Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a video of your swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

agusta wrote: »
    What other issues would it cause..,were talking about the right arm connection for a left handed golfer in the video!,jim mclean believes this connection is the most important connection in the golf swing at impact,so you cant disconnect it during the backswing.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkiTSxsJgM

ps this is just a drill,it gives you the feeling of what connection feels like during the golf swing.Its not something to be thinking about on the course in the heat of competition

Sorry I was forgetting that he was a leftie!
    Trying to keep it under your "back armpit" throughout the entire backswing wont work for the same reasons that the glove/whatever will fall out from the front armpit during the follow through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

GreeBo wrote: »
    Sorry I was forgetting that he was a leftie!
    Trying to keep it under your "back armpit" throughout the entire backswing wont work for the same reasons that the glove/whatever will fall out from the front armpit during the follow through.
    i agree,im a leftie too.its second nature to me now reading golf books where right means left and left means right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I have been very lucky to have been on holiday for the last month and have had loads of time and access to a launch monitor to work on my game, must have hit 1000 6 irons. Have been spending some time trying develop a draw and fade swing. The HMT that I have been using gives great data on the swing path, I think I have sorted out my bad miss left and can hit a fade when I need to. Still lots of draw spin but it is much lower than 4 weeks ago.

Fade is working out on average 12 yards shorter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVR6MkTdDP4

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

I have been very lucky to have been on holiday for the last month and have had loads of time and access to a launch monitor to work on my game, must have hit 1000 6 irons. Have been spending some time trying develop a draw and fade swing. The HMT that I have been using gives great data on the swing path, I think I have sorted out my bad miss left and can hit a fade when I need to. Still lots of draw spin but it is much lower than 4 weeks ago.

Fade is working out on average 12 yards shorter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVR6MkTdDP4

It's impossible for you to comprehend how jealous I am.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

J . Class . All I have to say is how come your not off a lower handicap ?

Everything looks good. Everything ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

J . Class . All I have to say is how come your not off a lower handicap ?

Everything looks good. Everything ?

It's coming, played 4 rounds here and broke 80 in all of them, friendly games with lots of gimmies but some really solid golf, just hope I can bring the form home with me.

I have also had some lessons here, small change on the driving. Wider stance and a little more weight/lean on the right side, has helped with catching it on the up stroke, has made a big difference in carry. With the 913,I have been using I am getting about 240 carry and 260 in total.

Fix, I am back on wed and wanted to beat the jet lag by playing our semi open around 12, if your interested ?

J

It's coming, played 4 rounds here and broke 80 in all of them, friendly games with lots of gimmies but some really solid golf, just hope I can bring the form home with me.

I have also had some lessons here, small change on the driving. Wider stance and a little more weight/lean on the right side, has helped with catching it on the up stroke, has made a big difference in carry. With the 913,I have been using I am getting about 240 carry and 260 in total.

Fix, I am back on wed and wanted to beat the jet lag by playing our semi open around 12, if your interested ?

J

Away J . Would have loved to.

great scoring J.

With your short game and putting. Single figures on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carpo86

18th at the Heritage today. Not a great angle but all comments still appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzp45ZiMsFX5bDMzT2dLby1RWU0/edit?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭plumber77

Nice swing is all I could comment on. I'm sure some one else can speak about the technicalities

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Carpo86 wrote: »
    18th at the Heritage today. Not a great angle but all comments still appreciated!

Lovely swing Carpo, nice, controlled and doesn't look like much can go wrong (I'm sure you'll dispute that :) )
    Have you shortened it up over time?

Do you mind me asking what you're playing off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carpo86

PARlance wrote: »
    Lovely swing Carpo, nice, controlled and doesn't look like much can go wrong (I'm sure you'll dispute that :) )
    Have you shortened it up over time?

Do you mind me asking what you're playing off?

Cheers!

To be honest, it's always been about there as I've never really felt comfortable going fully parallel on my driver. I hit it a reasonable distance as it is and think I'd be sacrificing a lot of control if I tried to go any further back.

Currently off 9 and trying to get lower (started the year on 13).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Cheers!

To be honest, it's always been about there as I've never really felt comfortable going fully parallel on my driver. I hit it a reasonable distance as it is and think I'd be sacrificing a lot of control if I tried to go any further back.

Wasn't suggesting that you should go any further, love the way it's not getting close to parallel :)
    Have managed to shorten up my iron swing this year and have way more control, as soon as I start to even think about my driver swing..., I'm in trouble.
    Next winters project.

Nice swing,athletic,yes,poor camera angle,its just guess work to comment on your swing at this camera angle.idealy the camera angle should be face on or from directly behind you facing the target.then you could check your swing plane..,in my opinion all i can see from this camera is that your left knee is not floating back to the right on the backswing [its moving straight out] and that you left foot is rotating towards the target on the followthrough ,your could post a better video at a better angle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

th_20140808_172203-1.mp4

Driver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Classy looking Swing plane, bit too fast for my eyes to find any faults!

whizbang wrote: »
    Classy looking Swing plane, bit too fast for my eyes to find any faults!

Thanks

My irons draw but lately the driver fades, that one came back on target

To me, it looks like I'm swinging left of target. The pro mentioned it to me in the shop the other day when I told him he said to watch I swing down the target line and not the body line.

Haven't gotten out all week so not sure if it will work :)

Maybe try setting the ball back a bit. possibly looks a tiny bit like your reaching for it. but i wouldn't change much.

Dan your flying it . Literally.

Have you got swing speed measured . 110 + ?

When do you target single figures. Not joking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Cheers!

Not suggesting you should change at all but I'm the complete opposite to you, if I don't get the club somewhere near parallel I am guaranteed to have a horrible strike, possibly a shank even with an iron, or with the driver most likely a big slice. Funny old game.

Maybe try setting the ball back a bit. possibly looks a tiny bit like your reaching for it. but i wouldn't change much.

I'd say the opposite, I think the reaching is caused by lack of bend at the hips.
    For a driver your are very upright with a smaller angle then expected between arms and shaft and your hands are close to your body.
    I'd bend your head less and your hips (not waist) more.

Probably harsh, but compare it to the man.
    318666.PNG

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'd say the opposite, I think the reaching is caused by lack of bend at the hips.
    For a driver your are very upright with a smaller angle then expected between arms and shaft and your hands are close to your body.
    I'd bend your head less and your hips (not waist) more.

Probably harsh, but compare it to the man.
    *snip*

I'll say it to the pro next week, still haven't got a lesson on the driver so the current swing is just something to get me out there. The posture I have for the driver is different for the irons at the minute, its slightly more weight on the heels compared to the irons. Its definitely something that needs work but I'm hesitant to do anything until the pro gets a better look
    Dan your flying it . Literally.

Have you got swing speed measured . 110 + ?

When do you target single figures. Not joking there.

105 average I think that last time I was on a LM. I'm swinging a bit more relaxed and easier since but I don't know if its slower or faster tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Not a great video, but hopefully enough for you to see. Do I have an over the top swing?
    It may look like the camera is off centre, but that just because I aim down the left usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Senna wrote: »
    Not a great video, but hopefully enough for you to see. Do I have an over the top swing?
    It may look like the camera is off centre, but that just because I aim down the left usually.

Yes you have an OTT move, you also stand too upright and bring the club too much on the inside on the way back, your welcome.

I used to be too hunched over, I've obviously over corrected and I didn't realise I took the club up on the inside, would that add to the OTT move?

Yes you have an OTT move, you also stand too upright and bring the club too much on the inside on the way back, your welcome.
    no need to be condescending thanks.
    If there was I might point out "you're" mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

I used to be too hunched over, I've obviously over corrected and I didn't realise I took the club up on the inside, would that add to the OTT move?
    Yes it would lead to the OTT move, you'd be best going for lesson, a pro would explain it better than anyone on here (incl myself) could and after a few lessons you'll begin to better understand the swing and how simple it can and should be.

IMHO it's not really over the top.. If you pause the vid at about 7secs, you can see its still well inside.

Try to hold off on the swing, until you can get your hips well ahead of the ball. It almost feels like your hips will be pointing right of target. If you can keep your left upper arm tighter to your chest before contact, this will help also.
    lastly This

very slightly only,You are swinging back on a flat plane whickh doesnt help.To improve your swing you should be working on you alignment and posture.Your feet are aiming right while your swinging left.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMnIpg4i_J4

Also
    a/ try and keep your right knee flexed [dont leave it straighten] in the backswing
    b/try and get your right shoulder pointing more towards your target at the finish of your swing

Thanks for the tips everybody, definitely stuff I will work on, might get lessons but that wont be till next year, so for the mean time, this will keep me going.

agusta wrote: »
    very slightly only,You are swinging back on a flat plane whickh doesnt help.To improve your swing you should be working on you alignment and posture.Your feet are aiming right while your swinging left.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMnIpg4i_J4

Also
    a/ try and keep your right knee flexed [dont leave it straighten] in the backswing
    b/try and get your right shoulder pointing more towards your target at the finish of your swing

Great drill for aliment there, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 arkslippy123

You've a nice simple repeating action. It's hard to tell because from the back, but you hit a high fade ? You don't look like ott, more like your alignment brings you into that position. Do you hit irons well, it looks like you might find it hard to hit down and through. More of a sweeping action.

Advertisement