Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicitated Texts from Poker Rooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

The only option now is a 5k freeroll for the first 50 members of boards to reply to this thread. They could have a bounty on big bad Macs for €300 which he gets to keep if he wins it.

1st - €1400
    2nd - €900
    3rd - €600
    4th-6th - €400
    7th-9th - €300

Boardsies will forgive and 5k will probably be chicken feed to what could be lost if the bad taste stays in the mouths of the people around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Always thinking outside the box Tony :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Poker room .........FAIL!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Flushdraw wrote: »
    The only option now is a 5k freeroll for the first 50 members of boards to reply to this thread. They could have a bounty on big bad Macs for €300 which he gets to keep if he wins it.

1st - €1400
    2nd - €900
    3rd - €600
    4th-6th - €400
    7th-9th - €300

Boardsies will forgive and 5k will probably be chicken feed to what could be lost if the bad taste stays in the mouths of the people around here.
    they could get Paddy power to sponsor a few tickets to the IWF too, kill two birds with one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

1st - €1400
    2nd - €900
    3rd - €600
    4th-6th - €400
    7th-9th - €300

This , im in 4th:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 notilt

Wow cant believe some one would make a mistake like this after what happened to Blinkers , this is just pure arrogance . I liked the place but bye bye Poker Room unless you say sorry .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

The only option now is a 5k freeroll for the first 50 members of boards to reply to this thread.
    zuroph wrote: »
    they could get Paddy power to sponsor a few tickets to the IWF too, kill two birds with one stone.

Throw in the coke and hookers and yee could be on to something here lads (excuse the pun)

On topic. Ive never been, never likely to go, but you cant go round making accusations like that without backing them up or having the balls to say "you know what, sorry, men get PMT too, it was all a misunderstanding"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

DAMO72 wrote: »
    This , im in 4th:D

Damo, I'm surprised you have shown your face here, I have been receiving unsolicited texts from your new club , it's wearing out my reading glasses and my fingers are sore from deleting them, can you please stop sending them to me or I'll start a thread on the subject.

This was this mornings text . I got this 17 times

Daamo Heeare, we've a greaaaat competition on tonight, amaaaazing prizes for yourself theare. Caaash gaaames aaall night loong until the mooorrning.
    text STOP and we might laaave ya alooone for a while.

Stop now Damo or I'll box the big ears of ya. (I am not afraid of your enormous arms, so cover them up ya big ape)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Paul, I've never played with you so please forgive me. Are you the biggest fish in the games in Dublin or are you genuinely as nice a guy as everyone is making out? :P

I've never seen so much solidarity within a poker community!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

gotta agree with most here, you didn't bring up the fact that he is banned as he did, buttttttttttt........ He isn't afraid for the reason behind being banned to be brought to the public, so you should say it or else everyone will think/know its just you being childish and petty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Damo, I'm surprised you have shown your face here, I have been receiving unsolicited texts from your new club , it's wearing out my reading glasses and my fingers are sore from deleting them, can you please stop sending them to me or I'll start a thread on the subject.

This was this mornings text . I got this 17 times

Daamo Heeare, we've a greaaaat competition on tonight, amaaaazing prizes for yourself theare. Caaash gaaames aaall night loong until the mooorrning.
    text STOP and we might laaave ya alooone for a while.

Stop now Damo or I'll box the big ears of ya. (I am not afraid of your enormous arms, so cover them up ya big ape)
    I think you should be barred for pulling your tits out at the table ya Big Lady Boy. I might just buy that 1 from ross for the wall of my club .(Which incidently is opening on monday 18th at 8:30 in Monaghan town) Shameless advertising;):D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lads, quit the off topic crap in this thread please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

I for one will never visit this poker room if this is not all cleared up. Ive only known paul through the boards community and found him an honest and most helpful person. Poker room hopefully you are man enough to clear this up or be prepared to loose business, i have heard only good things about the celbridge room, it would be a shame to tarnish it. So please less of childish behaviour. (and sort out the 20e 1/2 buy in :))

ps.. macs has a great swing

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It seems to the Poker Room doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes.
    First off they thought it would be a good idea to try poach JPs players from Molloys..
    JP is one of the best & most respected in the business. He is also a very nice guy & would have had no problem helping you out promoting your events..
    I played the Friday games a few times but got tired of the way it was run. That game was cancelled without any notice. (couldn't be arsed texting anyone on that occasion)
    To be fair the Friday game went downhill when Ross stopped being present.
    To be honest I would not play there again unless there is a big apology, a sticky on all poker forums for a month would suffice LOL, and a radical overhaul of the tournments.
    Get rid of the silly €3 rebuys etc... Put on some serious games & you will get good quality players with out the need to spam...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

yeah everyone will deny it but poker organisers are definately sharing their contact numbers imo.
    Can happen when you sign up at regional games when you have to fill out a sheet or from online reg for live tourneys.

I can only speak for Poker Ireland here (and I know we send some of the most annoying texts); but I have never and will never give a phone number or list of phone numbers to anyone once its on the pokerireland.ie database.

I've learned that lesson the hard way over the years. The texter can be fined up to €5,000 per text message (or so I was told by a salesperson from Puca a couple of years ago) if they do not stop sending texts when requested....

At the end of every text I send I include my personal mobile number (087 2424626) so that people can opt out....

Ross - Macs (who is an absolute gent btw) I hope you sort this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Just caught up with this now. Everyone in the poker community knows Macs character and you could not have picked a less believable fabrication if you tried. I feel for John who deserves a real chance at doing well as he does a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

AdMMM wrote: »
    Paul, I've never played with you so please forgive me. Are you the biggest fish in the games in Dublin or are you genuinely as nice a guy as everyone is making out? :P

I've never seen so much solidarity within a poker community!

Definitely the latter, with maybe a bit of the..ahem thrown in :pac::pac::pac:

I've played countless tournaments and cash games with Paul in 3 different clubs in Dublin, i've never known him to be anything but a gent at the table.

I even recall the final table of the EPM side event, his missus had an emergency with the kitchen sink, poor Paul was almost forced to whisk home and lose out on a nice pay day...surrendering his blinds.

Even with the circumstances he faced, he remained, polite, jovial and true to the word that everyone has said on this thread. (with the exception of Poker Room)

He's nothing short of a gent at the table and these accusations are a slur on his good name imo.

Get your head out of the Sand Poker Room/Ross, It takes alot of balls to come out and admit you were wrong and make an apology but you will ultimately be respected for doing the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=10584661&postcount=7
    The Poker Room,
    Do you have a texting service through which players can keep abreast of upcoming games?
    Thanks,
    Terry

very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

1/2 Live 5 No Limit Texas Holdme.

I'll go for the Johnny Logan special please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

I only played with macs once (killarney) but as everyone else has said he was a gent.

It's obvious ross made a mistake yesterday and I thought initially everyone was going over the top about this. However not coming on here to apologise almost 24 hours later when he is 100% aware of this thread shows that he is too stubborn to admit fault and it's past the time for apologies as far as i'm concerned.

I certainly won't be playing in the poker room anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Anyone got a picture of the Undertaker and his R.I.P slogan, I think it would fit in nice here. And zsoulking jumped straight from the emporium to this, poor guy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Wolves wrote: »
    It's obvious ross made a mistake yesterday and I thought initially everyone was going over the top about this. However not coming on here to apologise almost 24 hours later when he is 100% aware of this thread shows that he is too stubborn to admit fault and it's past the time for apologies as far as i'm concerned.

I am in blood
    Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
    Returning were as tedious as go o'er.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Just read this thread now form start to finish. Ive never met this Ross guy but I gather hes not the sharpest tool in the box. Ive played with Paul on dozens of occassions and always found him to be a gentleman beyond reproach. RIP The Poker Room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭The Poker Room

Sorry I was in the club until late this morning and just got to this now.

I just sent paul an apology, I over reacted and for that I am truly sorry.

Paul is welcome to any event that i run in the future.

Sometimes in life you make mistakes and over react and for that i am sorry. I have fully read this thread and have taken people's feedback on board.

I have also deleted all boardies from our texting lists and in future you will be given the option to opt in to getting texts and there will be a stop function on all texts we send.

Ross.

macau + Mick O'Sullivan springs to mind here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Kudos. Well done.

sorry, I didnt see the apology post, that doesnt spring to mind anymore...

fair play poker room, nice post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

2183_storm_in_a_tea_cup_webimagefringe.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement