Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

i got garda clearance in last job do i have to get it for every time?

Yes.

It is ridiculous, and I had a lengthy discussion about this in work today as it is a pain. But yes, the company will send you the form for you to fill in your details etc. As for what JustMary said above, I can't vouch, but be prepared to wait, as most companies now will not let you start without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

A friend emailed me this vacancy. Hope it suits someone

This job vacancy has come up at Buy.com in Galway if you know anyone who might be interested...

Role: Marketing and Merchandising Associate

Overview

Buy.com, the Internet Superstore, is expanding into European markets and we’re building the team to spearhead this effort. We are seeking a Marketing and Merchandising Associate to execute specific marketing initiatives on Buy.com’s websites and to develop the company’s marketing programs.

The successful candidate will be responsible for running various B2C marketing campaigns and channels for the company including affiliates, SEM and SEO. Additionally, he/she will support vendor initiatives across the various target markets by managing online merchandising for the company’s international sites – this will include selecting which products to feature, creating custom landing pages, implementing themed promotions, and liaising with partners to create unique online shopping experiences that communicate key brand messages.

Experience, qualifications, and requirements

* Must be fluent in English and German; French a major plus
    * Focused and motivated with ability to multi-task
    * Marketing degree or 1+ years of online marketing experience
    * Experience running large-scale consumer SEM program
    * Has developed and maintained a successful online affiliate program
    * Some html programming skills a plus; must be creative
    * Excellent communicator; able to manage key business relationships and communicate effectively with partners and colleagues
    * Responsible for site merchandising of retail sites in multiple languages
    * Recruit and develop major affiliate marketing partners
    * Work directly with marketing partners to develop online marketing reach in target markets and execute campaigns
    * Work with colleagues to Implement online merchandising programs to support promotions with partners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Jobs.ie's Galway section is a joke at the moment. Theres about 3 non-agency, non- promotional jobs going in Galway. Nothing part-time either.

I've handed in 50 cv's at the moment to mainly restaurants, hotels and retail establishments. Got two interviews out of that and nothing. In each interview they had a stack of about 50-60 cv's too. I've three years hotel experience which I thought would stand me well in a hospitality job but apparently not.

If anyone knows of anyone looking for staff (weekend focused but can be flexible) please PM me. I'm a 19 year old student, just trying to get a break really!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

I need to find a domestic cleaner in Galway city. Anyone got any recommendations?
    Looking for references for someone reliable, honest and thorough. Half day once a week.
    Going rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 moyvilla1

We use a Brazilian woman who is based in Oranmore. Very good, with us now about 4 years. Does all my ironing aswell. Going rate is €10 per hour. Only snag is you might have to collect her. Let me know if you want more details.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

32 jobs are to created in the sensitive area of Bras. This will involve review, advice and providing support. I'm sure many of the unemployed male species would be delighted to apply. They're looking to fill marketing and management positions nationwide. www.bras.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

snubbleste wrote: »
    32 jobs are to created in the sensitive area of Bras. This will involve review, advice and providing support.

Yes, i'd imagine it does.

Still, an uplifting career opportunity for someone.

snubbleste wrote: »
    32 jobs are to created in the sensitive area of Bras. This will involve review, advice and providing support. I'm sure many of the unemployed male species would be delighted to apply. They're looking to fill marketing and management positions nationwide. www.bras.ie

Who the heck would waste their time making a website for this? I'm assuming it's a pisstake...bras.ie??

I know TKMaxx were taking applications for Xmas staff, as were HMV (online only and you've to go thru a filter test first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oh no Ms. Pennyworth, these are real jobs for real people, the firm is based in Eyre Square. Just because a minister hasn't come running with a shovel to announce them ..

"After completing their first project together, our founders Niall Murphy and Will Mallard needed a business name and a friend asked them what services the business would be offering...their reply started: Business Review, Advice, Support and he interrupted laughing “B, R, A, S...bras call it bras!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,844 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahh, yeah, 32 jobs. That's quite a few for one hit. What are they doing, door-to-door selling to "business advice"? Sorry, but this one smells fishy to me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭trepasers

Hi
    Just wondering how I would go about finding a part time job for weekends (I am 16 years old.....)
    Any help appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Just one tip, Spell check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i hate to be negative, but unless you or your parents know someone with a shop or something you're not going to find much.

This is a landmine for jokes here but:

http://www.galwaybayonice.com/jobs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

You would probably be looking at delivery, deli jobs because there is feck all else out there.
    Keep an eye on this website
    http://www.parttimejobs.ie/index.php?k=&l=Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Try any retail place. They'll want staff for Christmas and may not have hired everyone they need yet what with employers tightening their belts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

Hey guys,

Wired Gaming is looking for part time staff (see the reopening thread here).

The hours are 1pm to 10pm, two or three days a week. Weekdays are essential, so anyone interested in applying will have to be free during the week.

Send an email, along with your CV, to apply@wiredgaming.eu.

Thank you,

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

This is a landmine for jokes here but:

http://www.galwaybayonice.com/jobs.html

They certainly keep the ambulance drivers in a job thats for sure

Next are looking for seasonal staff. Apply on their site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

trepasers wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering how I would go about finding a part time job for weekends (I am 16 years old.....)
    Any help appreciated!!

Make sure your CV has no spelling mistakes.

Pester people, by that i mean be committed to your job search. It worked for me getting bar work years ago. Easier to give me a job than have to keep dealing with me calling in asking for work.

If you've time on your hands and aren't working why not do a bit of volunteering somewhere, at least you'll get something to put on your cv and might even meet someone who knows someone with a job.

For example volunteer in a charity shop & you'll have retail experience for your cv.

When ever you go looking for a job, make sure you're clean and neatly dressed, first impressions last.

Try and call into places when the person in charge isn't too busy and has time for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

I see that fibbers has a sign up for staff!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Fibbers & Kennedys are looking for full-time and part-time bar staff, must have two years experience in a bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

Shanley wrote: »
    Fibbers & Kennedys are looking for full-time and part-time bar staff, must have two years experience in a bar

Does anybody know how I go about applying for these? Just hand a CV in i suppose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Happy Days, part-time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Twilighter wrote: »
    Does anybody know how I go about applying for these? Just hand a CV in i suppose?

Call in after 5pm (good chance manager will be there then)
    Ask to see the manager, if your lucky you will get a chance to sell yourself
    Be bright, cheerful and enthusiastic, but dont over do it.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Persistence is the key to getting jobs I find.

Large chains you just have to hope but small businesses, pester power works well it seems.

alibabba wrote: »
    Call in after 5pm (good chance manager will be there then)
    Ask to see the manager, if your lucky you will get a chance to sell yourself
    Be bright, cheerful and enthusiastic, but dont over do it.

Good Luck

Thanks, I'm only 17. I was just wondering if anybody knew if it's possible to get a job in bar at my age?
    Do I have to be 18?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You won't get a bar job until you're 18, unless it's as a glass boy/waiter.
    No serving alcohol though. This is good as you won't get pressured by your 17yo peers to serve them, and lose your job.

• Advertisement

That's annoying considering I have years of experience working in my parents pub.. grrr.
    Thanks though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement