Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O-x-e-g-e-n (yes we can talk about this again)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

kateos2 wrote: »
    damn.. that means mud for the weekend depending how heavy/how sunny the rest is :( would much prefer it rained on sunday or not at all of course

At least its another 5days away so the weather might hopefully change for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Vain wrote: »
    Its ment to be raining on Friday but will be dry for Saturday and Sunday.

Apparently, though if it's raining all week then it doesn't matter if the sun is splitting the rocks on friday through to sunday, it's still gonna be a mudfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Steviewonder

karlog wrote: »
    Tickets too damn expensive this year not worth it. I'd only go if i could get in for free which alot of people end up doing.......easily

Tickets are for chumps:D

How could ya get in for free? hop the fences !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Tunnel my friend, straight under someones tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

A bus of people from around my neck o' the woods organised a break in bus last year...
    About 15/20 of them all got in by just hopping the fences or something :rolleyes:

Ha, wouldn't risk it myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Loads of people from Naas and Kilcullen sneak in every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

how much money is everyone bringing into oxegen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

probably about €50. I'm bringing drink and food, and am not buying stupid merchandise, so the money is only for if I fancy chips or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yeah i'll probably bring about €50 too. bringing food and drink, then we're planning to get the shuttle bus to naas each morning to get breakfast, then i know people who are selling hotdogs and they said they'd give us some for free. :D

ahhh im so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Just realised Imodium tablets might be an idea......

Really should sort out the rest of my stuff too!

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    Just realised Imodium tablets might be an idea......

!

Think I'll stay away from your bowel-y self for the weeknd so :P

I currently have 90 euro... I have yet to buy beer, i have a driving lesson on wednesday, that's 40 euro, and i'll probably get a day and a half of work in... Hmmm... If i have 50 for oxegen i'll be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

bythewoods wrote: »
    Think I'll stay away from your bowel-y self for the weeknd so :P

Yes I have bowels :D

More a reference as a remedy to the dodgy food thing.

Bring something for heartburn (if you ever get it at all), you'll be damn glad of it towards the end of the weekend. Something like Labello too, dehydration can destroy your lips, and it becomes very painful.

I wish I had tickets for this year... I've been camping there twice before ('06 and '07) but I kind of wish I had tickets for this year. I've two Sunday/Sunday-night-camping tickets sitting in my drawer that I won on 2FM, but they're a bit crap, really...

I only spent about €30 up there last year I think.
    Maybe not even.
    You should all be grand with €50

Fad wrote: »
    Yes I have bowels :D

More a reference as a remedy to the dodgy food thing.

The food isn't actually THAT bad up there.
    Like, there's a Centra in the red campsite and stuff, so you can like..buy fruit. I'd say.

I actually got quite a nice tofu-thingy up there last year.
    Well, not nice. But not... excessively stomach churningly bad.

I wish I had tickets for this year... I've been camping there twice before ('06 and '07) but I kind of wish I had tickets for this year. I've two Sunday/Sunday-night-camping tickets sitting in my drawer that I won on 2FM, but they're a bit crap, really...

Gah, you're lucky.
    I hope you're not going to waste them? That'd be woeful.

bythewoods wrote: »
    Gah, you're lucky.
    I hope you're not going to waste them? That'd be woeful.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to go or not yet. It's a long trip up from Galway to stay there for one night. I might head up and crash in one of my friends tents, it wouldn't really be worth setting a tent up on the Sunday morning...

I'll have to decide soon, otherwise they'll be going to somebody who'd enjoy them.

Oh, and by the way, I hate 2FM! I won the tickets about two weeks ago, and when I won them I was told over the radio that they were full 4 day camping tickets; so, I was pretty damn happy. Then when 2FM rang me they told me they were one night camping, which was a bit of a let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Anybody know how often buses go into Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I currently have 90 euro... I have yet to buy beer, i have a driving lesson on wednesday, that's 40 euro, and i'll probably get a day and a half of work in... Hmmm... If i have 50 for oxegen i'll be lucky.
    Slab of Aldi cider for 30 euro.Awesome.

Where are the ponchos? I must have a poncho!

I can't find them anywhere... I wanted a cool patterned one but now it's looking like I'll have to wear a really ugly one and look like a walking tent...

phasers wrote: »
    Where are the ponchos? I must have a poncho!

I can't find them anywhere... I wanted a cool patterned one but now it's looking like I'll have to wear a really ugly one and look like a walking tent...

I got one in Euro 2 store for two euro. It looks like a orange cone and smells like plastic but want you going to do:D

• Advertisement

I got one in Euro 2 store for two euro. It looks like a orange cone and smells like plastic but want you going to do:D
    That sounds great! I can add some glitter for that price, and maybe a few rhinestones ;)

I must have a proper look in the €2 shop tomorrow, I only really had a quick glance last time on my way to buy hats in Tesco

phasers wrote: »
    That sounds great! I can add some glitter for that price, and maybe a few rhinestones ;)

I must have a proper look in the €2 shop tomorrow, I only really had a quick glance last time on my way to buy hats in Tesco

The 2euro shop does cowboy hats too:D Great shop for stuff for oxegen.

The 2euro shop does cowboy hats too:D Great shop for stuff for oxegen.
    YES! I've found my Mecca

Already got this posted over in gigs and events but will post it here 2 so more people will see it.

Ground looks wet and muddy :(

Apparently Tecso (wicklow anyway) are doing any 4 cans for €7 :eek:

I know where i'll be headin tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Apparently Tecso (wicklow anyway) are doing any 4 cans for €7 :eek:

I know where i'll be headin tomorrow!!

Not a great deal at all imo!

1.75 a can, what's not to like?

1.75 a can, what's not to like?
    Well I got 24 cans for €26, which works out at just over €1 a can, in Tesco too actually. And considering a can of Miller is usually €1.75 and Heineken isn't much more I don't see anything special in 4 cans for €7! And I usually pick up 6 cans for €8 most weekends too so unless it's really expensive cider you're getting or something I don't think it's a great deal!

Wait wait wait, 24 for €26?? What beer? Please don't say Dutch Gold...

• Advertisement

It was Bavaria, I know it's not the best of stuff but I think it's grand! Best of the cheaper beers I think. For €26 you can't go wrong.

Advertisement