Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicitated Texts from Poker Rooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

ocallagh wrote: »
    Flop was a clear fold, the check raise bluff on the turn was abismal.. opponent looks so strong especially given his rep. No idea what you can do on the river. Prob a fold IMO.

Quality analysis there Niall,perhaps a different line preflop would have proved a little more fruitful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

sickpuppy wrote: »
    MACS always room at the jackpot for ya impossible get barred from there
    no matter what you do.

if only.....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi,

I will happily remove anyone from the text list at your request, simply Pm me your number and the number that you have been receiving texts from.

Most people complain about lack of numbers at tournaments, In order for a new club to get numbers it has to get the message out there. A lot of people like the texts and get annoyed when they dont get them but we dont want to annoy people who don't want them.

So I am sorry If the texts have annoyed you but everyone who requests will be removed ASAP . As for sharing numbers it doesn't happen as far as I know. If your getting text you have signed up to the club and put down your text number its as simple as that.

Thanks Ross The Poker Room.

PM sent (Yet again) Ross
    Last time the messagees stopped for about a month and then they were back twice as much.
    I have no interest in €3 multiple rebuys
    I have no interest in free to sits with multiple rebuys
    If I want to play bingo I'll go out with the Mrs
    I have no interest in your big screen
    If I want to watch sky sports I'll go to the pub, if I want to play poker I go to a club.
    And I certinly have no interest in some crazy dueces wild bingo games.
    Please stop the texts......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

How about the time you kicked up a huge fuss because they wouldn't let you bring in your McDonalds Milkshake in tallaght ... was your behaviour acceptable then?
    :eek: what did the cops say when they got there?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

no matter what you do.

oh Im pretty sure you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

no matter what you do.
    I'm sure I heard of someone getting a ban/suspension, for presenting their lad at the cash desk. Though I could be mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I've been out for a few hours there..

Many thanks guys for your kind words and support..

This whole situation is so so Bizzare....

My first visit to the Poker Room Tallaght was posted about here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055360634&highlight=daytime+poker+tallaght

and so was every visit for the next 4 weeks until the tourney was cancelled without notice.. I had managed to cash each week... I post a good review of the Poker Room and praise it well. I met some good people there including some boardsies ttm04, get in there, electra blue, Brefni for the first time and was nice to put faces with the names..

Next visit is the HU night and enjoyed the night with great banter and manged to win that night...

The very next time I visit is to the Poker Room in Celbridge for the best of boards night and get knocked out early... Very enjoyable night.... and I come home and post my support here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055553835 and spend the rest of the night watching live updates and supporting remaining boardsies..

Ross were you unhappy that on cashout I commented about the min buy in of 20 euro in the 1/2 nl game? I did this privately at the main desk and said it to John at the cash Desk..

I havn't been in any of the Poker Rooms since but started getting the texts after this and replied to eash asking to be removed.. they kept coming and I make the original post here not mentioning the name of the club at all...

I recieve a PM from Ross stating that all I had to do was contact him and he would have removed me if I PMed him. I reply to PM...
    I recieve reply stating I was banned from the clubs..

Poker Room posts on here publicly and makes post as above insinuating that I was banned for some misconduct of some type..

I call on the Poker Room to come on here and clarify the situation and make a public apology or make accusations in public..

The reason for going to this tourney was to support John on his opening night.Over the years I have got to know John well and would have a lot of time for him....

I'm sure I heard of someone getting a ban/suspension, for presenting their lad at the cash desk. Though I could be mistaken.

Not me I might add.... :eek: but There Is Always One ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

There are very clear rules about what you can and can't do in terms of using customer data for marketing via text eMail or phone.

They make it abundantly clear that you are not allowed to do what the Poker room have done in this case.
    I'm pretty certain that they don't apply given that you're a member of a private members club and the texts would not be looked upon as direct marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Have never seen Mac being anything other than a gent when I have played with him. I have not been to either Poker Room and dont think I ever will after this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭The Poker Room

Not going to go into details, i will be happy to speak to Paul about it directly but as I said It wan't happen on a public forum.

With regard to texts we use a text service and if you reply to the text, the reply doesn't go to me. As an owner of a venue I am pretty visable and regularly post on boards giving my name and phone number. So If you wish to be removed from a list then please ask.

Also If you have posted on this thread with regard to receiveing unwanted text messages I have P.M'd everyone asking for their number so i can remove you.

I spent the weekend at the Red Cow when i went back to my car there was a flyer from another Card Club (I didn't ask for the flyer and I had to physically remove it) but I understand to have the great live poker scene that Ireland has, it has to have a competitive market in order to do that Card Clubs have to advertise.

Once again I am sorry if the text messages have offended you and if you wish to be removed please PM me with your name and number.

Our clubs do our very best to provide value for money and variety in the games we offer, We keep our promises and our business is transparent, over 1,000 players a week play in our clubs with a pretty high approval rating but lifes about choice and in the end it's up to you where you play.

People love to have a pop its the nature of the forum, that's ok.

i dont think the clarification is coming. IMO they know they just fcked up majorly. Unless Macs is with-holding some huge evidence from us all, only a grovelling retraction is going to get them out of this one.

Not going to go into details, i will be happy to speak to Paul about it directly but as I said It wan't happen on a public forum.

you made the alligation in a public forum..

Now back it up or apologise.. simple as...

nobody had a pop at the club. All the feedback has been positive. The only "pop" had was you insinuating macs had misbehaved. you were willing to go that far publically, have the balls to talk the rest out publically, as macs has requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

zuroph wrote: »
    nobody had a pop at the club. All the feedback has been positive. The only "pop" had was you insinuating macs had misbehaved. you were willing to go that far publically, have the balls to talk the rest out publically, as macs has requested.

+1

Sorry Ross but your last reply is totally unacceptable. You came onto a public forum and told Paul (and everybody else) that he is banned from your clubs due to his behaviour whilst in both of your clubs (Tallaght and Cellbridge)

Come clean with the details of what Paul has done in both of your clubs to deserve a banning or apologise to him on the same forum that you insinuated his behaviour was unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

I have never met either Macs or pokerroom guys (to the best of my knowledge).

The forum is a community and one that is used by promoters to spread information directly to their target market (without having to pass any renumeration for the privelage), perhaps macs deserved a barring however no operator should be allowed to publically insinuate some form of underhand behaviour by one of the forum members and then not be either forced to defend their position or else retire the privelages afforded to them by the forum. Its not a far jump for someone to speculate that macs was barred for breaching rules/cheating etc, pokerroom should have to clarify the situation once the allegation is made public.

I have been barred from many poker rooms in my time and dont really care about my own personal image, however some people are protective of their good name, and rightly so if it is slandered without cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

With regard to texts we use a text service and if you reply to the text, the reply doesn't go to me. As an owner of a venue I am pretty visable and regularly post on boards giving my name and phone number. So If you wish to be removed from a list then please ask.

Also If you have posted on this thread with regard to receiveing unwanted text messages I have P.M'd everyone asking for their number so i can remove you.

I spent the weekend at the Red Cow when i went back to my car there was a flyer from another Card Club (I didn't ask for the flyer and I had to physically remove it) but I understand to have the great live poker scene that Ireland has, it has to have a competitive market in order to do that Card Clubs have to advertise.

Once again I am sorry if the text messages have offended you and if you wish to be removed please PM me with your name and number.

Our clubs do our very best to provide value for money and variety in the games we offer, We keep our promises and our business is transparent, over 1,000 players a week play in our clubs with a pretty high approval rating but lifes about choice and in the end it's up to you where you play.

At this moment in time, no one gives a shít about your texts or business. You have publically insulted a member here, one who is a friend of mine, and many others here also, so either come clean with what you have accused macs of and let him defend himself or fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

I have never met either Macs or pokerroom guys (to the best of my knowledge).

The forum is a community and one that is used by promoters to spread information directly to their target market (without having to pass any renumeration for the privelage), perhaps macs deserved a barring however no operator should be allowed to publically insinuate some form of underhand behaviour by one of the forum members and then not be either forced to defend their position or else retire the privelages afforded to them by the forum. Its not a far jump for someone to speculate that macs was barred for breaching rules/cheating etc, pokerroom should have to clarify the situation once the allegation is made public.

I have been barred from many poker rooms in my time and dont really care about my own personal image, however some people are protective of their good name, and rightly so if it is slandered without cause.

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

theresa will batter ya with his mickey like he batterd that desk what pissed him off in the jackpot you have been warned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

macspower check your PM's. I Pm'd you a while ago, I'm assuming you didn't notice or you're getting loads...

I'll delete this post soon... I just want macs to check his PM's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

So the only way to get removed is by sending a boards.ie private message? How do non-boards.ie members stop these messages? It's obviously not possible by sending any sort of text reply.

Macspower wrote: »
    I call on the Poker Room to come on here and clarify the situation and make a public apology or make accusations in public..

Macs has asked you to let it happen on a public forum. From what I can see he has nothing to hide.

Oh and...

Now you want to say we are all just having a pop? Everyone I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about your night in Celbridge and while I have not frequented your Tallaght room Macs has personally commented to me that he thinks some of your ideas out there were very inventive.

So who was having a go?

Macs asked for his number to be removed from your direct mailing list. That is a perfectly reasonable request. You stated it was removed and Macs said thanks and it was all done. Then you, in an "unrelated" move, barred Macs from your rooms.

Take some friendly advice. You ran that boards event because you know this forum is a powerful tool for advertising your games to your target market. You should also realise that when you seemingly make baseless accusations about the conduct of a respected forum member that, in absence of proof, the other members of this forum will draw the conclusion that it stems from pettiness on your part. Were I you I would apologise to Macs and move on. I think you'll find him more than willing to accept a sincere apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

You were happy enough to accuse him along the lines of 'I think you can guess'.
    I don't know you or have never met macs personally but I know him through this forum which you use to promote your business.
    Macs has given a comprehensive account of his visits to your clubs,and has provided links to posts ffs. I read every link before I posted this and unless there is some big secret here you look to have made an @rse of yourself.

As I've said I only know macs through boards but I can't possibly imagine an ellaborate scenario where you're being hard done by here, I presume it is what it looks like, that your pissed at him for even the slightest negative comment about your business. BTW no club in paticular was ever mentioned!

You've obviously gone to a lot of trouble promoting your various business's here,and unless you barring macs from your clubs was nothing but petty spite over this thread,you've obviously been wasting your time and i'd imagine this debacle will come back to bite you pretty hard .

Ste05 wrote: »
    macspower check your PM's. I Pm'd you a while ago, I'm assuming you didn't notice or you're getting loads...

I'll delete this post soon... I just want macs to check his PM's

No need to delete anything STE.. I want it dealt with here .. loads of people have been asking me what happened and I'm as eager to find out as they are...

If the alligation had been made by Pm I would deal with it there...
    If it was made by phone I would talk about it..

but since it was made here I request that it is dealt with here and no where else....

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Macspower wrote: »
    No need to delete anything STE.. I want it dealt with here .. loads of people have been asking me what happened and I'm as eager to find out as they are...

If the alligation had been made by Pm I would deal with it there...
    If it was made by phone I would talk about it..

but since it was made here I request that it is dealt with here and no where else....

thanks
    Grand.

Firstly, for the information of the forum my PM was asking Macspower if he wanted me to delete the allegations made against him by The Poker Room, they were made in public and were not backed up after Macspower asked that they substantiate their claims, so I offered to delete the allegations.

As The Poker Room knows (or ought to know), one of the main rules for organisers and cardrooms that use boards to promote their events is that they have to answer any reasonable question asked of them by a boards member, Macspower has been very reasonable in his requests here, The Poker Room has stated publicly that they have barred Macspower "due to your behaviour on several visits to both my rooms".

Macspower has stated publicly that he would like these allegations clarified in this thread to give him an opportunity to clear his name and he deserves an answer or a retraction and an apology. If one or other isn't forthcoming The Poker Room will lose the privilege of using boards to promote their events and Card Rooms.

Ste05

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Ive missed the drama its been too quiet around here lately.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

I seem to remember another club refusing to come on here and answer questions...

how did that work out for them?

shooting%20yourself%20in%20the%20foot.jpg

I was in the Poker Room in Tallaght and played with Macs on a few of the Friday Tourneys and I personally can vouch that the game was always friendly and full of banter...

Apart from sucking out on my AA I never saw him do anything wrong EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Hey, Macspower, don't know you (may have staked you once or twice[:confused:]) but i think its a disgrace that insinuations like this can be made without any backup.

Poker Room, if you had no intention of naming the reasons why this player was banned from your club on this forum, then you had no right to use this forum to tell him he was barred (PM or otherwise) Considering the fact that you have his contact details, correspondance other than this forum wuld have been much more applicable and perhaps appreciated.

Until such a disclosure is made, i would call on the mods to ban you from advertising your events. I think you will lose alot of players from boards due to these allegations.

Sorry Ste, only saw the last part of your post now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I think somebody has finally come out and start wearing that cowbody hat of yours that went missing and you have been mistaken :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

I think there maybe a bit of truth in the milk shake claim he does like his milkshakes:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement