Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicitated Texts from Poker Rooms

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

Macspower wrote: »
    I have just made this point with Lloyd.. some people have read his slanderous allegations before they were removed.. therefore I should be entitled to reply in the public forum...

here is his comment and my reply I was about to post before it got locked....

Mods There was an alligation in the public forum... I have every right to reply... nothing here breaking any rules...

here was my proposed reply..

Excuse me????????

I have made 1 visit to Celbridge with many of the good people on here and had a very enjoyable evening....

I have made several visits to your tallaght room when you were running the firday afternoon games but havn't visited in a while... I won a few times and was always made feel welcome by all your staff..

As most people on here would know me and know my "behaviour" in all poker clubs... I would be quite happy to discuss the matter in public forum since you have made these completely unfounded and unjustified accusations and I believe your comments have already placed a slur on my character by insinuation that something happened at your club??

I invite you to publically air your alligations so I can clear my good name to the poker community...

How about the time you kicked up a huge fuss because they wouldn't let you bring in your McDonalds Milkshake in tallaght ... was your behaviour acceptable then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ive heard you criticize the quality of coffee in poker rooms, could this be it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Mr Poker Room,

I have phoned your club and replied to the texts asking you to take me off your spam list.

I just got another text a minute ago.

<snip>

LOL just got a PM asking me to send my details to them again so that I can be removed.
    What a third rate mickey mouse setup!
    Any half way reputable business wouldn't have done this in the first place and would at least have an unsubscribe option with every text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lol, epic fail from pokerroom here. Great sequence of events tbh:

- Macs supposedly acts out of order in their clubs on numerous occasions
    - Pokerroom do nothing about it for awhile
    - Macs starts thread about spam texts from poker room
    - Insta ban for Macs.

Of course it completely unrelated though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Based on my limited amount of time playing with macs, i would find it highly unlikely that he would do anything 'negative' other than protest if some rules weren't being followed in a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mr Poker Room,

I have phoned your club and replied to the texts asking you to take me off your spam list.

I just got another text a minute ago.

<snip>

Edit:
    LOL just got a PM asking me to send my details to them again so that I can be removed.
    What a third rate mickey mouse setup!
    Any half way reputable business wouldn't have done this in the first place and would at least have an unsubscribe option with every text.

In b4 your ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Based on my limited amount of time playing with macs, i would find it highly unlikely that he would do anything 'negative' other than protest if some rules weren't being followed in a game.
    Based on my experiences with The Poker Room, I'm not the least bit surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Macspowr is not the mild mannered guy you all think he is. :eek::eek:

Macs, perhaps we can take this to the bbv thread but your 7 iron story must be retold as a warning to others

cliff notes
    cars keys, hallway; thief, letter box, hand, 7 iron, smash, hospital, crown court. PING

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I honestly dont get this..

Pokerroom opened in Celbridge last Wednesday. It ran the best of boards tournament on the Friday and got nothing but rave reviews from everyone that was there, including myself. I can't remember seeing a negative comment.

A few boards played tournies and big cash games over the next week, and again gave the place the thumbs up in every way.

It had the makings of being something really big.

Word of mouth (and online) has massive implications in the success/failure of a poker club/promoter. Its not too late for Pokerroom to turn this around before it loses the respect of boards, and i'd urge them to do so because i'd like to see John/Ross succeed with this club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

yeah. poker rooms post is way outa line.

LOL at the idea of Macs being anything other than courteous and well mannered. Hardly the worlds rowdiest man is our Macspower.

I wasn't sure about the Poker Room for a while but this has just nailed it on for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Can see alot of people staying away from them because of this, anyone who's had any table time with Macspower anyway and knows how utterly stupid these allegations are. They really would struggle to find a less likely candidate for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I had just come on to say that i got a text today to say i had been removed from the text mailing list, happy days, i dont mind the odd text now and again to keep me informed of games.

Very surprised to see this kind of stuff has kicked off. As Tony has said alot of good has come about of the opening of the new room in celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I honestly dont get this..

Pokerroom opened in Celbridge last Wednesday. It ran the best of boards tournament on the Friday and got nothing but rave reviews from everyone that was there, including myself. I can't remember seeing a negative comment.

A few boards played tournies and big cash games over the next week, and again gave the place the thumbs up in every way.

It had the makings of being something really big.

Word of mouth (and online) has massive implications in the success/failure of a poker club/promoter. Its not too late for Pokerroom to turn this around before it loses the respect of boards, and i'd urge them to do so because i'd like to see John/Ross succeed with this club.

meh I'm playing there regardless, Macpower is a ticking timebomb and at least there I'm safe from him for when he finally goes postal, those bad beats have got to be creating a buildup, it won't be some thiefs broken knuckle on the op table next time,

Macspower wrote: »
    WOW....

Just recieved a PM from The Poker Room informing me not to worry about recieving any more texts as I am barred from all his venues!!

thoughts?
    :eek:

I was just replying to him about my latest spam and I hadn't seen this - WTF!
    In b4 your ban.

Sorry Lloyd, I guess that would fall under the L word OK.

I've told him I'm imposing a 150 Euro handling charge per Text message recieved from now on :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Paul - Visit Poker Room - Bad Behaviour.

Is equal to

Eamon Dunphy - On air - Making Perfect Sense.

Never in my time have I ever witnessed such a sequence of events, nor do I believe I ever will.

Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Lads, can we keep the OT posting and pics etc. to a minimum... there's still things to be done in this thread.

The Poker Room has made allegations against Macspower and they have been called out on it. Let's at least make it possible for them to reply to this thread without having to wade through loads of rubbish and pictures... I'm gonna go back and do a quick clean up now.

Ste05

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

WTF sort of arseholeary is this thread...

New poker room opens, invites all members of boards along for a 1K added freebie. Boards people accept freebie, sign up as members, giving work email address & work phone number (fukkin retards)

Then when the club they've joined and willingly given their contact details to texts them about upcoming games they decide to come on a public forum and slate the club?

IMO anyone who has posted on this thread stating their grievances about receiving information from the club they joined, and willing gave their details to is a complete arsehole :confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Macs is an honourable gent and I love having him at my table (especially when I have A3 or he has AA) - you have most definitely got your wires crossed somewhere.

• Advertisement

New poker room opens, invites all members of boards along for a 1K added freebie. Boards people accept freebie, sign up as members, giving work email address & work phone number (fukkin retards)

Then when the club they've joined and willing given their contact details to texts them about upcoming games they decide to come on a public forum and slate the club?

IMO anyone who has posted on this thread stating their grievances about receiving information from the club they joined, and willing gave their details to is a complete arsehole :confused::mad:

Is this a level????

Macs asked to be taken off their mailing list because he disliked the frequency of the texts and did so without naming the club. The club seemed to come forward and say "no problems, just send me a PM and we'll sort that out."

That should have been end of.

However...

The room in question then PM's Macs and bans him as well as publicly stating it is for "bad behaviour" in both clubs on different occasions. Everyone here knows Macs is probably the most mild mannered guy in poker. The whole forum calls BS.

So what has that got to do with the total NONSENSE you just posted???

Get a grip man.

Macs is an horrible gent and I love having him at my table (especially when I have A3 or he has AA) - you have most definitely got your wires crossed somewhere.

You mean honourable there Ricky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Then when the club they've joined and willingly given their contact details to texts them about upcoming games they decide to come on a public forum and slate the club?

From my understanding of what i've read in this thread, I haven't seen anyone 'slate' the club and the complaints were fairly reasonable to be fair,people don't want to be bombarded with texts every day and made this be known here when other avenues hadn't proved fruitful.

Now everyone on boards is a 'complete arsehole' or a 'fukkin retard'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Played wit macs in kilarney and thought he was a gentleman. Nice guy to have at table.
    This thread is bout to erupt.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

we all know macs was banned because he never shuts up at the table. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Who said this... ?
    Now everyone on boards is a 'complete arsehole' or a 'fukkin retard'?

Sorry that my post was a bit strong, but it's how i feel.
    A PM to Ross or a phone call to the club would would have solved the perceived problem !

A PM to Ross or a phone call to the club would would have solved the perceived problem !

It didn't though.

There are very clear rules about what you can and can't do in terms of using customer data for marketing via text eMail or phone.

They make it abundantly clear that you are not allowed to do what the Poker room have done in this case.
    - The use of automatic dialling machines, fax, e-mail or SMS text messaging for direct marketing to individuals, is prohibited, unless subscribers’ consent has been obtained in advance.

Where the subscriber is a customer, e-mail and SMS text messaging can be used for direct marketing purposes if an easy to use, free of charge opportunity is given to object to these marketing messages at the time of collection and on the occasion of each subsequent message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Flop was a clear fold, the check raise bluff on the turn was abismal.. opponent looks so strong especially given his rep. No idea what you can do on the river. Prob a fold IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

MACS always room at the jackpot for ya impossible get barred from there
    no matter what you do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement