Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a video of your swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This is interesting :)

The first two videos are swings of mine at sixteen years of age.

The last one is from the middle of this summer. I've actually made some changes to my wrist action, must grab another swing vid soon ( and with a more flattering t-shirt :O )

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Is it just me or are none of Doc's working ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Not working here either Fix

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Senna wrote: »
    Not a great video, but hopefully enough for you to see. Do I have an over the top swing?
    It may look like the camera is off centre, but that just because I aim down the left usually.

Not that I'm a pro in anyway at all but it looks like you need to work on your posture. There seems to be very little flex in your knees and your back is more curved over than a straight (ish) line. If you can get a little more bend in your knees & try keeping your back straight & bending forward from your hips you should be in a better position to start your swing. Take a look at the Adam Scott pic in greebos post 2 prior to your vid.

But if I were you I'd go to a pro rather than listen to me.

I can see all 3 vids. A few years of good living on you now doc :D nah just kidding.

Nice to see that you've kept that nice finish to your swing over the years. My finish is an ugly mess

• Advertisement

I can see all 3 vids. A few years of good living on you now doc :D nah just kidding.

Nice to see that you've kept that nice finish to your swing over the years. My finish is an ugly mess

How or why can you see them Space - I've noticed that a bit before on this - is it a software issue ? I'm on windows 8 on a pc .

How or why can you see them Space - I've noticed that a bit before on this - is it a software issue ? I'm on windows 8 on a pc .

Watching them on my mobile. It's an android phone

Update on me while people are at it. Working on taking the club away more outside and dropping in on the way down. My natural swing is opposite, inside on the way back and outside on the way down

Looks class Space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Update on me while people are at it. Working on taking the club away more outside and dropping in on the way down. My natural swing is opposite, inside on the way back and outside on the way down
    hi,your takeaway looks really good.im the same i always tend to go back inside,even when i fix it it always reverts back after awhile.what drills are you doing to get the club away more outside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Watching them on my mobile. It's an android phone

Same here, No Video on PC, OK on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Weird. Will take a look into it tomorrow when I get to a PC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

you have a very nice swing space :)

Rikand wrote: »

Cheers, biggest problem is its not repeatable for me at the moment. Need a lot more range time to make it a bit more natural

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Rikand wrote: »

Nice posture and stance and although I think the take away is still too much on the inside and a little flat it does look good and solid. Great position at impact.

One little thing that could be worth working on is to maintain a little more flex in your right knee during the back swing. Have you a tendency to hit the odd big hook at present?

I really don't like the finish of the follow through with the club shaft half way down your back. You should be aiming to finish and hold that with the club shaft behind your ears. It's more aesthetics that anything as it doesn't complement your back swing. Just my 2c so perhaps better dis-guarded.

Nice posture and stance and although I think the take away is still too much on the inside and a little flat it does look good and solid. Great position at impact.

One little thing that could be worth working on is to maintain a little more flex in your right knee during the back swing. Have you a tendency to hit the odd big hook at present?

I really don't like the finish of the follow through with the club shaft half way down your back. You should be aiming to finish and hold that with the club shaft behind your ears. It's more aesthetics that anything as it doesn't complement your back swing. Just my 2c so perhaps better dis-guarded.

Cheers yeah, all very valid points to be honest.

I'm getting the irons much steeper, but still get a little flat with the long clubs.

Right Knee flex was something I worked on earlier this year...thanks for pointing it out as I hadn't noticed it has crept back in again.

And I've said it in previous posts, I have an UGLY finish, but thats kind of last on my priority list at the moment, focus is on getting closer to a single plane on the swing back & down.

My god, I thought a golf swing was supposed to be a thing of simplicity :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Cheers yeah, all very valid points to be honest.

I'm getting the irons much steeper, but still get a little flat with the long clubs.

Right Knee flex was something I worked on earlier this year...thanks for pointing it out as I hadn't noticed it has crept back in again.

And I've said it in previous posts, I have an UGLY finish, but thats kind of last on my priority list at the moment, focus is on getting closer to a single plane on the swing back & down.

My god, I thought a golf swing was supposed to be a thing of simplicity :D
    Just and opinion, I think working from impact through to the finish should not be last on your priority,I think you should be working on your takeaway and follow through at the same time.

why..,

A/your backswing is excellent,your takeaway is excellent,minutely inside,but so are alot of the pros,your right elbow could be a tad higher at the top of your backswing and this will get the club more over your right shoulder

B/You have a disconnection of your left arm through impact which in turn is causing a chicken wing in the follow through which to me is the fault of any bad shots you have.If you sorted this the finish of the swing would look after itself
    My belief is if someone works on the weakest link of the swing it makes the swing so much better as an overall package http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpwqLaR1OpQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V9gjygcgeM&list=UUOudUfDux1I7p6Z9aaZ5a7Q

agusta wrote: »
    Just and opinion, I think working from impact through to the finish should not be last on your priority,I think you should be working on your takeaway and follow through at the same time.

why..,

A/your backswing is excellent,your takeaway is excellent,minutely inside,but so are alot of the pros,your right elbow could be a tad higher at the top of your backswing and this will get the club more over your right shoulder

B/You have a disconnection of your left arm through impact which in turn is causing a chicken wing in the follow through which to me is the fault of any bad shots you have.If you sorted this the finish of the swing would look after itself
    My belief is if someone works on the weakest link of the swing it makes the swing so much better as an overall package http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpwqLaR1OpQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V9gjygcgeM&list=UUOudUfDux1I7p6Z9aaZ5a7Q

Thanks for this, good advice & clips too.

I understand what you're saying re working on the full swing through impact & that is the end goal.

My biggest problem is a bad take away & transition to down swing resulting in my right arm getting seperated and a big cut across. That's why I'm focussed on the other points at the moment. My brain can only take working on this part at the moment. Once the take away & path of swing start to feel more natural I'll be looking at any disconnect on my left arm. That's why I was saying my finish was at the bottom of the list currently.

I have a face on 8 iron clip from the same session that I'll stick up later. I'm not noticing a chicken wing upward, more like my left arm collapsing downwards which is most likely causing the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lovely swing Space, well overdue seeing it in action in real life.

There are lads more clued in on here than me, but if I was to throw my tuppence worth in.
    Backswing to impact is really impressive.
    The major fault I see is that you seem to have your weight on the heel and outside heel of your left foot coming into and especially after impact.... I'm not too technical :) but it looks as if you're falling away (to the left... Bad habits from previous out to in/slice maybe?) from the shot.
    Your final position is very "left".

I think you may be losing some power from as a result and I can imagine it's not great for promoting a draw.
    When I was working on my swing earlier this year I worked on this and am getting a nice draw with most clubs bar the driver :( ...it's coming along slowly I hope)
    When working on it I think I went from one extreme to another but I've dialled it back in now.

The "feeling" I worked on was trying to load my weight onto my left foot more through impact, the ball and toes. I was also trying to get my left knee moving forward and towards the target on the downswing.
    I used to do a drill where I walked out after the shot to promote this (ala Player)... I think you would struggle to walk out after yours at present.

Now... That mightn't make any sense at all but I wonder do others see an with the weight being too far back on your left heel?

For a bit of context, this us me about 2.5 months ago. Might let you know why I'm working on the pre follow through stuff

And here is the face on iron shot from the previous day showing my arms through impact:

You could well be on to something there Parlance. I'm pretty sure I couldn't step through with my current swing alright.

I'm in serious trouble next time I try swing a club:
      take away on the outside Keep right arm tight and stay on inside on the way down Make sure my weight is not on my heels Keep my left arm connected through Finish & hold at the top behind my head

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭benny79

Lads how do u post videos off ur phone I'm trying 2 attach them but it won't work.?

benny79 wrote: »
    Lads how do u post videos off ur phone I'm trying 2 attach them but it won't work.?

Think most people upload the video to YouTube Benny and then just post the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Hey Space, you have a similar problem I had and still sometimes get.

Your spine tilt is collapsing at the top of your backswing, so your first move is towards the target with the upper body, which means even though you have a lovely on plane backswing, this move kills your potential, you can't hold your lag or do the flattening move you want because of this.

Do you find you pull the ball and don't get enough distance you should?

PARlance wrote: »
    Think most people upload the video to YouTube Benny and then just post the link.

Sorry to be a pain I'm not great with these thinks! but do you know how to up load it than onto youtube as all i find it lets me do is watch clips can't find anywhere were it lets you up load could be because i'm on my phone.

"things"

benny79 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain I'm not great with these thinks! but do you know how to up load it than onto youtube as all i find it lets me do is watch clips can't find anywhere were it lets you up load could be because i'm on my phone.

I've an iPhone and it's there's a button you can press that makes it all straightforward. Not really sure how to go about it on other phones.

If you want to email or text me the video then I'll upload it for you no probs. I'll send PM with my details.

cheers man I emailed you 3 see if they will work. I keep shanking my wedges in the range for some reason and cant snap out of it!

your PM box is full by the way.

Dont Think the above will work for seem reason but the first one is...

• Advertisement

Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong lads? only seems to be happen at the range of late but did happen once on coarse and now I am conscious of it when I take out my wedges!!!

Advertisement