Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher level Francais

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

It was a lovely paper. Not the tape though... It started skipping and I didn't hear it all three times. Well, I do think that I will get a fair mark. We'll see :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

Go to examinations.ie and look at the oridnary aural part, Most of the answers for HL are in the questions or multiple choice on the OL paper..

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

wow that tape was so easy compared to other years!!
    the tape is usually what brings me down, so hopefully I'll get a B!!
    written was grand too!
    Ah it nearly makes up for the disgusting history paper I just sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Just wanna say thanks for the vocab lads, i used a lot of the phrases you guys posted here this morning and i feel like i did well. I appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Lads, you know in the second comprehension when they asked for an adjectif in the feminine plural in the fourth section, was one of the answers "noires" by any chance?

Just trying to tally up my marks. Know for sure that i got over 90 in the Oral so i should be on for an A:)

• Advertisement

I got 78 in my aural, that's a B2... I'd say a B3 in the oral and about the same in the written... I'm delighted overall, considering i'm a student that went down to pass early this year and moved back up after 2 weeks. I thought i woudn't be able for the honours but hard work really does pay off!

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Lads, you know in the second comprehension when they asked for an adjectif in the feminine plural in the fourth section, was one of the answers "noires" by any chance?

Just trying to tally up my marks. Know for sure that i got over 90 in the Oral so i should be on for an A:)

That's what i wrote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

I said "noires":)

Yeah I wrote noires as well!
    How'd you now you got over 90 in the oral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I wrote noires too!! :) im really happy with the listenin too the max i could have got wrong is 8 out of 28 which is brilliant for me seein that i got 43% in the mocks and was even considerin pass this mornin! :):):):)

• Advertisement

melissavm wrote: »
    That's what i wrote.
    Saffy wrote: »
    I said "noires":)

Great!

Cant believe how easy the comprehensions were overall. The first one is normally OK and todays was no exception. The second one, though is usually a horrible extract from a book. Todays one was grand though.

Did the internet Q in 1, the e-mail and then the abstract on sport. First French exam I've finished early this year which gave me a chance to go over everything. Was able to write a page each too for the Q1 and the sport abstract.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I wrote bonnes

phic wrote: »
    Yeah I wrote noires as well!
    How'd you now you got over 90 in the oral?

Well our teacher was talkin to the examiner and apparently 15 of our class of 23 got over 85. Almost certain i got over 90 because i'm repeating this year, and last year in the oral i got 93. This years one went even better though! Only got a B1 last year overall though. Written paper let me down.This year though...:D
    I wrote bonnes

Thats right as well i'd say. Was talkin to a few of my friends and they all said that. Thats why i wasn't too sure about noires

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

phic wrote: »
    wow that tape was so easy compared to other years!!
    the tape is usually what brings me down, so hopefully I'll get a B!!
    written was grand too!
    Ah it nearly makes up for the disgusting history paper I just sat!

My god history was hideous

Well our teacher was talkin to the examiner and apparently 15 of our class of 23 got over 85. Almost certain i got over 90 because i'm repeating this year, and last year in the oral i got 93. This years one went even better though! Only got a B1 last year overall though. Written paper let me down.This year though...:D

they aren't corrected yet:confused:

Mr.S wrote: »
    The orals are arent they?

whoops!! I thought it said "aural":o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Carte = map Cartable = schoolbag (had map down, realised it didn't make sense in realtion to the context, chnaged it to schoolbag!)

I'll write my answers beside the the ones you got wrong ;):D
    SECTION 1.

Had her mobile for 3 days.
    Shops recycle mobiles.
    She used to leave them in her bedroom.
    Now she throws them in the bin.

SECTION 2.

He trains for 4 hours in the pool each day.
    On Mondays he dislikes thinking about the rest of the week.
    French people now go to watch them train. hmmm I said 'they stayed up late to watch swimming?
    His popularity means he has no private life, everyone recognises him and beeps at him in the street.
    He likes his shark tattoo cos is corresponds with his personality, and symbolises all the time he spends in the water.

SECTION 3.

She was in the Café at 2.30pm.
    She put her handbag on the floor beside her.
    There was a golden watch in her handbag.
    She was afraid she'd have to tell her mother she lost her 18th bday present.
    Fabien says someone probably found it where she left it, so she should ring the café.
    She spoke to Collette about not paying attention to things..? Ya said that too!

SECTION 4.

She was in a nightclub.
    She gave money to an organisation for the homeless. ah I said she set it up?
    Her father had enough money.
    She's not extravagant cos she doesn't go on exotic holidays every year & prefers 3 star hotels.
    She thinks the economic crisis is very serious, and hopes that it will improve itself soon.

SECTION 5.

Carrfour donated bags of school supplies to the children. and school materials
    The hijackers surrendered yesterday evening..? yesterday afternoon ('apres-midi' = afternoon I think)
    Motorists who fail to use indicators will get a €25 fine & 3 penalty points on their drivers licence.

I got all your answers except for the ones I wrote in bold beside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I said that she was talking to collette about the marriage of her brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Purple Funk

SECTION 1.

Had her mobile for 3 days.
    Shops recycle mobiles.
    She used to leave them in her bedroom.
    Now she throws them in the bin.

SECTION 2.

He trains for 4 hours in the pool each day.
    On Mondays he dislikes thinking about the rest of the week.
    French people now go to watch them train. hmmm I said 'they stayed up late to watch swimming?
    His popularity means he has no private life, everyone recognises him and beeps at him in the street.
    He likes his shark tattoo cos is corresponds with his personality, and symbolises all the time he spends in the water.

SECTION 3.

She was in the Café at 2.30pm.
    She put her handbag on the floor beside her. near the wall
    There was a golden watch in her handbag.
    She was afraid she'd have to tell her mother she lost her 18th bday present.
    Fabien says someone probably found it where she left it, so she should ring the café.
    She spoke to Collette about not paying attention to things..? Ya said that too! The wedding of her brother.

SECTION 4.

She was in a nightclub.
    She gave money to an organisation for the homeless. ah I said she set it up? I actually said donated to an organisation for the deaf. I heard "les gens sans bruit"
    Her father had enough money.
    She's not extravagant cos she doesn't go on exotic holidays every year & prefers 3 star hotels.
    She thinks the economic crisis is very serious, and hopes that it will improve itself soon.

SECTION 5.

Carrfour donated bags of school supplies to the children. and school materials
    The hijackers surrendered yesterday evening..? yesterday afternoon ('apres-midi' = afternoon I think)
    Motorists who fail to use indicators will get a €25 fine & 3 penalty points on their drivers licence.

Answers bold and underlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Sweet wrote: »
    I said that she was talking to collette about the marriage of her brother?
    Yeah that's what I got too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 doorknob_opener

robz18 wrote: »

Me three.

The whole French exam was so amazing that I would actually marry it. Compared to last years anyway. Which wasn't too bad, but meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

School bags, goddamnit! I assumed they'd be "Sac du scolaire", and who would give hurricaine victims school bags?!

All went well except that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

timmywex wrote: »
    She gave money to an organisation for the homeless. ah I said she set it up? I actually said donated to an organisation for the deaf. I heard "les gens sans bruit" I thought it said 'sans abris' = without shelter/homeless. Interesting one but I do know homelessness is very common in France, especially in Paris.
    Would like to hear other's views on this one?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 doorknob_opener

Answers bold and underlined.

I heard yesterday afternoon too...

Said that too. That surely would have been too ironic if she was talkin about not payin attention. Sure thats what lost her her bag in the first place, the stupid b*tch!

Wasn't too sure about the famous cartable question in section 5 part (i). I said exactly "School equipment in a case" Should get 3 out of five anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It was definitely sans-abri in the Lotto question.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

K4t wrote: »
    Would like to hear other's views on this one?!
    I'm 90% sure I heard sans abris too. Unfortunately I didn't know what it meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I'm 90% sure I heard sans abris too. Unfortunately I didn't know what it meant.

Homeless I think? I remembered on the third hearing :)

Yeah cartable means schoolbag I think?
    And it was definitley sans-abri, homeless people!

• Advertisement

Ah I see! I'd love to know what I got in the oral, thats the only thing I can never tell how it went! Definitly do that well anyway! Well done you!

Advertisement