Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Tour '10 - Ireland !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Fantastic. Rammstein are one of those bands everyone HAS to see. I'm excited about a gig for the first time in aaaages now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 djvext

This is brilliant news. Was gonna go abroad to see them on the 09 tour but with the recession and all that, couldnt really afford it, so delighted to hear they'll be coming here!

:):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

dan254 wrote: »
    can't wait, the 3 best gigs i've ever been to were all Rammstein gigs, still gonna go see them in Britain but can't wait for the Irish show, they're better indoors as well, the ambassador has a similar feel to brixton so would be good if capacity is big enough

Brixton Academy capacity ~5,000
    Ambassador capacity ~1,200

Also the Ambassador is not a venue any more, being converted to a library in the future.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

This sure is excellent news, assuming the gig goes ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

This is great ! Didn't think this thread would get so much interest. We should go there on one bus as the 'Boardsies' :P

I nominate you to organinse that, get cracking :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Can't wait!!!!!! Looooooove Rammstein!! Ja!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Port Royale

scored a 75€ ticket for hamburg :D:D:D:D:D:D
    ...just a warm up for Ireland...

Feuer Frei

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

oh good gods yesss!
    so they scrapped that silly pyrotechnics law that was stopping them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

P-P-P-What !? What law ? I don't think they scrapped anything ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

sweeet Rammestein sweeeet just saw it on twitter sweeeet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

should be one of the best gigs in ages. cant f**kin wait for this wheres the boardsies sounds like a great idea. hope they do come be great to finally see them live. what english dates do they have this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

oh good gods yesss!
    so they scrapped that silly pyrotechnics law that was stopping them?

Think that was an urban myth, could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Cool, really delighted to hear they might be coming here.

Manowar & them are pretty much the only bands I can think of that I like but haven't seen live yet (scratched Sacred Reich off the list this weekend :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

sooo....R/M forum trip anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

villains77 wrote: »
    what english dates do they have this year.
    None it's all mainland Europe in 2009. The UK dates will be around the same time as any Irish date.

I think the "Rammstein don't play Ireland due to not being able to do their pyro" rumour was balls. They can play a stripped back show (Brixton ones as an example) just MCD/Aiken never saw them as being profitable so didn't bring them over (and still may not, they are in talks nothing more).

Bands of their size are contacted by the promoters not the other way round so if no one in Ireland asked them to play they wouldn't. DME certainly couldn't handle them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Don't you just love it when news of a gig comes and slaps you in the face? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Folks, lets be realistic, I think the O2 is the best we could hope for...unfortunately, that means alot of fans will have to sit.

Still though, stellar news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭IRISH DAYWALKER

hopefully they will come to thomond park oh yeah!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

RAAAAAMMMMSTEEEIIINNN!!!! :cool:

This has made my f*cking day, can't wait! Does anyone know if they still play Buck Dich live? Epic performance, as anyone who's seen it will testify to.

So where's the Boards.ie bus leaving from? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

RAAAAAMMMMSTEEEIIINNN!!!! :cool:

This has made my f*cking day, can't wait! Does anyone know if they still play Buck Dich live? Epic performance, as anyone who's seen it will testify to.

So where's the Boards.ie bus leaving from? :)

They probably still do, minus the weenis.

I'd love to see their show with pyrotechnics, maybe another time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    They probably still do, minus the weenis.

I'd love to see their show with pyrotechnics, maybe another time :)
    What makes you think they wont do it with pyro in ireland?

Yeah, Rammstein never bring half-assed sets with them, If they cant do the pyro they simply wont come i'd say.

Regarding Büch Dich, I would say not. As they haven't even sung any Rosenrot (Except Benzin) tracks live yet, not to mention the new album which will be priority #1.

Here's some recent pictures of rammstein that have been leaked ;) (Mods- Please don't delete :P ):

November 2008 (Most recent picture of band together) :
    rammst12.jpg

Till looks aufully scruffy and tired I think :p

Leaked picture from new album (Could be a video capture from a music video, but the general opinion is not) :

4921412070902.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Any release date for the album yet?

Sometime in the Autumn. . .most likely in early November, just before the tour.

Did someone change the tags on this ? I don't remember I put down 'boards goes to rammstein' lol :p

So good interest in the Bordsies bus then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

IrishHalo, the reason Rammstein never played here before is due to the fact that they didn't have a big enough fan base or album sales to warrant bringing all their pyro over.

The Brixton gig was actually postponed until they were allowed use all their pyro stuff. With Rammstein, it's all or nothing as they think the pyro is an integral part of the live experience. They are right!

I've been into Rammstein and they've been my number 1 band since I was 11. Contemplated going to see them in Germany as I never thought they'd come here but I'm delighted!

By the way, anyone here interested in starting a Rammstein cover band?? I'm looking for 2 guitarists, a bass player, keyboard player and a drummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Traviata

Do you'll also sing the songs in german?

I'll see Rammstein@ Nov. in vienna, im very excited too see them live, 've never seen them before *-*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I was under the impression there was issues with pyrotechnics in Ireland. Actually it was from a discussion on a bus, but the guy telling me it could have been full of it.

@ Traviata - yeah, I do! that's why i don't need a singer :)

@ Bob - Trust me lad, I've been following their every move for 12 years and I can honestly say that if you hear something like that from the "du hast fans" it's just something that they heard somehwere. I've heard that myself a few times and I know it's bull. Sure apparently Rammstein were on the Late Late show years ago too! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

I'm hopin for the point! I was at the wrestling there a few months ago and the lower seats pull back so the floor would be huge! Awesome as s.h.one.t!

• Advertisement

BasuGasu wrote: »
    I'm hopin for the point! I was at the wrestling there a few months ago and the lower seats pull back so the floor would be huge! Awesome as s.h.one.t!

IMO, since this is going to be Rammstein's first time ever playing in Ireland, the point will be too small. It would be brilliant if the weather was cold, not rainy or windy and the gig was on in the RDS where Metallica often played. That would be unreal!!

Advertisement