Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TCPLiquid200.jpg

I imagine anyways. Have you done MA before cardio, you seem to have taken to it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Gotten lazy updating this, Had to have my cat put down today due to kidney failure so i havent really been doing much significant training during the week.

went to bjj twice and brought a friend to raw and did a basic chest tri session.

Bjj:90 min

we roll on fridays, putting everything we learned into practise through out the week.

6 times with a yellow belt, won all 6 rounds, 4 kimuras, and armbar and a heelhook

3 times with a White belt, lost 1 drew 1, didnt finish one, the guy was huge! lost to an arm triangle, the draw was where he had an RNC and thought i was going out, but i was fine. was waiting for him to gas so i could turn into him, and we didnt finish the third, but i had his back :cool:

3 times with a blue, won 2, didnt finish one, i realised after the first two that he was going easy on me, third one was alot harder.

1 with an unknown , got a heelhook :P.

Getting better, i HAVE to pick up a cup tommorrow, ive got a 3.5 hour lunch break so no excuses, a guy was passing my guard and kneed me full force in the balls and i almost passed out :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

what way do the belt rankings go in bjj?

white, yellow....other colours, brown black . i really have no clue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Had to have my cat put down today due to kidney failure

Sorry to hear this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Cardio, were you just on the luas about 20mins cardio in a red top? You/not you got off in Dundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

white, yellow....other colours, brown black . i really have no clue!

White
    Blue
    Purple
    Brown
    Black

& Red!

Sangre wrote: »
    Cardio, were you just on the luas about 20mins cardio in a red top? You/not you got off in Dundrum
    that was me man! the underarmour rash guard and blue shorts, just comin back from bjj, you shoulda said hello!

Training this mornin was a balls
    will re-do the deadlifts next week to play it safe.

Deadlifts:
    205 x .75 (forgot to put on chalk, grip went)
    205 x 1.5 (first was fast, couldnt lock the 2nd one, tired)
    when i was putting on the belt for the third attempt,
    205 x .75
    i realised that i was able to go down a notch, but at this stage i was too tired, so i just went and benched

Bench:
    80 x 5
    85 x 3
    90 x 2
    92.5 x 2
    95 x 1
    97.5 x 1
    90 x 1, nothing close to failure

Incline Dumbell press
    35dbs x 5
    35dbs x 5
    37.5dbs x 3 light spot on the third

Rolling tricep db extensions (incline)
    22.5s x 7, starts out as a close grip db press, then a negative skull crusher, then roll back down and do the close grip again.

Dips
    bw x 5
    +5kg x 5
    +5kg x 5
    +5kg x 5

• Advertisement

oh yea, Bjj-90 min

it seems monday is purely conditioning work, and a lil bit of rolling at the end, suits me fine.

it was pretty funny, i was breaking my bollox during the cardio, nearly collapsed many a time, but my recovery seems to be better than alot of the class, by the time we started rolling i was raring to go, while not alot of the others where.

i was also the only non brazillian there today!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

that was me man! the underarmour rash guard and blue shorts, just comin back from bjj, you shoulda said hello!
    Wasn't sure so I didn't want to come across as a weido! I was the guy sprawled across the seats in the front carriage.

Kev M wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this

cheers man, its unreal how weird it is, everytime i open the fridge, i look down the corrider out of the corner of my eye expecting to see him subconciously, or when im comin in to the house ill sometimes call out to him, because id usually feed him when i got home.

and i only realised recently he was 9 , mad how quick the time goes, i had him more than half my life!

Sangre wrote: »
    Wasn't sure so I didn't want to come across as a weido! I was the guy sprawled across the seats in the front carriage.
    cant say i saw ya, was pretty tired!

boredom strikes!

Squats high bar shoulder with stance Beltless
    50 x 5
    60 x 5
    70 x 5
    80 x 5
    90 x 5
    100 x 5
    110 x 1
    110 x 1 low bar all easy, strength seems to be all there despite the extreme lack of squats lately.

Shoulder press
    20 x 5
    40 x 5
    45 x 5
    50 x 5
    55 x 5
    60 x 5, left it at that as my left shoulder was getting a niggling feeling

Barbell step ups
    did 60 x 5 on one side , but i could still feel the niggle so i just left it that, dont poke the bear and all that....

Various stretches on my left shoulder thrown in with some pull ups, a small bit of foam rolling.

Deadlifts
    bar x 10
    60 x 5
    100 x 3
    140 x 2
    180 x 1
    205 x 0
    205 x 0
    180 x 1
    200 x 1
    172.5 x 3 and so ends my Coan philipi experience.

im pretty sure thats all i did, ill post tomorow if i remember anymore.

Thoughts:
    program is extremely good, i loved it, but in reality i dont have the time to recover during the summer, im on my feet 7 days a week. ill be redoing it in september because i know i can get some great gains out of it, but i cant commit to it as i know i cant recover for it when im working all week. my back is in shatters at teh moment, as it was this morning before i lifted.

goal for the summer is to lift 190 x 10. and just get stronger and leaner. 95kg here i come!

but i cant commit to it as i know i cant recover for it when im working all week. my back is in shatters at teh moment, as it was this morning before i lifted.

sigh....the youth of this nation.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Why have you a weight goal?

You're like 8foot tall, putting a goal of being 95kg on yourself is stupid imo, fair enough you want to be leaner but you don't necessarily have to drop weight to achieve that.

he actually makes sense....

Why have you a weight goal?

You're like 8foot tall, putting a goal of being 95kg on yourself is stupid imo, fair enough you want to be leaner but you don't necessarily have to drop weight to achieve that.
    hmm, i came across wrong, im aiming for 95kg, but if im happy with how i look at , i dunno, 99-98kg, ill stop, im taking a guess tho at 95 ill be as lean as id like to be.

• Advertisement

Bench
    40 x 5
    60 x 5
    80 x 5
    90 x 4
    85 x 6.9, right shoulder blade slipped off the bench, annoyed!
    85 x 4, easy enough
    90 x 1
    85 x 2, switched into the cage for this set, bench was mad slippy

grr, the bench inside the power cage is too narrow, but the bench attatched to the bench press rack, has the safetys too low so its like im floor pressing it out

so its either arch well, but lose tightness
    or arch ****, and have tightness.

Db bench
    32.5 x 5
    35 x 5

Thoughts
    might actually start following a program, no clue what tho

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

program is extremely good, i loved it, but in reality i dont have the time to recover during the summer, im on my feet 7 days a week. ill be redoing it in september because i know i can get some great gains out of it, but i cant commit to it as i know i cant recover for it when im working all week. my back is in shatters at teh moment, as it was this morning before i lifted.

I'm having similar problems myself recovery wise Eric...
    I missed one of the early weeks on Coen (192.5 1x2) a fortnight ago simply down to fatigue. (Got it this week though, with a third for good measure)
    I've training twice a week, match on the weekend, work during the week and then trying to fit it gym 5 days a week and constantly progress!
    It's very difficult. My weight is flying down also, even though i'm eating much more to compensate. What sort of pre workout drink are you taking? I'm going to invest this week.

All the best!

i dont take any pre workout, just caffeine tabs before my "lower " days.

BJJ 90 minutes, good fun today, learned some triangle escapes, transitions, and a trip to side control.

did 10 minutes of rolling ,got submitted about 10 times, but was fighting the two assistant coaches so its all good.

friday,

wasnt gonna go to the gym, but one of hte lads was back from portugal so i went to TF with him

worked up to a 64.5kg shoulder press on a thick oly bar with no knurling. shoulder felt ok

95kg close grip bench press aswell. boss.

did some power cleans

then went to bjj and wrecked my shoulder, feeling good now, but i aint lifting today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

What'd you make of the UFC, I'm píssed with Carwin, I thought it was a poor performance. Have to say Brock did well though.

The Brown V Lytle fight was great too!

What'd you make of the UFC, I'm píssed with Carwin, I thought it was a poor performance. Have to say Brock did well though.

The Brown V Lytle fight was great too!
    good night, the carwin lesnar fight went how i expected it to, Carwin gassing and brock taking him down, the sub was a surprise though.

leben vs akiyama was really disapointing, akiyama gassed so early. had higher hopes for him, and he looks tiny.

lytles submission game is awesome, he had about 20 different options !

shaub seems to be moving up, would love to see him v dos santos.

gerald harris vs branch was a horrible fight other than the slam. fair play to him for not hitting him tho

overall a great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I have to say I was impressed with Leben's sub attempts, showing he's not just a 1 trick pony, I still hate the guy though :pac:

Lytle was on fire though, that sub was excellent!

Deadlifts:
    60 x 5
    100 x 3
    140 x 3 everything hook grip up to here
    160 x 1 belted mix grip, dcs on
    180 x 4 beltled shoeless
    190 x 1
    190 x 1 grip and rip, felt interesting
    150 x 3 hook grip, beltless easy.

next week gonna do 180 x 5 and 190 x 2 and 150 x 4 beltless move it up slowly, nothing was hard today like.

Power cleans
    20 x 5
    40 x 6
    60 x 7
    70 x 1, these where all singles, with maybe 10-30 sec rest between, not killin myself.
    form is improving, i mentally forced myself to squat into them, so my feet didnt go out, im almost doing a full clean, probably squatted down a foot. on the 70kg one my feet kicked out like i usually do, but thats because it was heavy.

Squats high bar, beltless
    bar x 5
    60 x 5
    70 x 2
    90 x 1
    110 x 1
    120 x 1
    120 x 1 better than the first attempt, didnt gm as much, still a bit tho.

im almost sure those 120 high bars are a PB.

good day, gonna slowly work up the deadlifts from now on,

BJJ:90 minutes

good session, lots of rolling, can feel myself improving based on how im doing against opponents.

• Advertisement

Bench
    85 x 8
    90 x 5

Incline
    60 x 8
    60 x 10
    60 x 12 none locked out
    awkward angle on the incline so uncomfortable to lockout

Tricep pulldowns

Kneeling abb pulldowns