Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicitated Texts from Poker Rooms

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

ditpoker wrote: »
    cliff notes anyone?

- Macs complains about texts from it turns out The Poker Room
    - In retaliation, they ban him from their rooms and make up lies about his behaviour
    - Everyone on boards goes wtf? Macs is the most mild mannered person in Ireland, this is obviously a petty lie in retaliation, people say their business will suffer, Macs isn't impressed. Asks them to publically say what they're accusing him of.
    - They don't, opnion turns on them and they're told they wont get to use the best free advertising medium in Ireland for their business. They obviously didn't realise how foolish it was to accuse Macspower of all things of bad behaviour.
    - As if by miracle, an apology appears around the time it seems their business will suffer, without any real explanation of what they were talking about
    - Everyone's happy

That's about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Seems like this thread is done for now.

Macs - If you want right to reply thats fine, just PM one of the mods and we'll reopen it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

in before relock:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

YULETIRED wrote: »
    what's not to get here? :confused::confused:

I phrased that poorly alright. I think people get the idea though. Obviously some think an apology is all that's needed, I dont. Different strokes, I guess once Macs is happy then that's what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

I had this post ready to go earlier when the thread got locked... Too much work and copying and pasting went into it to delete it... SO here goes

Ok lets look at the whole senario again..

cliff notes you asked for?

Macs attends Poker Rooms in tallaght and celbridge he posts about his visits here and praises the club http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...poker+tallaght

Macs plays at boardsie night and get knocked out and returns home and praises the club here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055553835

He gets unwanted texts and replies asking to be removed from list
    he still gets them
    he posts here
    other boardsies also getting same texts
    Club owner notified by moderator
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The owner of the club in question has been informed about this thread. I would agree that a text every day is irritating - although notice about monthly games / special events would be appreciated.

Poker Room replies offering to remove number from list and apologies
    Hi,

I will happily remove anyone from the text list at your request, simply Pm me your number and the number that you have been receiving texts from.

Most people complain about lack of numbers at tournaments, In order for a new club to get numbers it has to get the message out there. A lot of people like the texts and get annoyed when they dont get them but we dont want to annoy people who don't want them.

So I am sorry If the texts have annoyed you but everyone who requests will be removed ASAP . As for sharing numbers it doesn't happen as far as I know. If your getting text you have signed up to the club and put down your text number its as simple as that.

Thanks Ross The Poker Room.

Macs thanks him here and sends him number by PM
    Macspower wrote: »
    Thanks for your PM Ross,

I have sent you my phone number to have it removed.

I hadn't mention your club in particular as I also get them from elsewhere and they havn't stopped as yet...but they are not as frequent as yours..

When I need to see whats on I'll take a look at your website.

SURELY THAT SHOULD AHVE BEEN THE END OF THE MATTER?

BUT NO..

Poker room ban Macs by PM
    WOW....

Just recieved a PM from The Poker Room informing me not to worry about recieving any more texts as I am barred from all his venues!!

thoughts?

THEN THE BIGGIE

Poker Room insinuates that Macspower has misbehaved in some way or cheated or something on more than one occassion.. this is totally unacceptable IMO
    Hi Paul,

The reason your banned is not due to this thread its due to your behaviour on several visits to both my rooms.

Will not go in to details on a public forum but I am sure you can guess.

Macs Calls them out on it and demands a retraction and apology

Many many boardsies get behind Macs and vouch for his character

some 7 hours later the poker room make this reply.. hardly a spur of the moment thing and still refuse to apologise or retract
    Not going to go into details, i will be happy to speak to Paul about it directly but as I said It wan't happen on a public forum.

With regard to texts we use a text service and if you reply to the text, the reply doesn't go to me. As an owner of a venue I am pretty visable and regularly post on boards giving my name and phone number. So If you wish to be removed from a list then please ask.

Also If you have posted on this thread with regard to receiveing unwanted text messages I have P.M'd everyone asking for their number so i can remove you.

I spent the weekend at the Red Cow when i went back to my car there was a flyer from another Card Club (I didn't ask for the flyer and I had to physically remove it) but I understand to have the great live poker scene that Ireland has, it has to have a competitive market in order to do that Card Clubs have to advertise.

Once again I am sorry if the text messages have offended you and if you wish to be removed please PM me with your name and number.

Our clubs do our very best to provide value for money and variety in the games we offer, We keep our promises and our business is transparent, over 1,000 players a week play in our clubs with a pretty high approval rating but lifes about choice and in the end it's up to you where you play.

People love to have a pop its the nature of the forum, that's ok.

A poker moderator comes on and gives the Poker Room an ultimatum.. accuse/apologise/retract or loose boards privilages
    As The Poker Room knows (or ought to know), one of the main rules for organisers and cardrooms that use boards to promote their events is that they have to answer any reasonable question asked of them by a boards member, Macspower has been very reasonable in his requests here, The Poker Room has stated publicly that they have barred Macspower "due to your behaviour on several visits to both my rooms".

Macspower has stated publicly that he would like these allegations clarified in this thread to give him an opportunity to clear his name and he deserves an answer or a retraction and an apology. If one or other isn't forthcoming The Poker Room will lose the privilege of using boards to promote their events and Card Rooms.

Ste05

Loads more boardises join the support and the Poker room looks destined to go the way of another poker club that took the 5th ammendment

Poker Room realises that loosing boards privilages could hurt them as could the whole senario and post apology.
    Sorry I was in the club until late this morning and just got to this now.

I just sent paul an apology, I over reacted and for that I am truly sorry.

Paul is welcome to any event that i run in the future.

Sometimes in life you make mistakes and over react and for that i am sorry. I have fully read this thread and have taken people's feedback on board.

I have also deleted all boardies from our texting lists and in future you will be given the option to opt in to getting texts and there will be a stop function on all texts we send.

Ross.

boardsies seem divided on the apology...

Personally Knowing Paul for many many years I knew there could be no thruth in the alligations but if I was a stranger on here reading the thread one might think "there is no smoke without fire"

It will be interesting to see if macs accepts the apology that was sent to him... although knowing him he is too nice of a guy not to..

IMO the apology is all well and good BUT and it is a big BUT they have commented on a good mans name in a public forum and an apology was forced from the mods and the mob.. the bare minimum was given to get back to post on boards.

NO retraction was made
    NO clearing of Macspowers good name

anyway I'm sure any decent boardsie will see the whole matter for what it is.

PS I have told Paul that the apology has been posted and he will be on soon to reply he says

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I phrased that poorly alright. I think people get the idea though. Obviously some think an apology is all that's needed, I dont. Different strokes, I guess once Macs is happy then that's what matters.

But it's not even about Macs himself really, it's that this has shown how they treat their paying customers. It's not a personal issue, it's how it reflects on the attitude of the people running the place. If Macspower had 2 posts on here and nobody knew who he was so the banning didn't get this reaction, call me crazy, but I don't think an apology would have been so quick to come. The issue here is the club banned a player for petty, infantile reasons, lied about the reasons so he'd seem the one to blame, got caught and is now backtracking because of the potential cost to the club and no other reason. If the apology was genuine it'd have come long ago, in their other post in this thread after the banning.

For me it's not whether he accepts the apology or not but how this has reflected on the people running the club and how they will treat paying customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

A poker moderator comes on and gives the Poker Room an ultimatum.. accuse/apologise/retract or loose boards privilages
    Just one item of clarification. I didn't offer them 3 options, I offered 2: (1) Clarify the accusations relating to Macspowers' "behaviour on several visits to both my rooms" in public, as requested; or (2) Retract the statement and apologise.

If Macspower is happy this has been done to his satisfaction, then it's fine by me and we can all move on, if not we can re-visit the issue and seek further clarification from The Poker Room.

Ste05

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

just to try go back slightly on topic :D am I the only one who didnt mind the reminder texts? they werent that bad FFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

thanks for opening this again for me guys..

Firstly let me say how overwhelmed I have been by the support of the people on this forum.. My PM box and my phone have been hopping with people offering support..

Many many thanks to you all..

Also thanks to the moderators for their excellent modding here..

Anyway
    Serious alligations were made against my character by the owner of a club. An apology was offered

when someone offers a handshake and an apology I am always the gentleman and take their hand immediately...

So apology accepted..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Ste05 wrote: »
    Just one item of clarification. I didn't offer them 3 options, I offered 2: (1) Clarify the accusations relating to Macspowers' "behaviour on several visits to both my rooms" in public, as requested; or (2) Retract the statement and apologise.

If Macspower is happy this has been done to his satisfaction, then it's fine by me and we can all move on, if not we can re-visit the issue and seek further clarification from The Poker Room.

Ste05

While I would also have preferred a retraction and apology I'm prepared to let it end here.

If the mods feel there is more to be answered to meet posting requirments feel free to ask away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

..... end of!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

ianmc38 wrote: »
    Popcorn pic?

popcorn_100000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

So apology accepted..
    I think that concludes this issue.

If The Poker Room wants to reply or post in the thread just PM a mod and we'll either post on your behalf or re-open the thread for you.

Ste05

Locked (again... :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Firstly let me say how overwhelmed I have been by the support of the people on this forum.. My PM box and my phone have been hopping with people offering support..
    I for one didnt send a PM, i hate those people who send unsolicited PMs. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Maybe its my immaturity showing but I really dont think an apology cuts it here. Yeah fair play for actually bothering to write a message of apology, no retraction or explanation of the accusations, because your hands were tied. Apology under duress.

I dont think its unreasonable to assume that someone who will, unprovoked and unneccessarily try and blemish a persons name will only apologise when he feels he has something to lose. The apology was pretty much a token gesture. Ridiculous.

Not good enough for me tbh but that doesnt matter. All that matters is macs accepted it and fair play to him too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement