Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O-x-e-g-e-n (yes we can talk about this again)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Just back in the door.

Bythewoods was still dying from her hangover when I left :pac:

I myself was as sober as a judge last night* :D

Sunday was pretty insanely good.

*I did get some of Perry from Jane's Addiction's whiskey :D

And I could nearly smell Trent Reznor I was so close :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I came home last night after I was caught pocho-less in that one INSANE shower at around 10 past 7

It was pretty good, except that I learned that I hate camping and will never do it again.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds were so good, and the crowd was ridiculuously tiny because the stupid Kings of Stupid Leon were on at the same time.
    Pete Doherty and TV on the Radio were brilliant too.

Friendly Fires , Doves and Elbow were all good too, I was all over the place trying to see bits of everyone!

I missed Blur :pac: , I was so exhausted. But I could hear Keane from my tent so that counts.

I really really wanted to see Florence and the Machine but I had to get my lift at 8, did anybody see her? Was she good?

Also Ladyhawke and the Horrors cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

Nine inch nails (frontcenter :D) and the specials stole the show, Tv on the Radio on sat were my highlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Came back to mala at 10:15 this morning......... :) it was grand, hated the rain, totally unprepared for it, and the amount of scumbags around the place was SHOCKING i never knew it was that bad

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I went to Oxegen a couple of years back - just stayed in the field where they pitch the tents for you getting an airmatress and everything :D Much better craic that way and felt more secure anyway. No scumbags hanging around either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Not long back!

Quite an amazing weekend, rain did damage it quite a bit though! Saying that i was in blue camp behind xbox stage so was ona slight hill, not the complete blog i though it would have been!!

In fairness didnt see any burning or slashing either! Some little scummer robbed some of my drink on the saturday though :(

Fight likes apes; Epic
    Script; Strangely Good
    Kings; Good, had to leave early to get a power nap though, was falling sleepies
    Blur; Shockyingly bad i though
    Katy Perry; OMG i love her, amazing!!! (Amazing downpour of rain during last song caught me, i hadnt any wet gear :()
    Killers; Well im still hoarse, so wasdeadly! :D
    Theres a good few others i saw but couldnt be bothered going on about all of them!

I shall be back next year id hope, praying for nicer weather!
    Was anyne in tha mosh during the kings?! Where everyone fell over?! Classic it was! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I should ban you for liking Fight Like Apes -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

What about The Script, Kings of Leon, Katie Perry and The Killers? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dmullar

I thought it went really well, and it was my first time this year.

Blur were fantastic, was really tired at that stage though:(

God is and astronaut, M83, foals and passion pit were really good, and Felix da housecat was amazing!

I thought kings of leon were just meh, a lot of their older stuff which i was looking forward to hearing most was played much slower than usual for some reason:confused:, I was disappointed.....

Great weekend overall, shame about the weather on saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

just back, such a good weekend. even though i had to sleep in my car for sat and sun because out of the 5 of us, we had 3 tents and 2 collapsed and flooded. still had so much fun.

Jason Mraz was unreal. anybody else here go to him?
    James Morrison was really good too.
    Wasn't that impressed with Kings of Leon.
    Thought the Killers were great though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rochey_

wat up lad???ne one know why the game didnt show up?? ruined my weekend was looking forward to him so much, then was depressed when he was a no show,... :(:(:(:confused::(:(

haha to all you Kings of leon fans, should have come to Nick Cave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

got back a few mins ago!!

The Killers : my new fav band

Kings of Leon: love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katy Perry: she was amazing!!!!!!!! best act over the whole weekend!!! im in love with her!

Snow Patrol : they were savage

Script : actually alright i didnt really like them before hand but they are quite good

Calvin Harris: heard him perfectly from the tent he sounded good i wasnt really arsed to climb up to the arena at the time

Blizzards : i really like them now didnt really know much of their stuff before hand but they were good same goes for the caronas

Lady Gaga: UTTER ****E!! i didnt like her what was with that stupid slow rendition of pokerface?? it was ****e in fairness to her she improve when she finally played the real pokerface!! and tbh most of the time she talked and the backing track did more singing than her!!! i do like lady gaga its just she cant sing live!!!

Mods, can someone be banned for bad taste? (Or overuse of exclamation marks)
    :pac:

ignore me, I'm grumpy and tired

Rochey_ wrote: »
    wat up lad???ne one know why the game didnt show up?? ruined my weekend was looking forward to him so much, then was depressed when he was a no show,... :(:(:(:confused::(:(

He should have never been on the bill in the first place....
    phasers wrote: »
    haha to all you Kings of leon fans, should have come to Nick Cave!

I went to bed, I could hear Closer (Love the guitar in it) from my tent, that is more than enough KOL for me.

Was tempted to go to Nick Cave, but I was too tired (Queued 2 and a half hours to get into the pit for Bloc Party)

Lady Gaga: UTTER ****E!! i didnt like her what was with that stupid slow rendition of pokerface?? it was ****e in fairness to her she improve when she finally played the real pokerface!! and tbh most of the time she talked and the backing track did more singing than her!!! i do like lady gaga its just she cant sing live!!!

I have my reservations whether she can actually sing in any capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Piste wrote: »
    I should ban you for liking Fight Like Apes -_-

And i should write a strongly worded email to an admin for you not liking them :P

I missed them myself. Our tents were in R7 for the first night but for some reason our area became the get together spot for every drunk 15-17 year old in the red camp, thus we moved to R13 which was an absolutly brilliant place to camp, great people who could actually handle their beer.

I missed them myself. Our tents were in R7 for the first night but for some reason our area became the get together spot for every drunk 15-17 year old in the red camp, thus we moved to R13 which was an absolutly brilliant place to camp, great people who could actually handle their beer.

R12 here, maybe we saw each other? :pac:
    I loved being in the grown up part of Red, I even got a bit of sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rochey_

we were in r13 too... good spot.. no annoyin ppl der or no trouble was the place to be :)

Ah R13... It was like a chunk or paradise in the middle of a cesspool...

I got 3 hours of sleep the first night in R7 and the next 2 nights in R13 i got about 7-8 hours sleep each.

I thought the security was brilliant, gardai were ignorant *fuzzy noise* though. Everything seemed very well organized, stewards were very friendly and helpful too.

• Advertisement

I realise proper searching would be fairly impossible, but the amount of drugs on the campsite was absolutely unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just home, best weekend ever!!! No idea how the fcuk i got sunburned in all the rain, but how and ever....could well be worse!

/falls asleep on desk

(lady gaga is seriously on drugs of some sort)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

just got back from it best weakend in a long time
    got there on the Thursday and put up my tent was in the blue camp site then found out that my cousin was going up on Friday so he put up his tent be side my one .
    any way let me get on to the acts i got to see on the Friday
    dirty epics-great live bit off a let let with very faw there

the script-do not like then live I had to go see then because the gf and cousin wanted to see then
    snow patrol-great band put don't put on much of a show a bit show for then to get going
    keane-same as above

on the Saturday
    kings of leon-great band every thing was right with this show only thing which was wrong was there set list
    the saterdays- i like then maybe because they are all so sexy
    litte boots- great act she puts on a geart show
    bloc party- only there because the kings where on next but put on a good show

on the sunday
    the killers- great band this is my 4 time to see then thay naver get sick of there music
    you me at six-they where ok not a big fun off there music any way
    white lies- to me was the best show off the weakend
    katy perry-frist time to see her and i liked it was good in so many ways
    the thing things- 2nd time to see then geting bitter with each show

anyway was asked for my autograff about 300 times dont no why remanber do not go looking like you are in a band ok.
    got a interview of mtv by your one asking me about my music ?????? still dont no why i got asked this anyway lied my ass off so might see me on mtv soon got to go back stage as will great back there .
    i had a pear of rayband avaters on me with a nice jumper male skinny jeans and http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/mens_main_frameset.asp those boots and a nice hair style i must have looked like a vip anyway
    i will give it 8 out of 10 put pitty out the mud and rain

The Horrors cancelled didn't they?

The Horrors cancelled didn't they?
    they must have got some indie band to go on

camero wrote: »
    they must have got some indie band to go on
    No, there was nobody on in their timeslot, they just set up You Me at Six's set instead

was did not know that and i was there :confused::confused::confused::o

camero wrote: »
    was did not know that and i was there :confused::confused::confused::o
    Yeah cos I went to the o2 stage to see them and it said on the screen "The Horrors will not be performing, you me at six will play as normal" or something.

lol had a good night on saturday yeah? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Fad wrote: »
    I realise proper searching would be fairly impossible, but the amount of drugs on the campsite was absolutely unreal.

The amount of people I heard going on about their pills was as annoying as fawk. Fair enough with weed tbh but pills are just messed up imho. Friend actually came across a person doing cocaine in their tent.
    I was accused of being on something at numerous occasions but I was just sobre and not high. I guess I understand how unusual that looks there :D

• Advertisement

Yeah cos I went to the o2 stage to see them and it said on the screen "The Horrors will not be performing, you me at six will play as normal" or something.

lol had a good night on saturday yeah? :p
    ya it was a great weak end with more do you went music gf and geting interviewed from mtv :D:D:D:D and backstage

Advertisement