Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Sangre wrote: »
    Squats are a huge improvement from the last video I saw, good work. Have you tried bringing your grip in to keep your elbows down and chest up (not that their isn't anything hugely wrong with your chest dipping)?

Last time he did that, he destroyed his shoulders. I'd rather see him use a wider grip and just work on keeping that upper back arch and still being able to train rather than force something on his body that it's just not ready for!

And I see you're robbing my posting lyrics at the start of a post thing ;)

You need to find some way to have the chains fully deloaded when they're on the floor too btw, you're not gonna get much of an effect from 6-7 links moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

cheers, they are lookin better alright, more to be done though.

and its an animal song hanley.
    on the squats, im thinking of swithing to high bar tbh, im not THAT much weaker on it and with some hardcore ab work it could be the exact same.

and yea, theres a set of smaller chains i can use for that, wasnt bothered though at the time.

COAN PHILIPI week 4, don-don-DON!

Deadlifts:
    bar x 10
    50 x 3
    60 x 2
    100 x 1
    140 x 3 hook grip, very fast
    170 x 1 beltless, quick
    205 x 2 10KG PR, boo ya.

"Speed" deadlifts:
    172.5 x 3
    172.5 x 3
    172.5 x 3 ouch
    172.5 x 3
    172.5 x 3

Circuit
    SLDL 77.5 X 8
    Pendlays 77.5 x 8 (changed to rows on 2nd +3rd for fun)
    lat pulldowns pin 10 x 8
    gmings 45 x 8

pr on the sldl rows and chin pulldowns

Thoughts:
    was feeling very strong today when i started, was contemplating going for 200 beltless but decided to stick with the program.threw on the belt and felt horrible, couldnt get it set up well.
    the first 205 was fairly fast, and there was no worry of missing the 2nd one, but they were by no means pretty.

and there is concerns i may have bruised a rib on the third set of speed pulls. belt was way too high.

i believe thats hardest week over, from what ive heard from others. so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

Nice PR!
    It will be interesting to see how much you get off CP .I know a few people that started it but couldnt finish,both failing at week 8.That seems to be the toughest week??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

nice deadliftin! added ya on FB there btw :pac:

• Advertisement

sweet, yea it was nice, back is just pump tastic all week though.

finished my hardest exams today so had a bit of fun in the gym messing around
    CGBP
    80 x 8 paused
    80 x 8 paused
    80 x 7 paused +1 tng.
    90 x 2 tng, third was not happening

Military press: Getting back to pb levels
    20 x 5
    30 x 5
    40 x 5
    50 x 5
    60 x 4
    60 x 4, coulda gotten 5 on both these, but was conserving for a failed attempt at 70 :P.

Hook grip bar holds(lol)
    110 x 15 seconds
    130 x 25 seconds
    140 x 7 seconds
    140 x 3 seconds, thumb was in bits, i really wanna get 200 up with a hook grip!

Close grip pin press
    60 x 5
    80 x 5
    90 x 5
    95 x 5
    100 x 3 done on a lower bench, with a lower pin(11)

CurlzzzzzZzzzZ.
    17.5kg bells x 16 x 2 , 8 per arm for 2 sets like
    17.5kg x 10 ,really slow concentric and eccentric. pumptastic. was gonna do fat bar curls but was getting hungry.

gonna try dig up my previous best paused set.

Bench:
    90 x 6 , 7th was so close
    90 x 5
    90 x 3 (one in the tank definitly
    80 x 8 , easy

Front squat singles
    60 x lots
    70 x lots
    80 x 1
    90 x 1
    60 x 1
    60 x 3

OH squats
    40 x 1
    50 x 1

Box squats, around paralell
    60 x 3
    100 x 3
    100 x 3 lowish bar
    105 x 3
    110 x 5
    120 x 3

Oly squats
    60 x 3

Thoughts:
    had alot of fun, trainings coming together nicely atm.

the box squats really helped me push my knees out, was only meant to do 2 but i had badish form on one

balls of a session was hanging around messing for around 15 minutes, i thought from week 5 on that i didnt do the stiff legs or pendlays or any of that, and that it was just shrugs, but nope! so i had 15 minutes do to 3x5 on sldl, rows,shrugs,lat pulldown, and gmings. didnt go well

Deadlifts:
    182.5 x 3 x 3, got vids of all the sets, pretty happy, bar speed was alot quicker than i thought, towards the end i got very complacent in not arching, something i must work on, on the last rep i didnt even attempt to arch my back before i started pulling, bar got away from me and was very hard.

Speeds:
    150 x 2, 150 x .5 (tried double overhand for the crack)150x1 straight after the .5
    150 x 3
    150 x 3 these were very quick no bother.

10 minutes standing around, then i realised the clock was slow.

in 15 minutes i completed...
    Power shrugs
    125, 3 x 5
    Sldl
    90, 3 x 5
    Rows
    85 3 x5 would have been fine with rest, but these werent pretty, rest was 20-30 seconds
    Lat pulldown
    pin 11 ,3 x 5
    Good mornings
    2 x 5,50
    1 x 3 50, form wasnt great so i left it

i felt dead after this, was rushed as we were going to the pier, we got down there and it started pissing rain. ended up going to a park and watching UP on a big screen though, was animal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Yeah, starting off with a rounded back makes it really hard to lockout a deadlift. Used to be a huge problem for me.

Also whats the story with using animal as an adjective?? Must be a young persons thing :pac:

podge57 wrote: »
    Yeah, starting off with a rounded back makes it really hard to lockout a deadlift. Used to be a huge problem for me.

Also whats the story with using animal as an adjective?? Must be a young persons thing :pac:
    always have used it!

Bench press:
    80 x 4
    90 x 2
    95 x 2 honestly coulda got 5
    100 x 0 x 2 Lol, ill explain later
    90 x 2
    80 x 2
    85 x 2
    95 x 2
    97.5 x 1 sooo easy
    100 x 1
    100 x 1
    100 x 1
    95 x 1
    90 x 2
    80 x 3
    60 x 5

Thats it
    Thoughts:
    bw of 103.6, ill get that bw bench this month

i made a realisation about why i keep failing maxes today.my mindset going into them is completely messed up, i try to phyche myself up with amonia and i end up completely ****ing up my set up and technique, the 2nd time around i had no plans of going for 100, but i was calm on the 97.5 and it went up like butter, didnt slow down at all.

the first two actual reps on 100 where quite hard because i slid down the bench, but i chalked my back for the third rep and hit it strong with no spot or lift off.

cheers to the lads who spotted me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

'Nuff Respect on the bench dude.

I hear you're so hardcore now that you go around putting yourself through tables
    Good luck, and maybe i did suplex my shoulder this week

:pac:

well wtf kind of word is subluxate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

He's allowed make up his own

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It's the kind of word that means "parital dislocation". Which I chose to use instead of saying;

"My shoulder took a wobble and paritally dislocated only to relocate immediately, additionally during the subluxation I felt a crunch and a tear as it relocated, and even now 5ish weeks on I can't hold an empty bar in an overhead squat position without a searing pain in my shoulder."

well you had to say it anyway, so its a waste of time i guess.

Bjj: 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Bjj: 90 minutes.

first session? how was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

first session? how was it?

He can't type - he's in too much pain :pac:

really good fun actually, coaches are really sound, i must have gone over something 10 times today and the lad didnt bat an eyelash.ive signed up for a month, then ill go from there, hope to get out 4+ a week

Military press
    50 x 5
    60 x 7 muscle cleaned up
    65 x 2
    50 x 10

Cgbp
    paused doubles
    80 x 2
    82.5 x 2
    85 x 2
    87.5 x 2 touch and go, crappy lift off

Reverse band bench
    100 x 5
    120 x 3
    130 x 1
    135 x 0
    130 x 1
    a lad i knew was coming in with them, couldnt pass up the opportunity

2 min later...
    Bjj:90 min wore my TK knee bands for this, felt fresh..

Bjj: 90 minutes
    really fun class, my first time actually rolling with someone, got armbarred after around 4 minutes, but in fairness i had around 50lb on the guy :D. i am covered in bruises and mat burns, lovin it!

decided to do a hardcore COH job on it and wear my deadlift socks and tk knee bands today. my preparation for today was perfect aswell, ate about an hour before training, not too much, just enough so i only got hungry during the last set of the day.

i spent the entire week trying to get fatter to go up a notch on the belt, and in the end i got skinner and used the next one down...

Deadlifts:
    195 x 2, absolutly delighted with how easy this was, and how solid my form stayed, usually i feel they're slower than they actually are, but these felt very fast. like 75-80% fast.

160 x 3
    160 x 3
    160 x 3 all easy, held the very last rep for 15ish seconds for grip work

Power shrugs.
    137.5 x 5, x 8, x 10, very easy aswell. first rep deadlifted off the floor on each set.

Sldl
    3 x 5, 95,105,115. first rep off the floor, other ones stopped around .5 of an inch above it. last set was done in shoes.

Pendlays
    3x5,90,95,95. Pretty large amount of body language but dont really care, felt good.

Lat pulldown
    3 x 5 pin 11,11,11

Good mornings everything down from here in oly shoes
    3 x 5 50,50,50

Jumping squats lol
    50 x 3, always wanted do to these

Paused squats
    80 x 2, just out of boredom

Thoughts:
    going in today , it felt as no matter what the weight on the bar was, it was gonna be easy

cardio is getting alot better to, flew through all of this.

bench tommorow hopefully.

Body weight: 102.6 in shorts socks and boxers after training. 1kg+ lighter than last week, happy days.

Bjj-90min
    Absolute killer of a class, only 3 of us showed up because of the brazil game, and we werent in on monday so we didnt know.

4-5 rounds of takedowns, winner stayed on, think i won 2 rounds, one against each opponant.

4-5 rounds of kimura attempts, winner stayed on again, lost 4 rounds, drew 1. basically started on the feet, tried to take opponant down and get a kimura

4-5 rounds of head submissions, same story as above, think i lost every round, and now my neck feels *fantastic*

4-5 rounds of anything goes, your man i was rolling with loved neck cranks :/

4-5 rounds of escaping from RNC,attempting RNC

learning scissor sweep and how to escape mount.

im absolutly dead, almost got sick twice.

i thought i popped my shoulder out when i didnt tap to a kimura. got a calf cramp, kneed in the nose, and elbowed in the balls, great class though.

my knees, left shoulder and right wrist arent feeling too good atm, so im gonna ice what i need to, and wont be doing another class without knee bands.

roll on tomorow, bench and more bjj

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

4-5 rounds of head submissions, same story as above, think i lost every round, and now my neck feels *fantastic*

i thought i popped my shoulder out when i didnt tap to a kimura. got a calf cramp, kneed in the nose, and elbowed in the balls, great class though.

Tap early and often, you'll learn a lot more if you stay healthy, buy a cup and your neck will get stronger in time, try to build yourself up to neck rolling, it helped me a lot.
    Body weight: 102.6 in shorts socks and boxers after training. 1kg+ lighter than last week, happy days.

You probably know this but you'll get a much more accurate idea of your true weight loss if you weigh yourself first thing in the morning, after going to the toilet, wearing the same thing, i.e. just boxers.
    I see a lot of people weighing themselves after training but they usually have had dinner just before training and lost a couple of pounds in sweat, so they've no real idea of their actual weight.

Sounds like you're enjoying it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Stop being such a ghey. Where are you training?

Oh buy a cup (groin guard), gumshield and a bottle of tcp and you'll be fine.

:D

• Advertisement

yea, need a cup, whats tcp.

and i weigh myself after training because i find its the one time of the day where my food intake has been pretty constant.

i usually get up, have breakfast then train,so i weigh myself around 12.30-1, before lunch

and my time for dinner or breakfast varies by as much as 2 hours. and i snack inconsistantly :P.

Advertisement