Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher level Francais

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Teacher 28

Spent about two hours here last night writing up notes to help people out - only one guy said he appreciated it, while everone else bragging they've got their A's. I think so much of that guy who said he appreciated it - good manners cost nothing!!

Good luck to everyone anyway

James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Teacher 28 wrote: »
    Spent about two hours here last night writing up notes to help people out - only one guy said he appreciated it, while everone else bragging they've got their A's. I think so much of that guy who said he appreciated it - good manners cost nothing!!

James

Sorry I actually thought after my exam 'must go thank that person on boards for the french notes, I used a good bit of the diary stuff,' it just slipped my mind when I got home. :( Thanks a million for the notes, they were really really helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

James

Your new to boards so you may not realise it, but lots of people thanked you:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60619306&postcount=37
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60618882&postcount=26
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60619659&postcount=48

The blue names under your posts are people who appreciated your work and said thanks!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

K4t wrote: »
    Would like to hear other's views on this one?!

I heard sans abris:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

I'm actually in love with that paper. Wow, couldn't have been easier! Tough marking scheme to follow i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

OH MY GOD

I just realised it was an email.
    I wrote a formal letter... with the addresses and everything :(
    And i even totally blanked on the layout, so i just had it as best as i could remember.

I'm totally losing marks for that.

And i was really happy with that question :(:(

Apart ca..

Comprehensions - which im usually not the best at - were lovely.
    Did the internet question - managed to make it personal by talking about how my brother is on a trip around the world, and we use it to keep in touch.
    Did the 'letter'... pants.
    And did the question about sport. Was running out of time, so i kinda waffled a lot. But i got about 90 words down, so i'm happy enough.

Listening was quite good too.

Overall, bar the email fiasco, im a happy camper!

Thanks guys.

I'm marking French so hope to be giving lots of A's !!

Best wishes to you all

J

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Mr.S wrote: »

Oh and some people have different anwsers for the "According to Alain, what did many French people do that they would never have done eight years ago?" question, The guy said that people wake up in the middle of the night to watch them on the TV duing the olmypics, and that 8 years ago, people woundn't have done that.

:)

yup I heard that too!

Thanks guys.

Best wishes to you all

J

Haha no bother! Now we can all pm you our exam numbers so you can give us all A1's yeah?:D

To LivingDeadGirl:

Really glad to hear the notes were of help!!

Wishing you all the best.

• Advertisement

James

Ah what a teacherly message! sorry sir! but you did get thanked lots don't worry someones already posted a link!
    and I'm sure if we'd seen you on here you would have gotten renewed thanks!
    I used some stuff you posted today, really do appreciate it, you posted really good simple phrases, that could be used for lots of topics, not complicated things like everyone else was posting!
    So thanks again James!

Hi BanjoPaul

:) Hope you'll visit me in Mountjoy after you all send me your exam numbers!!! :D I'd be locked up!! Great to hear it went well for you.

Wishing you well in the rest of your exams!!

Hi BanjoPaul

:) Hope you'll visit me in Mountjoy after you all send me your exam numbers!!! :D I'd be locked up!! Great to hear it went well for you.

Wishing you well in the rest of your exams!!

Of course, we'll get the whole leaving cert forum to break you out, something along the lines of the great escape!:pac:
    Then we'll sell the film rights and live kings! Who needs college with life plans like that!:p

Thanks, going alright so far, have fun correcting them, I'm sure it's delightfully tedious!:D

Thanks guys.

Best wishes to you all

J

really??

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

please help!!

my friend doesnt have a boards account but for the second q the journal intime he wrote about a fight with his girlfriend (as in petite amie) instead of meilluere ami (best friend).. said they has a fight at the cinema etc.
    how many marks can be taken off?
    and could he get away with it bcos his girlfriend could be his best friend??

please please reply somebody in the know, i tried examinations.ie but no info there.

You're very welcome - the simple phrases get the marks. They come "from the heart" - ha ha!! And that's what we like as examiners, not the chunks of learned off stuff.

Well done and hope results day brings lots of smiles! :)

naasface wrote: »
    please help!!

my friend doesnt have a boards account but for the second q the journal intime he wrote about a fight with his girlfriend (as in petite amie) instead of meilluere ami (best friend).. said they has a fight at the cinema etc.

please please reply somebody in the know, i tried examinations.ie but no info there.

well they tend to be really picky about stuff like that in LC French,as in he could lose nearly all the marks for that....do you know how obvious it was that he was talking about a girlfriend? Like he could just have a particularily small friend...or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Jesus guys "Cartable" is like from first year French. Weird how the easy words slip your mind when you haven't used them in ages.

Anyway,

Bonne continuation!

Hi Nassface:

Tell your friend not to worry - no marks will be deducted for mentioning girlfriend instead of best friend as it's the same thing more or less!

Hi Nassface:

Tell your friend not to worry - no marks will be deducted for mentioning girlfriend instead of best friend as it's the same thing more or less!

what about if you write less than 90 words for the first essay??
    (not much less than 90)

• Advertisement

Hi Saffy:

Don't worry about the no. of words ... it's the QUALITY that gets the marks.

I've given full marks before to a pupil who wrote less; and full marks to another who wrote over a page ... both were of excellent quality ... so don't worry!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

Hi Nassface:

How much many marks would you lose for giving a formal letter layout instead of an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

Hi Nassface:

R u sure? didnt mention the phrase mon meiulluere ami.
    just went that he went to cinema for their 6 mth anniversary, saw his gf Jane talking to a boy outside who she kissed a few mths ago. they huge fight after the film..dont know why shes still my girlfriend after 5th fight. angry emotions etc. said its over.
    Can u clarify? this is so helpful thank u and sorry 4 being picky he just needs a high b/a grade in francais merci ;)

You'd lose very, very few marks for the formal letter layout, if any!

You see, there's no marks given for e mail layout ( in previous yrs anyway). You'd lose 2 marks max, that's all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i thonk i said 3 years for the first question when it was obviously 3 days! will i get any marks for this! a slip of the pencil!

Tell your friend not to worry. He won't lose marks.

What he has written is of excellent quality. His girlfriend is his best friend (!) so it's the same thing - tell him to relax and enjoy the summer - sounds like he'll do extremely well!!

unfortunately 3 years would get 0 marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

naasface wrote: »
    please help!!

Meilleure copine would be more current. (Watch the ortographe) If he says meilleure amie that would certainly count as his girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

F**k! I just noticed they wanted a plural feminine adjectif! I said 'grande'. Such an easy question to lsoe marks :(

I hope I didn't do anything else stupid like that! Ah the exam situation, gotta love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

K4t wrote: »
    F**k! I just noticed they wanted a plural feminine adjectif! I said 'grande'. Such an easy question to lsoe marks :(

I hope I didn't do anything else stupid like that! Ah the exam situation, gotta love it!

Hahaha, I did the same. I just misread that question. It's a pity, but don't worry, we're grand :D

Advertisement