Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Tour '10 - Ireland !

Options
  • 25-06-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post as Rammstein have announced they will be coming to Ireland in the first quarter of 2010 ! Don't know if there is much interest for this band here but I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the announcement :p:p:pac:

Barry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Source?
    Found it
    http://www.rammstein.de/?cache=allnew

Woo Hoo. Fecking delighted!!
    Where will they play tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Rammstein.de :

AUXILIARY CONCERTS IN PLANNING
    After for all concerts in Europe the ticket contingents at the offizellen booking offices are almost out of print, the management announces volume to that for the first quarter 2010 further concerts are in Scandinavia, UK, Ireland, Russia in addition, Germany in preparation. As German route act ions which can be expected Dortmund, Erfurt, Dresden, Mannheim and Kiel were called. At the same time still for this year auxiliary concerts in Cologne and Berlin were announced, whose ticket sale was to begin still the coming weekend ago.

(Crappy online translator)

I'm going crazy with excitement !!! There's no question about me being there, or having VIP tickets :D I was gonna travel to Germany to see them, but I said i'd hold off for probable UK dates, but I WAS NOT expecting this :D

Sure, After the last tour Till was asked what country he would like to tour in and he said Ireland !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

Awesome news. Thanks OP.

That's one band I definitely want to see live. Been getting a decent grasp of the German language too from them. Hadn't spoke it since my Leaving Cert.:)

Can't wait. Gonna be A1.

Now for my next question, Where should they play ??

I think Slane castle would be fair cool !! For all the pyrotechnics, They need a good open area. As they have announced Ireland as a venue, they have most likely already preliminarily secured a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Rammstein at Slane would be awesome!

• Advertisement

The tour will be in the first quarter so I doubt it would be outdoor.
    O2 would probably be the best choice but would they sell the tickets?

That's exactly what i'm thinking ! Even though I wanna see the here, I don't want them to have a bust on there hands :( I don't think they have enough fans here.

Although I probably could buy up 20,000 tickets, what about you ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A load of people I know are not into Rammstein's music but really like the idea of a live show. They look incredible live and I would definitely go.

I saw them in Brixton in 05 where they sold out 3 nights. I think Brixton holds 5000 roughly.
    We dont seem to have an in-between venue. I think their stage show would look great in the O2. Dont care if they play Fibbers, I will be there.

This news has made my day!!

Nea wrote: »
    I saw them in Brixton in 05 where they sold out 3 nights. I think Brixton holds 5000 roughly.
    We dont seem to have an in-between venue. I think their stage show would look great in the O2. Dont care if they play Fibbers, I will be there.

This news has made my day!!

Fibbers would just be on fire for the whole night until the drunken metallers decide to piss it out. :)

I can see this in the RDS though.

• Advertisement

Can see it in the RDS alright, Slane was a pipe dream :P This news has made my next 5 months lolol

Slane would be amazing alright. It'd be some spectacle. If it's in the first quarter of the year then Slane is out so I think that the RDS is the next best place for it. I've not seen the inside of the O2 yet so can't really say if it'd suit or not.

Why do you say Slane is out if its the first quarter ? Weather ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'll be there, wherever "there" is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Now this will be a must go to gig. Seen them a number of times, mostly in Germany when I lived there, and they were amazing each and every time.

I just hope they can bring their full set and stage set up with them, as it really adds to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Fer realio? I am absolutely well going to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I can't f*ckin wait for this! One of the few bands I love that I haven't seen. It'd be a damn amazing show!

Cant wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

This is killer news !!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

OH F*CK YEAH!!!

This should be fantastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Count me in,one band i've been dying to see for years!

• Advertisement

Well guys, Get the word out on different music forums etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hossbox

This news just made my day!

I'll definitely be going!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Would be great to see them live, their show looks spectacular. The O2 would probably suit their stage show, whether or not they could fill it is another thing altogether. Still, I didn't think Leppard & Whitesnake would pull more than a few thousand people & it was pretty much full...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Well il be heading over to see em in germany but il check em out again when there here if i can afford it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Rammstein YEAH!, Pyrotechnics and dildos, best live band ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

would I not be right in saying that the statement said they were in talks for gigs in the listed countries (well in preparation ???) ?

if it happens it would just rock.........a band I'd love to see live, and another on off the bucket list......
    don't forget the O2 is a modular design, so they can reduce the arenas capacity for different gigs, so it's probably the best and best suited venue......

Slane wouldn't happen, band not big enough for it for a start and also Slane gigs are on in Aug/Sept and they only have 1 a year.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

YES YES YES FUKKING YEEEEESSSSSS!

And I'm wearing my Rammstein t-shirt right now, it's fecking FATE I tells ya! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where ever they play I'll be there,love this band.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The last band bar Pink Floyd thats on my list to see and they are finally coming. Definitely will be going to this one. I would say The Point would be the best venue for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

This will be a great gig if it happens.

Advertisement