Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official 3.0 Upgrade/Jailbreak/unlock thread

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sarabroderick

Boards to the rescue as always. Got a 10 euro o2 sim and activated the phone. Went in and it was 3.0.1 so happy days, pwnage tool sorted it and unlocked no worries using tutorials from the sticky.

note to mod, update sticky with pwnage link for 3gs as purplerain tutorial didnt work for me or my mate for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

wow you were pretty lucky there, enjoy :)

Boards to the rescue as always. Got a 10 euro o2 sim and activated the phone. Went in and it was 3.0.1 so happy days, pwnage tool sorted it and unlocked no worries using tutorials from the sticky.

note to mod, update sticky with pwnage link for 3gs as purplerain tutorial didnt work for me or my mate for some reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭travnett

Let me tell you guys I am one relieved perosn.. Ok so yesterday I bought an Iphone 3gs from O2, I previously had a Iphone 3gs form Orange in Switzerland (where I live) but I stupidly left it in a taxi on a night out in Madrid and couldn't get it back. So I bought one on O2 in Dublin as I am back here for the weekend, I bought it thinking that I would be able to unlock it so that I could use my Orange Switzerland sim in it, However I never researched it 1st, so I bought the phone brought it home and searched for unlocking it.

Now obviously after much painstaking research I discovered that i would not be able to unlock this Iphone as it is running firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 5.11.?? Ok so I start to panic as I am after activating it through Itunes etc..

So this morning I restored the Iphone and got it back to the screen where it says connect to itunes just like when u first turn on the phone I then brought it back to O2 hoping for a refund but not actually thinking I'd get it. So I went to O2 and told them that I bought it etc.. but that I didn't realise how expensive the roaming data charges were and could i get a refund. Well they never even batted an eyelid they quickly checked that everything was in box and then promptly issued me with my €519 refund :D I'm so relieved i got the money back now I have to go buy one in Switzerland which cost a bit more than here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Buffy the bitch

Will somebody please me, this is what I've done.

Created Pwnage folder on desktop. Donwloaded Redsnow extracted to Pwnage and put this file in Pwanage iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw .

Connectred to itunes and restored the iphone.

Selectred the iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw . file and pressed open.

Windows fishied updateding my phone.

Opned Redsnow, went to iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw . file The ISPW successfully idenitfide.

The two installed boxes were ticked.

Done all the rest pluggeed it out phone rebooted.

Then it said Jailbroken done.

So Im try to Unlock.

I know I need this folder called Cydia Installer but it's isn't in my iphone after I jailbake it

Please someone help me.

Sorry if the post is a bit off it's Halloween night and 6:30 but I really need advice. I know my first post wasn't much help but place I need to get this unblocked,
    progress.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Just successfully jailbroke and carrier unlocked my O2 iPhone 3G (bought on PAYG last year) using the excellent instructions here.

It now works perfectly with my Vodafone SIM, including 3G data.

Internet FTW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement