Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O-x-e-g-e-n (yes we can talk about this again)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Update on my Oxegen-ess:
    I am going fo'sho, for one day minimum.
    Went to the doctors, I'm on some antibiotics but I'm grand. Apparently I'm not supposed to drink (LOL) but sure we'll see!

Probably heading up from the Friday onwards!

I'll be the one covered in mud, drinkin' way too much Light beers (Bud Lite nyom nyom nyommmm) surrounded my men (Only because I'm heading up with a load of chaparoonies, no other girls. Typical of my life! Also, I was in an all- boy's school this year soooo.... even though I'm not heading up with those chaps, the only other people I'll know up there are, you guessed it, male) wearing ridiculously inappropriate dresses and various pairs of funky wellies.

See y'all there (Except you Fad. I'm sure you don't even know what I look like :P)

Oh yeah- And go see Villagers. For the love of JEEBUS, go see Villagers.
    I'll be chilling at that fo'sho. IMRO Stage, Sunday. About 9-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

bythewoods wrote: »
    Update on my Oxegen-ess:
    I am going fo'sho, for one day minimum.
    Went to the doctors, I'm on some antibiotics but I'm grand. Apparently I'm not supposed to drink (LOL) but sure we'll see!

Probably heading up from the Friday onwards!

I'll be the one covered in mud, drinkin' way too much Light beers (Bud Lite nyom nyom nyommmm) surrounded my men (Only because I'm heading up with a load of chaparoonies, no other girls. Typical of my life! Also, I was in an all- boy's school this year soooo.... even though I'm not heading up with those chaps, the only other people I'll know up there are, you guessed it, male) wearing ridiculously inappropriate dresses and various pairs of funky wellies.

See y'all there (Except you Fad. I'm sure you don't even know what I look like :P)

Oh yeah- And go see Villagers. For the love of JEEBUS, go see Villagers.
    I'll be chilling at that fo'sho. IMRO Stage, Sunday. About 9-ish.

Havent a fúcking clue.......:p Send me a text whenever you get up, you're coming to NIN RIGHT!? (Probably not.......)

Looking at NIN setlists for the last few festival shows they played, if we get anything like the Rosklide one I'll wet myself!

Everyone go to Heathers at 20:30 on Friday, theyre absolutely brilliant

Fad wrote: »
    Havent a fúcking clue.......:p Send me a text whenever you get up, you're coming to NIN RIGHT!? (Probably not.......)

Looking at NIN setlists for the last few festival shows they played, if we get anything like the Rosklide one I'll wet myself!

None of the Sunday night headliners really appeal to me (Apart from.. Villagers. Don't actually think they're headlining. But yessss) so I may well end up at NIN. Just going to, y'know, follow the oul' crowd.
    Although if you're just going to be there, urinating all over yourself I might have to avoid them. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

None of the Sunday night headliners really appeal to me (Apart from.. Villagers. Don't actually think they're headlining. But yessss) so I may well end up at NIN. Just going to, y'know, follow the oul' crowd.
    Although if you're just going to be there, urinating all over yourself I might have to avoid them. :P

That is an excellent point. Doubt we're gonna get a 21 song set list though, so dont worry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Sorry if someone's asked this already...

Do they check your bags if you're under 18 to see if you have drink with you?? Not that I'd...ahem...be bringing any...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

1fahy4 wrote: »

Do they check your bags if you're under 18 to see if you have drink with you?? Not that I'd...ahem...be bringing any...:o
    I really doubt it! I've been going since im 18, looked younger then but not anymore and i never even got asked for id. Don't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

1fahy4 wrote: »

Nah they won't care at all, as long as you've no glass bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Really must sort out my drink tomorrow, it may be needed over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Also, I was in an all- boy's school this year soooo....

I don't mean to pry... but an all boys school? And your a female of the species? How did that happen? And more importantly, how did you survive??

Just down from my attic, god I'm disorganised.
    I really love my bright orange sleeping bag though!

I don't mean to pry... but an all boys school? And your a female of the species? How did that happen? And more importantly, how did you survive??

Cut my hair really short and let on I was male. Or not...
    Female repeats were allowed. Odd things happen down in the shticks. Amazing ratios.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Anyone know where the buses from parnell square leave people in the campsite? Is it near the red/blue camp or somewhere totally different? Sorting out transport and such is turning out to be such a nightmare! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OK, I FINALLY got lifts sorted, I'm being dropped to the park and ride bus thing on Friday morning. Now I need to get off my arse and go to lidl...

Cut my hair really short and let on I was male. Or not...
    Female repeats were allowed. Odd things happen down in the shticks. Amazing ratios.

Ah i see, didn't realize that! The only "repeat" we had in our year was a 40 year old man who showed up for the irish exam, took the higher level papers, did paper 2 in about an hour and looked at everyone else as if they were the stupidest people on the planet.

Found a backpacking bag! SCORE!! That should make carrying my beer slightly easier...

Fad wrote: »
    That is an excellent point. Doubt we're gonna get a 21 song set list though, so dont worry :)

Just listened to NIN (For the first time ever...)
    REALLLLLLLY not my thing.
    I actually lol'd.
    You big emo, you.

I'd almost prefer The feckin' Killers :P
    (They've a song about me, kind of... Maybe a little fitting? I was a friend of yours? Maybe not so much now that I've insulted your terrible music tastes :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just listened to NIN (For the first time ever...)
    REALLLLLLLY not my thing.
    I actually lol'd.
    You big emo, you.

I'd almost prefer The feckin' Killers :P
    (They've a song about me, kind of... Maybe a little fitting? I was a friend of yours? Maybe not so much now that I've insulted your terrible music tastes :P)
    I knew youd never listened to them before.
    You were a little too cheery about possibly seeing them :P

I won't be there for the killers... However i saw them in marley park last year, they are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I won't be there for the killers... However i saw them in marley park last year, they are quite good.
    I thought they were shite in Marley Park and they wern't great a couple of years ago at Oxegen either.And I actually do enjoy listening to them

I used to like them. Before I was this cool (And full of music snobbery :P) I saw them in the RDS like, 2 years ago or something.
    Had a great oul' time.
    In fairness, the first album wasn't a disaster.
    I also saw them in Belfast.

However, I'd rather go see like.. IdunnoLike, Manic Street Preachers or something. Even though I've seen them before, and they are rather ****e.

Oh yeah, best of luck in your Driving Test! Fair play for actually... following through with that whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

think i have nearly everything packed now...just gotta load up the car :P

I used to like them. Before I was this cool (And full of music snobbery :P) I saw them in the RDS like, 2 years ago or something.
    Had a great oul' time.
    In fairness, the first album wasn't a disaster.
    I also saw them in Belfast.

However, I'd rather go see like.. IdunnoLike, Manic Street Preachers or something. Even though I've seen them before, and they are rather ****e.

Oh yeah, best of luck in your Driving Test! Fair play for actually... following through with that whole thing.

I hold myself as a bit of a music snob but i still listen to them the odd time when i'm in the mood for something uplifting!

Cheers, your gonna see me on monday morning stumbling around with a can in my hand muttering "****, ****, gah f my life" though. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh Jaysus packing completely slipped my mind...

Could I just go in a poncho, wellies and a smile? I just bought my vodka (Putinoff anybody?)

Anyone know where the buses from parnell square leave people in the campsite? Is it near the red/blue camp or somewhere totally different? Sorting out transport and such is turning out to be such a nightmare! :(
    As far as I remember the bus leaves you at the main gate, from there you'll walk around and onto a long stretch, then on the left will be the plastic walkway for the blue and straight ahead there'll be a walkway to the red, they're pretty much the same distance from the main gate!

phasers wrote: »
    (Putinoff anybody?)

Putinoff... That name makes me sick.

At Oxegen '07 I think it was, I drank one litre of that death-juice in under 10 minutes. I still can't remember 8 hours (8 hours in which I was apparently wandering around the Oxegen site alone) of my life, and I missed every band that played on the Sunday. I also lost my ability to speak.

Go easy with that renamed paint-thinners.

Putinoff... That name makes me sick.

At Oxegen '07 I think it was, I drank one litre of that death-juice in under 10 minutes. I still can't remember 8 hours (8 hours in which I was apparently wandering around the Oxegen site alone) of my life, and I missed every band that played on the Sunday. I also lost my ability to speak.

Go easy with that renamed paint-thinners.
    Tis what Oxy is all about though!!!
    I like to think of it as my "Free For All Weekend" I can do whatever the hell I like and when I come home herself cant get annoyed at me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

made a playlist on youtube with about 3 songs from each act i want to see at oxegen - can't f'ing wait !

i wish i could realistically expect to see everyone i want to see :( - only 2 of them clash, but still., if im lucky il see 50% of them..
    as long as i see blur, kings of leon, and ocean colour scene i suppose im happy ish.. :)

PlayGirl wrote: »
    made a playlist on youtube with about 3 songs from each act i want to see at oxegen - can't f'ing wait !

i wish i could realistically expect to see everyone i want to see :( - only 2 of them clash, but still., if im lucky il see 50% of them..
    as long as i see blur, kings of leon, and ocean colour scene i suppose im happy ish.. :)
    And if ya see 50% of those you're doing VERY well!!! :D

For some reason I only ever see all the bands I like on Sunday!!! Even though I'm just as drunk as I am on every other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    And if ya see 50% of those you're doing VERY well!!! :D

For some reason I only ever see all the bands I like on Sunday!!! Even though I'm just as drunk as I am on every other day!

well i have a list of about 17 acts i want to see.. but those 3 are my top priority's ;)

PlayGirl wrote: »
    well i have a list of about 17 acts i want to see.. but those 3 are my top priority's ;)
    I have about 10 I wanna see, if I see 1 i'll consider myself lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

is its a good idea because i am going with my gf but we have only bane going out for the last weak so is it a good idea ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

camero wrote: »
    is its a good idea because i am going with my gf but we have only bane going out for the last weak so is it a good idea ?

Say what?

Being a physic im guessing your saying is it wise to bring a condom. Answer being yes. Riding her in the tents though that's another question altogether.

Advertisement