Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

You should try it on Insane difficulty with a fresh character. Its no walk in the park. Trying to free Liara and escape with here is a struggle in itself. Enemy snipers destroy your shields in one shot. Get hit again and you're dead.

Biotics are the way to go if I remember. Levitate the enemy in the air and pick them apart when they can't shoot you. Play it very cautiously, moving forward slowly. Still those Krogan Warlords are tough to kill, they regenerate health too I think, or their sheilds come back up damn fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

rizzla wrote: »
    Play it very cautiously, moving forward slowly. Still those Krogan Warlords are tough to kill, they regenerate health too I think, or their sheilds come back up damn fast.

Thats what I have been finding. I'm trying to find the best class for the Insanity playthrough. So far I have been trying with a level 47 soldier on a new game plus on hard core as an experiment.

I have a level 60 Infiltrator on another save which I could try aswell.

I just could not finish the fight what a fresh biotic character against the Krogan Battle Master with Liara. I got close a few times with level 8 powers but in the end I gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've had this and Deadrising 2 on pre-order since like forever! Really looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

siblers wrote: »
    I doubt I could hack Benezia on that difficulty, took me the good part of 50 tries to beat her. Almost ruined the game for me. Bit of a shame ME2 is going for a more a shooter route, was hoping it would go the other way.

Same. Dont think ill bother getting it if its mainly shooter now. Will wait to see what the reviews are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

rizzla wrote: »
    Krogan Warlords are tough to kill

They're the toughest enemies by far. They rush at you and melee, which ignores your shields and (on higher difficulties) will probably kill you in one hit. They (and most non-Geth) use the immunity ability to reinforce their health bars, which means they take ages to kill. Fighting the Geth is easy by comparison!

• Advertisement

If anyone is looking to save a few quid and wait a few days longer hmv.co.uk have this for pre-order for £27.99 not including delivery.

This is the summary of the GamesTM review.

+ One of the most memorable opening sequences ever.

+ Improved combat. It not only rivals dedicated 'cover-shooters', it actually betters them (aside from Gears 2 and Uncharted).

+ Brilliant dialogue interrupt system.

+ More refined inventory/equipment management. Improvements to weapons, armour etc (which carry across all party members) are carried out on the Normandy via 'research documents' that you buy or find. Quality of the research is dependant on the 'elements' that you find when scanning planets.

+ Less planets to explore, but much more varied and diverse. Some kick off quests that send you off to other planets/locations.

+ Near 'miraculous' art direction. All the worlds create a cohesive looking universe, but are never derivative or repetitive.

+ Sharper cinematics. Snappier editing, restless camera movement.

+ Memorable, well written and deep characters (a career best for Bioware).

- Repercussions of choices made in the first game aren't as keenly felt as they'd have liked

10/10

Its the 9th game they have ever given 10/10. Don't know if thats a good sign or what.:confused: I don't think any game deserves 10/10, they all have flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Great to hear. Not too worried about the first game choices, this was always a pretty ambitious move and to be honest I have only one character from ME1 I want to carry through (my hot red headed Sheperd). As long as the story holds up, I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

This is the summary of the GamesTM review.

+ One of the most memorable opening sequences ever.

+ Improved combat. It not only rivals dedicated 'cover-shooters', it actually betters them (aside from Gears 2 and Uncharted).

+ Brilliant dialogue interrupt system.

+ More refined inventory/equipment management. Improvements to weapons, armour etc (which carry across all party members) are carried out on the Normandy via 'research documents' that you buy or find. Quality of the research is dependant on the 'elements' that you find when scanning planets.

+ Less planets to explore, but much more varied and diverse. Some kick off quests that send you off to other planets/locations.

+ Near 'miraculous' art direction. All the worlds create a cohesive looking universe, but are never derivative or repetitive.

+ Sharper cinematics. Snappier editing, restless camera movement.

+ Memorable, well written and deep characters (a career best for Bioware).

- Repercussions of choices made in the first game aren't as keenly felt as they'd have liked

10/10

jesus

wouldnt agree with most of that

opening sequence is hardly momumental, combat is awful, dialogue system is still pretty limited (but serves its purpose), story is excellent as are the characters - but imo the game kinda ruins it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Helix wrote: »
    jesus

wouldnt agree with most of that

opening sequence is hardly momumental, combat is awful, dialogue system is still pretty limited (but serves its purpose), story is excellent as are the characters - but imo the game kinda ruins it

eh?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I think he means gameplay. But I can't be sure.:confused:

no i mean itd be better as a book, and not a game

the actual clunky gameplay gets in the way of the story, imo of course

worth noting i didnt rate the first one either

This is very important, thanks for mentioning it, I would prefer if reviewers did this in their articles.

I bought assassin's creed 2 after all the strong reviews, but I was really looking for the ones that didn't like the first one and thought the second one was an improvement. I won't get in to a discussion here about it, but while the second one is a vast improvement for me, it's still a very "meh" game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

no i mean itd be better as a book, and not a game

the actual clunky gameplay gets in the way of the story, imo of course

I take it you mean the mechanics of the game? Most reviews say that it's much more streamlined since the first. Although, I'm slightly concerned by the fact that there's less customisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr. Gruff

Does anyone know if the bonus armour and weapon that you can get by pre-ordering the game with Gamestop is available in Irish gamestops too?

I've been anticipating this game for a good year by now but generally I'm not arsed pre-ordering unless it comes with bonus content. Lets face it, its rare that a game sells out.

Mr. Gruff wrote: »
    Lets face it, its rare that a game sells out.

True, but when ME1 came out. I tried to get the CE on release day in all the GAME shops in the city centre and they were all sold out. GAME were the only ones that had the CEs on release.

About the custom armor, all I know is that Play.com are doing the Terminus armor and gravity gun dlc. Amazon are do the Thermal armor deal which looks better imo (sort of like Iron Man). I don't know if any shops here have any deals.

I take it you mean the mechanics of the game? Most reviews say that it's much more streamlined since the first. Although, I'm slightly concerned by the fact that there's less customisation.

basically my primary concern when i played it was that the gunplay was really really really bad, and theres an AWFUL LOT of gunplay in it. far too much to be supported a second rate combat system

Bioware hinting at day 1 DLC. New armor, weapon, character and planet. Bioware has said if there is day 1 DLC, it will be free.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4191-Day-1-Mass-Effect-2-DLC-Rumoured--BioWare-Responds.html

Sounds great. I hope they do more DLC than they did for ME.
    It was good fun to play through one but for 800 microsoft points I was expecting more than one more planet that already seemed kinda familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

What day is the game out?

• Advertisement

Friday the 29th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just checked my amazon pre-order and the price has dropped to £29.99 (best price anywhere at the moment)
    Can't wait to get stuck into this, I loved ME1 despite its flaws.

tman wrote: »
    Just checked my amazon pre-order and the price has dropped to £29.99 (best price anywhere at the moment)
    Can't wait to get stuck into this, I loved ME1 despite its flaws.

HMV.co.uk had it for £27.99 on Friday but they don't do free delivery like Amazon.

Anyone know, or care to hazard a guess, as to what the likes of Tesco will charge? I suppose it's not as big a release as MW2 so they won't be looking to absorb a huge price cut to shift units.

Unless I tell them I will buy 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

If anyone hears of any cheap prices for this will ye post them up? Ive been kinda put off the game after reading previews and such but still liked the first one but dont like paying 50-60 quid for games these days.

I can't see anywhere that going to top the Amazon deal with free shipping.

Tesco did a surprise first week price when Fallout 3 was released, they had it for €39.99. And Fallout 3 would have been about the same as ME2 hype wise. Only the RPG heads were in on it, it wasn't mainstream per say. They would be the ones to watch if you don't want to buy online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anyone have any experience of Amazon sending games out early? I really want this on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

36.99 on amazon at the mo?
    has the offer gone?

I wouldnt mind waiting a few days to get it cheaper and for free DLC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Day 1 Free DLC - does this mean it will be free ONLY for it's launch day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Day 1 Free DLC - does this mean it will be free ONLY for it's launch day?

I don't know. I think it might be a code in the manual to encourage new sales rather than preowned, pure guess on my part though.

Advertisement