Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicitated Texts from Poker Rooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Wow, well done The Poker Room, that is an impressive hero to zero in the space of a week.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I agree fully with Ste's post above.

Posting here as an organiser is a privilege that comes with certain responsibilities due to the free publicity to a very wide audience. Making an allegation in public and then saying that are willing to discuss in private does not wash in fairness.

If the allegations are unfounded then I'm sure there is a fairly simple way around this and it may well pass over fairly quickly and be forgotten aobut, but people should not underestimate the power of being seen to do wrong by a very popular member of the Dublin poker community, unless you can back up your claims with something more substantive than is seen to date.

I would also invite the manager of the Poker Room in Celbridge (zsoulking) to post if there were reasons why Paul should be barred for unacceptable behaviour during his one visit there as he would undoubtedly be aware of such happenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

guess you cant win a 20 year old german sports cara a cheap
    flat screen tv and your days playing E3 rebuy tourny's are over

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

There could be a lot of 'Lucky' clothing appearing on the charity rails shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

free the boards one

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

free the boards one
    try stick all your small posts into one big one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

If I owned a poker club in this current economical climate I would be licking peoples :eek: trying to get them into my club

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Surely this is a case of mistaken identity?

John, any chance you could fill Ross in on who Macspower actually is?

Shocking post imo, and I agree Paul, when slandered on Boards publicly, you deserve to clear your name publicy also.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

cuterob wrote: »
    If I owned a poker club in this current economical climate I would be licking peoples :eek: trying to get them into my club

I agree, you'd think that focusing on customer satisfaction given the current financial climate may be important huh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Surely this is a case of mistaken identity?

John, any chance you could fill Ross in on who Macspower actually is?

Shocking post imo, and I agree Paul, when slandered on Boards publicly, you deserve to clear your name publicy also.

I assure you 100% it is not a case of mistaken identity..

when I arrived at the club Ross greeted me and showed me around bringing me upstairs and I complimented him on the place... I have also complimented them on previous thread I linked to...

I then spoke to John and shook his hand and wished him well... John was actually the last person I spoke to when leaving the club... I cashed out with him and expressed my opinion on the 20 euro buy in to a 1/2 nl cash game...

At all times I was in the prescence of the good folk of this forum and as I left there were many still left in the tourney.... If I had acted out of order in any way do you not think that someone on here would have seen it??

I then left and went home and posted in the boards thread complimenting the club and wishing them well and railed the reports for the night...

I'm absolutely shocked myself TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Well i for one must say fair play to Poker Room for standing up to the bordsie bullies and making an example of one

all the chit that clubs have to put up with on here is terrible imho :rolleyes:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Well i for one must say fair play to Poker Room for standing up to the bordsie bullies and making an example of one

Don't post again then and toddle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

They are free to feck off then and not avail of the free advertising if they feel they have to put up with so much 'chit'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ok, hang on, i thanked cos i presumed that was sarcasm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

zuroph wrote: »
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit,
    people who use it,
    are full of chit.

zuroph wrote: »

it was :D

but i dont think the 2 above got it:P

it was :D

but i dont think the 2 above got it:P
    Use the /sarcasm function.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

There are very clear rules about what you can and can't do in terms of using customer data for marketing via text eMail or phone.

They make it abundantly clear that you are not allowed to do what the Poker room have done in this case.

at500autodialer1.jpg

"Hello, this is Homer Simpson aka Happy Dude! The court has ordered me to call every person in town to apologize for my telemarketing scam. I'm sorry. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, send one dollar to : Sorry Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. You have the power!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Never been to either of these rooms as yet and

[ ] This thread really makes it sound like a place i would go out of my way to attend.

im not on the text list and have never misbehaved in your club but feel free to ban me aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Not going to go into details, i will be happy to speak to Paul about it directly but as I said It wan't happen on a public forum.

With regard to texts we use a text service and if you reply to the text, the reply doesn't go to me. As an owner of a venue I am pretty visable and regularly post on boards giving my name and phone number. So If you wish to be removed from a list then please ask.

Also If you have posted on this thread with regard to receiveing unwanted text messages I have P.M'd everyone asking for their number so i can remove you.

I spent the weekend at the Red Cow when i went back to my car there was a flyer from another Card Club (I didn't ask for the flyer and I had to physically remove it) but I understand to have the great live poker scene that Ireland has, it has to have a competitive market in order to do that Card Clubs have to advertise.

Once again I am sorry if the text messages have offended you and if you wish to be removed please PM me with your name and number.

Our clubs do our very best to provide value for money and variety in the games we offer, We keep our promises and our business is transparent, over 1,000 players a week play in our clubs with a pretty high approval rating but lifes about choice and in the end it's up to you where you play.

People love to have a pop its the nature of the forum, that's ok.

What does any of this have to do with the issue at hand?

Macs has been nothing but a gent anytime I have ever had the pleasure of playing with him, either explain the situation, or admit it's a load of bollocks and give Macs the apology he deserves.

Either way I don't see myself visiting your cardroom if you smear a guy like Macs for no obvious reason. Clear up your mess or gtfo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

well i've never really been to your club either mrpokerroom & didnt really have any intention on going strickly between you and me,

BUT GOD DAM IT I AINT GOING THERE EVER :D

I call for a strike vote, lets go picket outside both clubs
    All in favour say I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Messy indeed but perhaps one of the Mods might offer up their services to mediate the divorce negotiations?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

already has, a few mods have already posted and its not right the poker room not responding to the slander

lee_arama wrote: »
    Messy indeed but perhaps one of the Mods might offer up their services to mediate the divorce negotiations?

off topic

jordan and peter andre have nothing to do with this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I have missed this kind of drama its been too long.

Up until today I was looking forward to going to the club in Cellbridge as I have a lot of time for John from his days in the Emporium and would be happy to support him. After all this stuff with Paul I will NEVER darken the doorway until its sorted out. It is so obvious from here that Paul has done nothing wrong and its sour grapes from this Ross dude.

Maybe The Poker Room wasnt around for the whole Blinkers saga as Im sure if they were Ross would have learned that losing the backing of boards and alot of people from the Dublin poker community spells the end for any club.

I am 100% confident if this isnt sorted out "The Poker Room" will be closed in a year. I advise Ross to cop a plea of mistaken Identity and apologise and move on.......... Its your only hope.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Hate to see this happen to John. Always very polite and courteous in the SE and thought he was an excellent manager. I think he'll know a mistaken identity plea won't cop it though. An apology from Ross to Macs is the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

ocallagh wrote:
    Hate to see this happen to John. Always very polite and courteous in the SE and thought he was an excellent manager. I think he'll know a mistaken identity plea won't cop it though. An apology from Ross to Macs is the only option.

It'd still leave a hell of a sour taste though.
    If everything is as it seems, this seems one of the most brainless moves by a poker room I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

slightly off topic is blinkers gone the way of the dodo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I sure the Poker Room boys see the business as their baby and don't like negative feedback warranted or otherwise. They are probably squabbling right now like patents about what to do next.
    Maybe Ross was in a sensitive place when this all started and overreacted. Who knows.

What is clear to me is there is space for the Poker Room lads to turn this around. Admit error of judgement, apologise, Macs accepts and back to business. Don't let pride get it the way if making a living in this case as it is obvious to everyone that Macs should not be banned because if he should have he would have been before this thread started.

Do the right thing and good luck with your business. Based on the reaction to last weeks event you got a good thing going for both players and yerselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

sickpuppy wrote: »
    slightly off topic is blinkers gone the way of the dodo?

Yes.

Slightly off topic my account still isnt suspended.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement