Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O-x-e-g-e-n (yes we can talk about this again)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I got 24 cans of Heineken for €29.99 in supervalue a few weeks back. €1.25 a can for Heineken is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Jello wrote: »
    It was Bavaria, I know it's not the best of stuff but I think it's grand! Best of the cheaper beers I think. For €26 you can't go wrong.

Ye, Bavaria isn't the worst.. i just hate people who drink Dutch Gold... i know it's cheap, but surely you should enjoy your drink at the same time, not gulp it down whislt trying not to cringe.
    Vain wrote: »
    I got 24 cans of Heineken for €29.99 in supervalue a few weeks back. €1.25 a can for Heineken is very good.

Ugh... if onyl i had been paying attention.... Heineken is my beer of choice for oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Ye, Bavaria isn't the worst.. i just hate people who drink Dutch Gold... i know it's cheap, but surely you should enjoy your drink at the same time, not gulp it down whislt trying not to cringe
    Yeah it's fairly horrible stuff alright.

Annoyed I missed that Heineken offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I got 8 cans of Miller (Which is actually NICE) for €13 in Tesco today?
    Like, for beer that's actually nice, thought that was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Carolanne2x4

i was at oxegen 3 years running , just kinda got fed up of being mugged and drowned in ****e, but was good at the time!! Hope ye all have fun though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Miller is awful. In fact, all American beer is utter crap. Easy to drink, but not enjoyable.

I think Bavaria is very good, personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Anybody familiar with a drink called Galahad?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anybody familiar with a drink called Galahad?

That the cheap stuff for Aldi??Thinknig of getting that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

nope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hogan08

Oxegen,ew, cant believe im going
    :confused:

Bit of advice( from experience of course)
    DO NOT BRING TUBORG TO OXEGEN.
    I was never so sick after it , and I can drink with the best of them. If you actually look at it in a glass(as opposed to drinking out of the tin) it looks like bright yellow piss, and also tastes like it, not that i have ever tasted piss.
    Cheapest and most drinkable option is bavaria, or stella. But dont bring crates of drink with ya yer will die carrying them down to the campsite. What we did was get the boxes of wine and a bottle of jager and vodka and few shot glasses!! get one or two pints in the arena so u wont look liek a skanger and VOILÁ , Best weekend of yer lifes! so far, Mine was AC/DC last weekend, ROCK ON PUNCHESTOWN!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Soby wrote: »
    That the cheap stuff for Aldi??Thinknig of getting that

The very same... Its alright for 87c a can but it makes bits of your stomach.

Just be sure to actually buy cans, as opposed to bottles.

The amount of people who buy bottles and have them confiscated is mighty altoghether I'd imagine:P

Also, Miller is lovely!

See, I'm only a girl... so... I can't hack, y'know, the.. manly beers.
    I usually just stick with the oul' Coors Light/ Bud Lite... but Miller/ Corona are also... nice and easy. Just the way I like 'em.

On an aside, I'm having a freak attack currently as regards Oxegen.
    Earlier in the year (The week of my French Oral, conveniently enough) I fell rather ill... I am now presenting the same symptoms yet again. If I go to the Doctor, he'll send me to hospital. Probably for a few days. Thus, I will miss Oxegen.
    If I do not go to the Doctor, I can go to Oxegen. I'll be in considerable pain and, well, it'd be stupid, but I'd be at Oxegen.
    Naturally, I'm picking Option B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'd go with your health over Oxegen tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

Is it life threatening??

if youre probably gonna die, go to the doc...

if youre not... go to Oxegen...

loads of paramedics up there anyway if ya come close...ya can always leave early if youre on the way out!

then again, u could go out in a worse way then dying at oxegen, Rock out til the end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

What's the story with the bus going from parnell square? will there be much of a queue for the buses? How long do you think people will have to wait before they get on a bus? Also can you drink on the bus?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Go to the doctor ffs. It's just an overrated, overpriced music festival. There'll be plenty more opportunities in the future.

Oh and a bit of advice for anybody thinking of buying galahad. Don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

K4t wrote: »
    Go to the doctor ffs. It's just an overrated, overpriced music festival. There'll be plenty more opportunities in the future.

Oh and a bit of advice for anybody thinking of buying galahad. Don't.
    I think I'll go with Castlemain. 1 euro a can from supervalue and not a bad taste compared to other cheap beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Anybody know any cheap offers for Bud?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

then again, u could go out in a worse way then dying at oxegen, Rock out til the end!!
    Id rather die with a decent lineup tbh :P

What's the story with the bus going from parnell square? will there be much of a queue for the buses? How long do you think people will have to wait before they get on a bus? Also can you drink on the bus?:P

Depends on how early you get up to parnell sq(west by the way JUST IN CASE :P)
    Depends if the bus driver is a **** or not but in my experience they usually couldnt be bothered stopping people once there not creating a disturbance or wrecking the bus.
    we were waiting 4 hours to get there one year and were fairly hammered when we realised we had to walk 3 miles to the venue due to a water logged car park,the buses had nowhere to go!
    So bear that in mind if the weather is ****ty! Enjoy

Id rather die with a decent lineup tbh :P
    I was just saying it for impact of course. Line up isn't to great this year, hence Why I am not going :P!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I neeeeeed vodka, screw all you children and your beer :pac:

I'll have a lot of "water" with me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

bythewoods wrote: »
    Just be sure to actually buy cans, as opposed to bottles.

The amount of people who buy bottles and have them confiscated is mighty altoghether I'd imagine:P

I'm sure the security guards have some party when its over with all the drink they've confiscated!

And bythewoods....get that checked out, but seeing as its entirely your choice, if you do go to oxegen, tell your friends whats wrong so they can tell paramedics etc if its needed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

darragh-k wrote: »
    I'm sure the security guards have some party when its over with all the frink they've confiscated!

Yes indeed they would! Now... Just exactly how do you use this frink? Is it smokable?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yes indeed they would! Now... Just exactly how do you use this frink? Is it smokable?
    anal suppository

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

frink? I said drink! you just misquoted me:P

Advertisement