Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicitated Texts from Poker Rooms

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

All I can do is lol at this thread. If Ross wanted to intentionally sabotage his business he couldn't have picked a better canditate than Paul to have a go at. The allogations are crazy.

I am also amazed that Ross hasn't replied given Ste05's post. Losing this forum as a means of marketing is asking for an early visit to the dole office.

edit: Bad timing on my part. Fair play to Ross for coming on and clearing it all up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Well done on the apology, however im still interested in what Macs supposedly did to warrant the barring in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Sorry I was in the club until late this morning and just got to this now.

I just sent paul an apology, I over reacted and for that I am truly sorry.

Paul is welcome to any event that i run in the future.

Sometimes in life you make mistakes and over react and for that i am sorry. I have fully read this thread and have taken people's feedback on board.

I have also deleted all boardies from our texting lists and in future you will be given the option to opt in to getting texts and there will be a stop function on all texts we send.

Ross.

So have you set a date for the 5k freeroll mentioned by Flushdraw?:D

Kudos for the apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Ive heard it through the Grapevine that Macs was allegedly monopolising the chinese buffet - totally out of order imo.

wp to Ross - the man who hasnt made a mistake in life has made nothing!

Allegedly the Poker Room is to put on some spelling lessons for Boards Poker Players.

These allegations have not been denied or confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

WP Ross I now look forward to a trip down to Cellbridge sometime soon.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Sorry I was in the club until late this morning and just got to this now. I just sent paul an apology, I over reacted and for that I am truly sorry. Paul is welcome to any event that i run in the future. Ross.

Fair play Ross, it takes a big enough man to apologise and admit a mistake.

I hope Macs is not put out by it. If anything Macs you can see just how well respected you are on the forum :)...

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sorry I was in the club until late this morning and just got to this now.

I just sent paul an apology, I over reacted and for that I am truly sorry.

Paul is welcome to any event that i run in the future.

Sometimes in life you make mistakes and over react and for that i am sorry. I have fully read this thread and have taken people's feedback on board.

I have also deleted all boardies from our texting lists and in future you will be given the option to opt in to getting texts and there will be a stop function on all texts we send.

Ross.

nh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Good man Ross, (and LOL at the Chinese buffet comment BCB) You have apologised and I don't think you should answer any more questions on the topic.

I suggest the (ever vigilant ) Mods lock it now and we move forward. I was never snubbing the place as I thought the whole thread was an overreaction. (as my post to Damo alluded to)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

While I dont want to be seen as stirring things up but while the apology is well and good it still doesn't change the fact that an explanation was asked for as to what bad behavior macs had done. After all some comments were still made an explanation still hasn't been given for it. either there was an overreaction to something trivial macs has done or the actions were made up and just something to throw in there as to cover up the real reason to the banning which appears to be the txt thread. just my 2c

• Advertisement

Trippie wrote: »
    While I dont want to be seen as stirring things up but while the apology is well and good it still doesn't change the fact that an explanation was asked for as to what bad behavior macs had done. After all some comments were still made an explanation still hasn't been given for it. either there was an overreaction to something trivial macs has done or the actions were made up and just something to throw in there as to cover up the real reason to the banning which appears to be the txt thread. just my 2c

FFS Trippie, let it go, you are worse than Irish Kelt.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

TextGate ftw!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Less use of that 'L' word please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

5starpool wrote: »

They called Macs a lesbian? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

YULETIRED wrote: »
    FFS Trippie, let it go, you are worse than Irish Kelt.

No word from Macs, is he satisfied with this, we still dont know what he did to cause this overreaction

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would agree. To ban someone like that it it should be something fairly serious & to just dismiss it as an over reaction is a bit much to accept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Trippie wrote: »

+1.

While the apology is good to see, in my book it still says a huge amount about someone/how they will run there business when they make up false acquisitions and are willing to slander someone's good name just because they got touchy over him not wanting to be spammed with texts.

huh, what was edited?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

sorry completely slipped my mind

So Ross did what the mods asked of him, what do you expect Paul to do now that would in anyway be useful?
    Demand an another apology with bells on it? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 notilt

Methinks the threat of the loss of Boards as free advertisements may well have had something to do with the apology , what about the non Boards players , are they treated this way ?

So Ross did what the mods asked of him, what do you expect Paul to do now that would in anyway be useful?

The Pokerroom basically did what it was told to do to avoid a Boards ban. What did macs do to bring on this overreaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No one saying demand another apology, what I dont get is all the posters who have said "I'll never go to the poker rooms in cellbrigde or tallaght again unless they say sorry" but then when they do say sorry everyone is all "Ah fair play, I'll see you lads in their on saturday." I dont play any live poker really, but I certainly wouldnt be rushing to either place just because Ross happened to pick on the worst person on boards he could find to slander. If someone who wasnt as well known/popular as macs alot o f people would of probaly believed the lies ross told and that's pretty damaging to a persons name.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

100% agree. Move on already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Give it a rest guy's , Ross has said that he had over reacted and has appologised to Paul . Now stop looking for blood. Fair play Ross

just because Ross happened to pick on the worst person on boards he could find to slander. If someone who wasnt as well known/popular as macs alot o f people would of probaly believed the lies ross told and that's pretty damaging to a persons name.

MES1151.jpg

No one saying demand another apology, what I dont get is all the posters who have said "I'll never go to the poker rooms in cellbrigde or tallaght again unless they say sorry" but then when they do say sorry everyone is all "Ah fair play, I'll see you lads in their on saturday." I dont play any live poker really, but I certainly wouldnt be rushing to either place just because Ross happened to pick on the worst person on boards he could find to slander. If someone who wasnt as well known/popular as macs alot o f people would of probaly believed the lies ross told and that's pretty damaging to a persons name.

what's not to get here? :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

cliff notes anyone?

for what its worth I blame the recession, the cause of and solution to all problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus, better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :rolleyes:

that just wasn't helpful

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement