Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher level Francais

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Yup same here, I was very happy with the paper and glad I didn't drop to pass this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Hadn't a clue what cartable meant, I just said "400 boxes full of school material".

I was really happy with the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I thought cartables were copies, hmmmm, crap I said school euqipement and copies. where did your one leave her bag and what was she talking to her collete about??

I did crap. it was a nice paper though if you're able to do french, but I'm just awful. hopefully the comprehensions and listening will save me

She left the bag on the ground beside the wall and she was talking to Collette about Collette's brother's wedding.

That listening was ridiculously easy. My examiner told me she had to look back at the cd to make sure it wasn't the junior cert one!
    Spent most of the repeats looking between my watch and the window...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Add me to the list of people who thought cartable was a map!:p

Lovely paper though. probably my favorite since the exams began. It seemed far easier than previous years tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

carte is map, that's why haha
    I got all confused and wrote bags of school supplies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Would you get any marks if you just wrote she put her bag on the ground?I know it said where exactly but would you get sympathy marks?

also for the tatoo question I know the first one was that it coincided with his personality but what was the second one...I wrote it represented what how he spent his life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

symbolised the time he spent in the water which is correct! ^^^^^

poisonated wrote: »
    Would you get any marks if you just wrote she put her bag on the ground?I know it said where exactly but would you get sympathy marks?

also for the tatoo question I know the first one was that it coincided with his personality but what was the second one...I wrote it represented what how he spent his life?

It was that it symbolised the way he spent most of his life in the water..

Close!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

Did anyone get the one about what was in the handbag?? Hated that one, other than that dou the listening was ok,, the written was lovely aswell wasnt it??:):)
    So happy to have it finished but.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

those comprehensions were so easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭XboxHero

:) So happy cos I want an A1.

A golden watch was in her bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

XboxHero wrote: »
    :) So happy cos I want an A1.

A golden watch was in her bag.

Em, i said bank account! :D

Made no sense but i though i heard of something being opened so was like a bank account for sure.

After all not everyone has a bank account in their handbags ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

what time was she at the café at?why didn't her father accept the cheque?who did the girl give her old phones to?what did the swimmer hate thinking about on monday nights?why put reduced michelle's nerves about the incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

meathawk wrote: »
    what time was she at the café at?why didn't her father accept the cheque?who did the girl give her old phones to?what did the swimmer hate thinking about on monday nights?why put reduced michelle's nerves about the incident?

16:40

I said he hasd enough money (could be wrong)

She threw them in the bin

Resting for the week

Call the cafe, ask if they found it where she had it (also could be wrong)

What was the answer for the multiple chioce question in the first comprehension (the couple on the island)? Two of the options were 'they work very hard all day' and 'it's not suitble for kids', but I thought it said both in the comprehension. Or did I read one wrong?

meathawk wrote: »

Can't really remember,pretty sure twas 14.30.
    Because he said he didn't need it and he already had his pension.
    If you mean the third one,she put them into a drawer in her bedroom,but from now on she's going to throw them straight in the bin.
    He hated thinking about the rest of the week.
    Don't understand the last one,who's Michelle??
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

Very nice! :) The last bit of the aural, i thought cartable was map, but I knew I was wronf because why would they be giving maps to kids affected by a tornado?! :pac: And I found out it meant school bag! Otherwise, it went fantastic! Now, I have until monday to study physics. Sweet!

Did the exact same thing! Carte is map and cartable is schoolbag. Even if you said bag im pretty sure you will have to mention that they were full of school supplies!

One of my friends asked me what the answer was when I was leaving-told him maps and he wrote it down! just goes to show you that coppying gets you nowhere!!

The Tape was like something out of the Junior Cert. The 2 comprehensions were the 2 easiest ones ive ever done and the written qs were pretty easy too.

Did anyone catch where in her room the girl left her old phones in the first section. didnt know the word she said!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I said a watch she got for her 18th birthday was in her handbag...would I get most of the marks for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    16:40

I said he hasd enough money (could be wrong)

She threw them in the bin

Resting for the week

Call the cafe, ask if they found it where she had it (also could be wrong)

Could sworn the time was 14:30. She said quatorz heures trente

Zonda999 wrote: »

I am pretty sure you're right, that's what I heard too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

Even though I put down 14:30 ie 24hr system for some reason I put down pm as well...just to make sure!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I knew cartable wasn't a map and that it was school related(vaguely recognised it from the 1st year book) but couldn't remember exactly what it was, so I said 400 desks :p
    I said the swimmer hates monday nights because of the thought of staying in all week?
    Didn't get the time the hostages were released either, or where the bag was, I said beside her?

Think I got everything else right in the listening.

Pretty sure I got all of the comprehensions right, found them so so easy. Writtens were grand overall, I didn't use any complicated french(bar one si clause) but I think about 95% of it was gramatically correct and relevant to the topic, that's ok isn't it? Will I be docked much?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

oh so i didn't do too badly then i just got the schoolbag one wrong and where the bag was and the thing about colletes brother.I said she had a watch in her bag that she had gotten for her birthday recently.Is that wrong?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Woo! The easiest french exam ever :P Normally I suck at aural but I'm pretty sure I got nearly all of that - except the schoolbags (I wrote 400 cartables lol) and where the crazy girl left her bag... I said beside the furniture (I could have sworn I heard meuble :P) The comprehensions were simple and the written pieces were pretty accessible I thought! Now if only my oral hadn't been so woeful I'd be certain of an A *sigh*:o

Zonda999 wrote: »

Could have been, can't remember tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭XboxHero

SECTION 1.

Had her mobile for 3 days.
    Shops recycle mobiles.
    She used to leave them in her bedroom.
    Now she throws them in the bin.

SECTION 2.

He trains for 4 hours in the pool each day.
    On Mondays he dislikes thinking about the rest of the week.
    French people now go to watch them train.
    His popularity means he has no private life, everyone recognises him and beeps at him in the street.
    He likes his shark tattoo cos is corresponds with his personality, and symbolises all the time he spends in the water.

SECTION 3.

She was in the Café at 2.30pm.
    She put her handbag on the floor beside her.
    There was a golden watch in her handbag.
    She was afraid she'd have to tell her mother she lost her 18th bday present.
    Fabien says someone probably found it where she left it, so she should ring the café.
    She spoke to Collette about not paying attention to things..?

SECTION 4.

She was in a nightclub.
    She gave money to an organisation for the homeless.
    Her father had enough money.
    She's not extravagant cos she doesn't go on exotic holidays every year & prefers 3 star hotels.
    She thinks the economic crisis is very serious, and hopes that it will improve itself soon.

SECTION 5.

Carrfour donated bags of school supplies to the children.
    The hijackers surrendered yesterday evening..?
    Motorists who fail to use indicators will get a €25 fine & 3 penalty points on their drivers licence.

Hopefully I did well:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

XboxHero wrote: »
    SECTION 1.

Had her mobile for 3 days. ya
    Shops recycle mobiles.ya
    She used to leave them in her bedroom.ya
    Now she throws them in the bin.ya

SECTION 2.

He trains for 4 hours in the pool each day.ya
    On Mondays he dislikes thinking about the rest of the week.
    ( i got thinking about the rest of the swimming..:()

French people now go to watch them train.( i said they never used to stay up and watch they do now)

His popularity means he has no private life, everyone recognises him and beeps at him in the street.ya

He likes his shark tattoo cos is corresponds with his personality, ya and symbolises all the time he spends in the water.(didnt get the 2nd one)

SECTION 3.

She was in the Café at 2.30pm.:D14.30
    She put her handbag on the floor beside her.i said in the cafe -___- lol:(
    There was a golden watch in her handbag. i just said a watch:D
    She was afraid she'd have to tell her mother she lost her 18th bday present.:D
    Fabien says someone probably found it where she left it, so she should ring the café.:D
    She spoke to Collette about not paying attention to things..? i said collette 's bro's marriage ( wedding)

SECTION 4.

She was in a nightclub. i said party
    She gave money to an organisation for the homeless. i said gave money away
    Her father had enough money.:D, i said he doesn't need it
    She's not extravagant cos she doesn't go on exotic holidays every year & prefers 3 star hotels.:D and do not travail 1st class
    She thinks the economic crisis is very serious, and hopes that it will improve itself soon.:D

SECTION 5.

Carrfour donated bags of school supplies to the children.lol ..i got that wrong
    The hijackers surrendered yesterday evening..? yesterday afternoon
    Motorists who fail to use indicators will get a €25 fine & 3 penalty points on their drivers licence.:D

Hopefully I did well:rolleyes:

overall a nice paper, i d usually fail tape...i thinkk i got a B in it this time...
    wow, i was never good at french, this paper is nice enough...i hope for B3 ....

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

I'm repeating and got an A1 in French last year but now I'm not so confident as it was so riduculously easy that the marking scheme is gonna be really tough!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

a very nice paper!!
    But didn't get the 2nd comprehension or the first essay finished:rolleyes:
    But got everything eles done!:D
    I'm hoping for a B:)

LOVED the tape!! So freaken easy!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Thought that was a brilliant paper. Did really well in the comprehensions and pretty good in the written. Them the aural was easy too and to top if all off, they had a section on my hero Alain Bernard:D

Advertisement