Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Tour '10 - Ireland !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They will never pull a crowd for the RDS, not even the indoor one.
    I reckon they couldn't fill the O2 point but it's still probably the best bet.

As for this pyro bollocks. Has it not dawned on these fools that countless bands have played here before and used pyro?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Yes, other bands have used pyro, but not next to near to the extent of Rammstein's pyro! Till is a qualified pyrotechnician for god's sake!

I think I may have over-shot it with the RDS thing. Then again there's only about 5 people that I have seen who joined the official Rammstein community! Nevertheless, I hope they have a band like Eisbrecher supporting them! Or Krieger. Eisbrecher would be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I dunno where the pyro rumour came from but its going back awhile.
    I think the O2 is definately the best bet as the RDS is a cowshed and weather would be miserable(as usual) for outdoor RDS. By the interest in this thread I am sure it would sell well.

German band Justice (not the dancey kind) were rumoured on a forum as support.
    http://www.justiceweb.de/index2.htm

Yeah since it's jan-mar the weather will probably be horrible. Sure it's the middle of the "summer" now and the weather is STILL miserable!

The only thing we can be sure of is that they will put on an unreal show as usual and it will be deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Oh yea so there.

Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

i have been waiting for this for far too long...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Temporarily edit of this post. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Cool will look forward to this, now just need someone to drag along

Cool will look forward to this, now just need someone to drag along

Yeah. . . the rest of us in the Boards bus !!

Temporarily edit of post. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If they're going in a small venue, it'll be the TBMC, or the Button Place, or whatever it's called now :confused: Lordi did a gig there with pyro. Not many small venues have the insurance for pyro, me thinks. Ambassador would be great for a medium area, if they moved the stage back. Other than that, maybe the o2 if they thought they could get enough people in. Also, it depends on their support band(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

[edit: legal sh*t! :) ]

Temporarily edit or post. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Hate to backseat mod and all but herzeleid.com has been taken down due to Universal sniffing around about their forum discussions on leaked tracks (apparently there's more then one) and stuff like that. Don't get boards sued by discussing stuff like this!

Are you sure ? I think the Admin just took it down for something or thread deletion.. He said no links to any unauthorized material but we could talk about it.

Edit: But there has been alot of youtube links been taken down and stuff so.....Yeah...We gotta stop talking about material that is not official. Sorry :( I will temporarily edit some of my last posts but I have them saved if I can put them back later.

Cant edit someone else's quote of one of my previous posts. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Cant edit someone else's quote of one of my previous posts. :o

Done, sorry bout that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They seem to have a huge amount of work done, it's a shame we still have to wait so long.

Then again, they seem to be perfectionists.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

the_syco wrote: »
    If they're going in a small venue, it'll be the TBMC, or the Button Place, or whatever it's called now :confused: Lordi did a gig there with pyro. Not many small venues have the insurance for pyro, me thinks. Ambassador would be great for a medium area, if they moved the stage back. Other than that, maybe the o2 if they thought they could get enough people in. Also, it depends on their support band(s).

that lordi gig was awesome i was up front right beside the pyro i was blind going home ,but well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Just stumbled upon this thread and had one o those "SWEET FUXKING CHRIST!!!," *bolts upright* - moments.

Please someone, are they defo playin Ireland next year?
    Dates?
    Ticket prices?
    Any info?

Please and thankyou!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Hate to sound snotty but if you were that interested in what the story was 111 posts is not too much of a read.

But basically Rammstein announced on their website that they are planning concerts for the first quarter of next year where Ireland is mentioned as being in their plans. There is no venue or ticket prices mentioned.

The rest of the thread is made up of people's excitement of a pending gig and speculating on where it may be held!

I read the first 4/5ish pages, and as you can see I posted 3am :P I was tired and needed an answer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any more word on an upcoming gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 radiodrive

I hope it happens, Ive seen them twice, Once in Berlin and in Switzerland and it was amazing. Their live show is like nothing I've ever seen before. It was open air in Berlin and they really pulled out the stops. I have never seen so many fireworks, There wasnt a single thing on the stage that wasnt on fire at one stage or another and that includes the band. Yeah they would need a fairly big venue im guessing. Id imagine they'd take the o2 they'd need that space easily just for their stage.

They have announced UK dates but no Irish date as of yet. I'm a member on the Rammstein Community so as soon as I get any info I'll let ye know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im a long time Rammstein fan myself.

I was actually taken back by the number of people ringing/texting me over the last few weeks asking was it true Rammstein were coming. I was under the impression that these people viewed me under a biddys scowl - "Rammstein? ohhh they sing about rape, murder and sex!, filth and dirt!, ohhh I wouldn't have anything to do with them now!". Quite refreshing really

Though I must admit, the pessimism is growing inside me. They announced the jan/feb 2010 tour dates in the UK, but Ireland is nowhere to be seen.

I want nothing more than to be front row screaming, "I HAVE A DICAHHHH, LETS DO IT QUICK". ;)

Im just looking forward to the PIT!

Of all the vids Iv watched of them live, there never seems to be one :S just a crowd singing along and waving their arms :confused:

I reckon Ireland will be the first place to equal the performance on-stage, in the pit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

They were to play the Astoria in London some years back but the health & safety killjoys pulled the plug on the pyrotechnics and Rammstein wouldn't play without the Feuer. Let's hope Ireland is not a repeat scenario.

They never play a gig if they're not allowed use everything they want when it comes to pyro. It's part of their show and I think they feel they would be cheating the fans if they abided by what rules they were given!

Yes, they have announced UK dates but they have played the UK before and they know the way things work there. I wouldn't be surprised if they are playing the same venues again. You have to remember they have never set foot on Irish soil before so they are more than likely setting things up for the first time.

Give them time! They still have January and March and the rest of Feb to play here! BTW, if anyone wants me at the gig, I'll be q-ing from 3AM to make sure I get to the front!

Liebe ist fur alle da, auch fur Irland!

• Advertisement

Did someone just post something about Rammstein playing Sonne at the MTV Music Awards, then realise how wrong he was and how right I am and then delete his post?? I think so!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement