Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher level Francais

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Lucet wrote: »
    Hahaha, I did the same. I just misread that question. It's a pity, but don't worry, we're grand :D
    Lol.....5 marks could be the difference between my A and a B!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

K4t wrote: »
    Lol.....5 marks could be the difference between my A and a B!!!!!

I know, but now we can't do anything, so :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

James - your notes on the journal intime saved me today, I had never done one before and think I got pretty good marks.

For the question on the internet, I think my french grammer was fairly complex and correct, but I felt that I was a bit rambly and to a certain extent off the point, talking about the advantages/disadvantages etc - what do you think is the maximum I could get?
    Thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Or how about for answers using basic french but without any mistakes? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Or how about for answers using basic french but without any mistakes? :D

you'll get about a C1 but it's hard to define ''basic''.. that to you could be a huge standard to others so i'm not sure.

• Advertisement

Lucet wrote: »
    I know, but now we can't do anything, so :pac:.
    You're dead right! C'est la vie........au revoir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Well I had like one si clause out of the three pieces, made everything personal, je was all over the place, used conditional and future in the last one a lot, made sure to use some common phrases about feelings/reactions etc in the journal intime, and I'm pretty sure I made very few grammatical mistakes and stayed very relevant to the topic. Clearer? Thanks for the opinion btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Sweet wrote: »
    I said that she was talking to collette about the marriage of her brother?

same same, and i adore ur username :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 0418161

Well done to everyone today. Just a word of advice-its better not to try to predict how many marks will be awarded or deducted for any given question, especially in the aural. The marking scheme will be decided upon in Athlone over a two day period next week and until then I'm afraid no-one, even the most experienced teacher or examiner, can tell you where marks will be lost or gained. It is probably better now to concentrate on the remaining exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

French=cool..
    tape was nice:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Hmmm, if I get lucky, a B3 is not out of the question. Absolutely must be a C3. Really happy if I get a B3. Don't think I've gotten over 50 since 5th yr, so to peak today was quite fortunate! :D handy paper helped a bit aswell I suppose!

Did anybody else go way over the given 'word count' in the written pieces. I wrote about 150 words for each question and am just wondering if that's perhaps too much? My own teacher said to not go over the 90 words but he's a bit of an idiot and I did hear from that teacher on 2fm to write as much as you can? Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

K4t wrote: »
    Did anybody else go way over the given 'word count' in the written pieces. I wrote about 150 words for each question and am just wondering if that's perhaps too much? My own teacher said to not go over the 90 words but he's a bit of an idiot and I did hear from that teacher on 2fm to write as much as you can? Anyone know?

my grinds teacher told be to stick to 90 and 75.
    my teacher at school said to write more.
    I listed to my grinds teacher because my teacher at school crazy!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Every teacher seems to say a different one on that, my own teacher just said stick to around 90 or 75 words, while a few grinds teachers that people have had in my year said to always write more, about 120 and 100 words.

The way i see it, if you write loads over 90 or 75 words, you have more chances of being marked down because theres more to correct.

my teacher is French and she says write what's asked it's enough.

hmmm I don't think i ahd many mistakes though so I should be alright. The advice on 2fm from a 'top' french teacher was to write over 120 words for the higher grades. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

You definitely don't lose marks for writing too much. You'll just have more opportunities to make mistakes I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

I freaked out over the Honours and did the pass

My luck everything i knew came up :(b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

hey since everyone seems to have found french easy will they mark it harder??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Yeah, they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My German teacher, who's a senior French examiner, told us that when they're being shown answers by students and asked to rate them the top ones are always quite long (well longer than the stated word count anyway). Sometimes examiners are like "oh this ones a bit short" then my teacher counts the words and it usually ends up being the word length stated.

I know it's not French, but in German you're told EXACTLY what to say, so when all the tasks are fulfilled I find I've gone way over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

just thinking how is it fair that if you're doing yours through irish that they have it in english beside it?

robz18 wrote: »
    Yeah, they will.

they've a quota on certain grades and no they won't mark it harder until the quota is reached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ye they will!

Advertisement