippets of all the songs:

http://stormbringer.at/news.php?id=12971

I'm totally gonna forgive them for the single now, The whole album sounds sick ! :D Some of those riifs are epic.

That doesn't mean it won't happen.
    Their last tour began in the UK, then progressed to the rest of the world, then went back to the UK.

Yeah, they'll return to the UK to play Download or Sonisphere I reckon.

And......it's been leaked :D I have it 'n all but im not listening to it until Friday, Still have a week of school to go :D

And......it's been leaked :D I have it 'n all but im not listening to it until Friday, Still have a week of school to go :D

That's terrible :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Later fellow boardies, i've, errrr, got some, errrr , i'm going squirrell fishing

That's terrible :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Later fellow boardies, i've, errrr, got some, errrr , i'm going squirrell fishing

lol. It's not actually terrible, previous albums have been leaked earlier :D Still bad for me, having to think about it all week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Is this dead in the water at this stage?

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Is this dead in the water at this stage?

Not at all, they're headlining Rock am Ring so i'm expecting them over here for a RDS/Marley outdoor gig in July

Rammstein are definitely not big enough to do an outdoor gig here, unless it's a beefy co-headline deal/mini-festival (which is unlikely).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Not at all, they're headlining Rock am Ring so i'm expecting them over here for a RDS/Marley outdoor gig in July

How much would a day ticket to Rock am Ring cost, does anyone know? The website wasn't especially helpful.

Advertisement